“Rooms needs renovation” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel Guatemala City

You added Radisson Hotel Guatemala City to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel Guatemala City
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1a. avenida 12-46 zona 10, Guatemala City 01010, Guatemala   |
Offers & Announcements
HOLIDAY PROMO - SAVE 20%
Ranked #9 of 47 Hotels in Guatemala City
Rio de Janeiro
“Rooms needs renovation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I liked the kindness of the staff. The location is a bit far away from the city center, but most hotels are located in this area anyway. Booked a junior suite, which was spacious. The bed was excellent and ensured a good night sleep. The LCD-TV was large size. The bathroom was outdated. There was a fridge, but no minibar.

I was quite disappointed how dirty and old the carpet in the room was. Full of stains, old and smelly. A bit amazed that normally such as good quality hotel chain does allow this. Had to wear shoes all the time, while inside the room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Monicap1402, Reservations Manager at Radisson Hotel Guatemala City, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Receive warm greetings from Radisson Hotel & Suites Guatemala City.

We want to thank you for taking the time on sending us your feedback about your recent stay at our Hotel. We are glad to read that our staff fulfilled your expectations.

We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the carpet in your room during your stay. I want to let you know that the hotel is currently being remodeled and we are working on improving this.

Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. If you need anything else, please do not hesitate to contact me. It will be a pleasure to assist you.

Monica Palacios
(502) 2421-5151 ext. 199

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I appreciated the shuttle that picked me up at the airport. The hotel is old and it was crowded with a Church group... Waiting in line for an elevator could take up to 10 mins... Wifi never worked on my iPad, and all in all the place has nothing special.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Monicap1402, Reservations Manager at Radisson Hotel Guatemala City, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time share your experience.

We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future.

To discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact us, it will be a pleasure to serve you.

Mónica Palacios
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

This hotel is horrible. Some highlights

BAD

- A/C broken for two days. No discount or offer to "make it right" given to clients
- LOUD shower from room next door. Sounds like turbine engine.
- Hotel room doors don't shut properly because the security chain always gets in the way
- No swimming pool
- Breakfast is lackluster. Ten waiters walking around nobody can figure out that I need my coffee refilled
- Shower heads filled with hard water deposits, water jets go in 10 different directions

GOOD

- Can't think of any

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Monicap1402, Reservations Manager at Radisson Hotel Guatemala City, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us.

We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards. We undersatand how important a quiet environment is and apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the Breakfast. Our goal is to ensure we are offering fresh food and that each item is available for all of our guests.

Your feedback helps us prevent situations such as this in the future. We hope you will give us another chance if you are in Guatemala again.

If you would like to discuss your concern further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. It will be a pleasure to serve you.

Mónica Palacios
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We had a very good experience in the Radisson. It is very functional and quality of the food is high above average. Breakfast is really recommendable. My front desk experience was really pleasant and staff was trying to be as helpful as they could. Unfortunately no pool, just a hot tub.

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This Radisson is convenient to the airport - 10-15 min drive with traffic, you can watch the planes take off from the rooftop terrace.

The area, Zona Viva, has a few big hotels and plenty of restaurants, but is unfortunately considered unsafe for walking around, especially after dark - apparently, this is the prime location for evening drug wars, and people have been robbed at gunpoint within blocks of this property. Unfortunately, that is a function of Guatemala city - just don't go anywhere at night!

As for the hotel itself.. It is an older property, and it shows. Pretty much everything except the room furniture and bedding is really old, and feels kind of dirty. I had a large double room for myself, comfy soft bed and plenty of space, theoretically non-smoking - but it smelled like someone has been smoking there years ago, and the carpet and curtains still carry the smell. The shower/tub is spacious, but overall it has that old feel - tile grout darkened with age, occasional cracked tile, dings on the mirror frames, etc. New large TV though. Room safe did not work. Common areas have new furniture, but retain overall old feel.

The restaurant is not particularly exciting, but the food was good - both breakfast and dinner. Breakfast selection was basic but sufficient for most people (i.e. eggs to order, bacon/potatoes/beans, couple types of cereal, fruit, yogurt). Fried plantains are delicious...

The gym was quite good, lots of cardio machines, and the large hot tub on the roof was nice too.

Service-wise - I did not have any problems, on the contrary - all the personnel has been friendly and professional.

I'd stay here again for a short overnight stay, but if I need to spend 3 days again, I'd probably try Westin Camino Real nearby. You tend to spend so much time in your room in Guatemala city stays - it needs to be a bit nicer!

Ballantrae Ontario Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is an ideal hotel for those flying in or out of the city. Free shuttle. Breakfast included. Walking distance to some excellent restaurants. Relatively safe. Our suite was room 701 on the north side of the building. It had an excellent king bed with a Sony flat screen TV. The bathroom door would not close never mind lock. The dead bolt did not function at all. The hotel's air conditioning unit was right outside the sitting room window and is loud. There is no TV in the sitting room. I asked that repairs be made and was assured that they would be fixed while we went to dinner. Nothing was done. The hotel is not a 4 star. Three at best. Do not accept rooms on floors 5 through 9 on the north side as the noise from the air conditioning unit will be bothersome.

Room Tip: Rooms on floors 5-9 on the north side will be noisy due to the air conditioning unit. All rooms are...