After Sevilla, Spain, Antigua Guatemala Major Week is a very spiritual attraction for christian. The country, if you fallow your guide advised is very safe. We use Maya Sky they are very professional and flexible in other trips that you want to plan. The download almost everything closed from Thursday to Monday including most major stores. Trip to Copan(Honduras-8 hrs round trip) and Tikal are obligatory stops. If you plan to visit Tikal start your visit there expend full day in the ruins and rest at Flores then take a Bus up to Guatemala and Antigua Guatemala. lots of site to view. AVOID nite traveling 85% of the country is on mountain area with steep hills. Also visit Pacaya Volcano on hourse ride. Some people has comment that the country people charge for everything and anything but were visiting a country were people usually work 12 hrs day to earn aprox. 300-400 USA monthly! Of course you have to be vigilante to local that can overcharge you but that can occur in any country, same as robberies and violence to does tourist that take their risk. The roads in the country side are small and some time dirty and hazy since people tend to burn their garbage.
The hotel is very well localized in a mid-low income shopping center having near by Pizza Hut, Burger King and a Walmart if you can live without them. Check your room first before accepting it since some room the bathroom are small for tall or obese people. the buffet breakfast is excellent and the Hotel has a small Gym and pool.Go to 10th floor to take a full city pictures. Near by is a steak rest name La Parrillada with excellent service and meats. Don't go to La Estancia across the avenue since the service and food was below La Parrillada. Both are at walking distance. Also side bi side the Hotel is Miraflores Shopping Ctr mid income center. In all major stores you will see very good security but I said you always has to be on guard (avoid confrontation, and carry what $ money you will use for the day trip).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Was inaugurated on November 1st, 1996 under Hyatt International ® direction, On June 30TH 2001 starts as Grand Tikal Futura. Grand Tikal Futura is a five stars category hotel, located minutes away from “La Aurora” International Airport, in the biggest commercial and industrial development area of Guatemala City. The Hotel is part of the Tikal Futura complex that includes 18,000 m2 of space for offices, located at the “Sol” and “Luna” towers with nineteen levels of offices with four elevators in each tower. The shopping mall has 200 stores divided in five different worlds: kids, home, fashion, sports and electronics. “Planeta Maya” counts with eighteen bowling lines, house of terror, arcade, Gotcha, movies, theatre. We have three auditoriums (Cancuen, Ceibal, Mirador), where all the corporate activities, training, classes, and others take place. Facilities allow participants to be located comfortably and with modern set up, that today a professional needs ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Tikal Futura Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Grand Tikal Futura
- Grand Tikal Futura Guatemala City
- Grand Tikal Futura Hotel Guatemala/Guatemala City