“Why go anywhere else?” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Grand Tikal Futura Hotel to your Saves list
Hotels.com Expedia.com
Grand Tikal Futura Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Calzada Roosevelt 22-43 | Zona 11, Guatemala City 01011, Guatemala   |
Ranked #9 of 47 hotels in Guatemala City
Mexico City, Mexico
“Why go anywhere else?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

So i've stayed in my share of guatemala hotels. Ranging from the Radisson to the Westin. All had their pros and cons. On this trip upon arriving to Guatemala I was suprised to find out that my usual hotels where not only full, but they had raised their rates to a staggering 140 + usd. I instantly wipped my cell and looked at tripadvisor and stumbled upon this property. What a great find! The hotel has everything you could ever need. It has a mall on the lower level, granted its not your Boca Raton mall, but its a simple little plaza with a great food court and cinema. Bang opposite you can find another plaza with a Chucky Cheese, and other misc stores. On the side the biggest and newest mall in guatemala, with stores ranging from Zara to Swarovski. On the sides you can find taco bell, pollo campero, and a few other fast food places and restaurants. On the back end of the mall, right behind the hotel you have everything from Ihop to sizzlers. The hotel has a great spa, pool, and gym. The gym area is clean and well kept. They have 3 hot tubs, which are a great stop after a busy day of working or traveling. The rooms are modern, sleek and for central america, I'd say are in the range of a marriott. The staff is nice and always willing to help. The only thing missing is a concierge or a guest relations staff member, aside from this hotel is A+. My only suggestion is that the food and bevarages in the hotel are a little high, (20 bucks for 2 beers) but with so many options outside the hotel, its not even an issue.

Room Tip: Hotel seems to have issues with WIFI. Ask for a router in your room if you really need internet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

164 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Miami
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Hotel is great location, next to a major mall which I did not have a chance to visit. The arrival was a bit slow as they did not have enough staffing on the arrival date. The hotel room was great and so was their breakfast selection available for all hotel guests. I would definetely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Khabarovsk, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I stayed in Grand Tikal Fututra for 3 nights, I stayed in a room on a Royal floor. The hotel was very clean, the staff nice and the room was just fantastic. Great service, including free tea, coffe and cocktails plus canapes through out the day. excellent gym and spa centre. Very good located. Highly reccommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I stayed with 5 friends at this hotel while on a mission trip for 8 nights. The hotel is very clean. The rooms are very standard. Our AC unit did not work during the day and was infrequently working. I had a roommate and we had plenty of room for the two of us. We were on the 4th floor by the elevator banks. The downside to the hotel is that the lobby gets extremely noisy. And it can get loud with big groups of people. The hotel does have wifi but we couldn't get it in our room but it worked great in the lobby. The hotel is tied into a basic mall, but next door is an amazing mall! Also, the restaurant has a really good breakfast buffet with an omelet bar, fruit, pastries, and great fresh juice. The staff was friendly. I would stay here again, as I'm sure it's a nice hotel for Latin America.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Hollywood, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

The outside of the hotel and lobby look GREAT! But the hotel room not what I expected, however very clean. The staff was polite but made me feel very uneasy like I was being watched everwhere I was going. The pool area definately needs a make over, I sat inthe jacuzzi for only 3 mins. I couldn't stand the smell of the mold coming from the rocks, not relaxing.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Quito, Ecuador
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

We stayed for just one night.

Room was ok, bathroom was good.

Must improve to have wifi in the rooms.

Front desk could also improve service: an envelope was dropped in the lobby, and nobody told us. Our airplane tickets to Tikal were there. Luckily our travel agency was fast and returned to the hotel to take our tickets back to us.

Room Tip: Please be sure to ask for Nonsmoking.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
San Pedro Sula, Honduras
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights with my family, while I did biz meetings during the day.
They have excellent restaurants, japanese and local guatemalan food. There is an indoor climate controlled pool too, the kids loved it.
We had an executive suite for $135, you can't beat that. Also access to drinks and food on the executive floor.
We travel the world a lot, and this hotel had it all I highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Grand Tikal Futura Hotel? Share your experiences!