“Best hotel I have found in Guatemala City” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel Guatemala City

You added Radisson Hotel Guatemala City to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel Guatemala City
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1a. avenida 12-46 zona 10, Guatemala City 01010, Guatemala   |
Offers & Announcements
HOLIDAY PROMO - SAVE 20%
Ranked #9 of 47 Hotels in Guatemala City
Knoxville, TN
“Best hotel I have found in Guatemala City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Have stayed here many times and it is always pretty good. I typically look forward to my stay there after traveling parts of Guatemala that don't have a lot of "comforts". The beds are very plush, there is great water pressure and the location is convenient to some decent restaurants within walking distance. Also, I have never fallen ill from any of the food served at the hotel. The neighborhood is fairly safe during the day and I generally feel safe in the hotel. The breakfast buffet is the best of any Guatemala City hotel and if you set up your reservation correctly, can be included with the room. I do seem to get a better rate and breakfast included when I have one of my Spanish speaking friends call down and make the reservation but the internet rates are decent and the front desk staff all speak English very well when I call and are very helpful.

Room Tip: Many different types of rooms available. Some rooms have small kitchenettes and a sitting area that...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Newnan, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Room was clean. Beds were soft. AC worked great. Staff was very helpful with me and my baby boy. Have a shuttle to the airport that runs every hour. Breakfast was buffet style and had American and Guatemalan food. All in all a great place to stay in Guatemala City.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Chiang Mai, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

stayed at the westin beginning of the week. disappointed there which I commented about on trip advisor especially for the money. my wife's friend was staying at the Radisson so she had seen the rooms. upon our return we had to make a decision where to overnight before our flight the next day. taking the path of least resistance as my wife preferred here. pleasantly surprised. big suite, separate salon from the bed room. great rates. trip advisor had a $65.00 rate but I was too lazy to book on my phone so ended up paying $125 which was 20usd less than the westin so I call it a win. generally seems a solid business hotel. no fancy pool, but breakfast included was really good so I'd call this a winner. especially the location as bars/restaurants with in walking distance and safe

Room Tip: for most hotel get a room on the high floor, cuts down on the street noice
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

The hotel is located in a very nice 'Zona Viva' area of Guatemala City, many other important chain hotels are nearby, and many restaurants and bars are within walking distance. Close by are important city avenues and landmarks, including the Auorora International Airport, and many malls. The neighborhood is nice and feels safe, though it is more oriented for nightlife than anything else.

Reservations were easy via the Radisson global site, and we had little trouble at check in. I must comment they wanted us to 'upgrade' to a room with a king size bed for four. Clearly this was to our dislike and the staff quickly set us up in a room with two queen sized beds. My only complain with their system is that they made us do a second check in during our three night stay due to a mix of payment options (Carlson points on nights one and two versus credit card for day three). Silly and a bit of a hassle as the room card keys deactivated too! Staff did not warn of this beforehand, though were quick and friendly fixing this.

Rooms are modern and well fitted, clean and provided of wi-fi (there is a charge for that, though), a desk, a couch and armchair. Very comfortable furniture, and great for sitting and enjoying the city landscape in the upper floors. There is also a fridge (not a minibar) and a microwave, more suited for buying some goods and keeping them in your room for stays of more than one night. There is also a safe in the room, with the only drawback that it takes a good portion of the closet space. Bathroom has a bathtub and the standard features. Rooms are well illuminated, though they are key activated, so if your family is in the room and you have to go to the lobby or elsewhere, you have to leave the key, or ask for a second one.

The hotel does not have a pool, but instead has a medium sized whirlpool on the terrace, which is most of the time occupied, so if the kids like swimming, perhaps another hotel would be a better choice. The terrace also houses a well equipped gym, and has space for relaxing with a great view of the city.

Did not try the restaurant on this visit, but we remember it as having good food and ambiance from previous visits.

Overall is a great experience, with great location close to main avenues and surrounded by restaurants and malls, excellent rooms and friendly staff. Recommended for a visit to Guatemala in a modern area.

Room Tip: Definitively try to get a room on the upper floors, as these provide with a great view to the city...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Stockholm, Sweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

The staff is very friendly and they do their best to compensate the old condition of hotel. The carpet looks very dirty in both bedrooms that I stayed at. The bed and size of bedrooms are very good though.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Monica P, Reservations Manager at Radisson Hotel Guatemala City, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay.

We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future.

We hope to see you again. Do not hesitate to contact us, for futher assitance.

Mónica Palacios
Reservations Manager
Radisson Hotel & Suites Guatemala City
Manhattan, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I just returned from a one night stay here. We had gone to Antigua and came back to stay in Guatemala city to explore the city in the afternoon. Our flight back to Atlanta was the next day at 12:50 PM.
Location - The hotel is in the hotel zone which is a good area. We walked around and even explored the lobbies of nearby Westin and Intercontinental. There are restaurants and some higher end shopping within walking distance. However a lot of places seemed to be closed. I think it was because it was Easter weekend. We also took a cab down to the historic district for the afternoon which ran $8 USD. However on the way back, the cab driver tried to rip us off by charging $20 USD. Thankfully, a man at the Radisson came to our rescue and spoke to him in Spanish. We ended up paying 100 Quentals (about $13 USD). There is also a Hard Rock Cafe down and across the street. We went in the evening for drinks. It is very nice and new.
Service - Check in was fine, but I was not recognized as a Gold member nor was there any mention of a room upgrade. In fact, I had to remind the woman checking us in that we were to get a free drink coupon as part of the package we reserved.
Room - We had room 903. It was very large with two double beds. Alot of wasted space. The major problem was noise. We would hear the people in the next room talking just as if they were in our room. I looked at the windows and there is some open area between them. But it didn't end there. We could also hear people in the hall, and when someone in another room took a shower, it was very loud in our room. So we heard alot of this noise in the afternoon, and I wondered how it would be at night. It was fine until 3 AM when I was woken up because someone had their TV on. I could hear it very clearly, but I'm not sure what room it was coming from. I don't know if it was just our room that had the noise problem, but I doubt it. The hotel really needs to invest in some soundproofing.
Bar - Very nice atmosphere, but we were the only ones in it around 6 PM on a Saturday night.
Breakfast - Nice spread. No complaints. It came free with our package.
Shuttle to airport - I thought it would leave when you need it to. However, it is on a schedule which I think is hourly at 15 minutes past the hour. Glad I asked.
Overall - Nice hotel and average lobby. Everyone was friendly and helpful. But the noise is a big problem. And there is no pool. The lobby of the Westin was really nice and they had a great happening pool that you could see from the lobby. I will probably stay there next time.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Monument, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

We chose to stay here over several other hotels in Zone 10. WE good a great deal on booking.com and were glad to stay here. The rooftop hot-tub was great after a long day of traveling. The area is very safe, especially compared to the rest of Guatemala City. We took the Pullmantur bus in the morning from the Holiday Inn next door to El Salvador the next morning. So, the location was great to get our tickets the night before and to be ready to leave in the morning. We enjoyed the choice of nearby restaurants the ability to walk safely to them. We chose Tacotento and really liked the food/atmosphere.

Room Tip: the higher rooms have great views of the city.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Radisson Hotel Guatemala City? Share your experiences!