My husband and I travelled to Guatemala City and needed to stay in the city for a few days on several occasions. We were recommended Grand Tikal Futura Hotel and even though it isn't in the Tourist Zone (Zone 10) we decided to try it. We were not disappointed in the grandeur of the building, the friendly staff, clean spacious rooms and the safe environment. We enjoyed using the covered heated pool, spa, gym and restaurant. On one of our stays we booked into the executive floor which was a bit more expensive but included buffet breakfast, unlimited espresso coffee and bottled water and supper with a couple of drinks included. This worked out to be very good value and convenient. We had room service for dinner one night and one breakfast and the single meal size was big enough to feed both of us. They have complimentary airport shuttles. Taxis are readily available to take you to museums etc. There is an excellent museum right next door and a shopping plaza under the hotel and another next door. If I need to stay in Guatemala City again I will definitley be returning to the Grand Tikal Futura Hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Was inaugurated on November 1st, 1996 under Hyatt International ® direction, On June 30TH 2001 starts as Grand Tikal Futura. Grand Tikal Futura is a five stars category hotel, located minutes away from “La Aurora” International Airport, in the biggest commercial and industrial development area of Guatemala City. The Hotel is part of the Tikal Futura complex that includes 18,000 m2 of space for offices, located at the “Sol” and “Luna” towers with nineteen levels of offices with four elevators in each tower. The shopping mall has 200 stores divided in five different worlds: kids, home, fashion, sports and electronics. “Planeta Maya” counts with eighteen bowling lines, house of terror, arcade, Gotcha, movies, theatre. We have three auditoriums (Cancuen, Ceibal, Mirador), where all the corporate activities, training, classes, and others take place. Facilities allow participants to be located comfortably and with modern set up, that today a professional needs ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Otel and Priceline so you can book your Grand Tikal Futura Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Grand Tikal Futura
- Grand Tikal Futura Guatemala City
- Grand Tikal Futura Hotel Guatemala/Guatemala City