“Nice hotel in good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Camino Real

You added Westin Camino Real to your Saves list
Westin Camino Real
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Camino Real 0-20, Guatemala City 01010, Guatemala   |
Ranked #20 of 48 Hotels in Guatemala City
San Francisco, California
“Nice hotel in good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

This hotel has a lovely lobby and nice rooms. Offers all the amenities of a typical Westin including the extremely comfortable Westin heavenly bed. Rooms are average size with a large bathroom. The front desk staff was professional, pleasant, and helpful. Location is good--in walking distance to a few boutiques and restaurants. Close to a mall with a small food court. The only negative I experienced at this hotel was the airport shuttle. There is a posted schedule for the shuttle--it runs every 30 minutes from the hotel to the airport. I came 10 minutes before the scheduled departure and waited 40 minutes and still there was no shuttle. Multiple times I was told by both to the front desk staff and the bellhop that the shuttle was 5 minutes away. Finally I insisted that the hotel pay for a taxi to take me to the airport. After a total of 50 minutes, the shuttle still had arrived. No explanation to why the shuttle never showed, but they did pay for the taxi ride to airport. Despite the shuttle mess, I would stay at this hotel again if I find myself in Guatemala City in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Ximena R, Manager at Westin Camino Real, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your time writting about our property, it is a very important source of information to know our guests experience through their feedback, your comments will help us to improve the high service in each of your visit. We are very sorry for your additional comment about the inconvenience with the shuttle, this case is not common on our property, it was already sent to the responsible department.

However excuse us on behalf of Westin staff for the inconvenience you experienced, any additional comment please feel free to let us know . We hope to see you soon in Westin Camino Real Guatemala.

Very truly yours,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Turkish first
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Good service, not too bad of a room, the executive lounge was just fine and had decent food served in the evening. I think my favorite part was the cinnamon tea that they served in the lobby in the morning... I know that seems trivial, but I was sick one of the days I was there, and it really soothed my troubled stomach. I will definitely stay here should I find myself on business in Guatemala again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Ximena R, Manager at Westin Camino Real, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

We hope to see you soon in Westin Camino Real Guatemala.

Very truly yours,
Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Really nice hotel with fantastic spacious rooms and an adequate pool. Location is a little out of the way but staff were extremely helpful. Hotel has live entertainment that we enjoyed and the food and beverage is reasonable value for money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Ximena R, Manager at Westin Camino Real, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for such a great comment, we are very glad to know how you felt during your stay, we really appreciate your views. We hope to see you again soon in Westin Camino Real Guatemala.

If you need something please feel free to let me know at coordinador_mercadeo@caminoreal.com.gt, sure I will help you gladly.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I always stayed at this hotel. It has very nice rooms, luxury bathrooms, with nice details, typical of Westin chain. The food in restaurant is international but they also offer local delicacies. The bar is a bit off the main area of the lobby and it is private could be good or not too god. The gym has everything and they even have a spinning class and a personal trainer. The swimming pool is nice and also works for laps. The business rooms are comfortable. The premium rooms are luxurious. The price is right in the upper range for Guatemala City, but cheaper for similar hotels in other cities of the world. The hotel is in excellent location, very safe and lively part of town, in walking distance to a nice restaurants and other hotels.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your great comments, we are very glad to know how you felt during your stay, we really appreciate your views. We hope to see you again soon in Westin Camino Real Guatemala.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great spa and gym on premises. Nice pool. Good food. Convenient location. Reception staff extremely friendly and helpful. Good shopping and restaurants within walking distance. I recommend this hotel for either business or pleasure.

Room Tip: pool view or mountain view
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your great comments, we are very glad to know how you felt during your stay. We hope to see you again soon in Westin Camino Real Guatemala.

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed here for two nights and in general it is a good bussiness hotel. I could only complain about the fact that they not offer taxi or hotel cars since that is a must for me. They offfer airport shuttle transportation which is convenient but at the time of needing a car to go somewhere else, they cannot charge the taxi or car to your hotel bill. There are different restaurants but since I stayed at the executive floor, I had snacks and breakfast included. The second morning the executive lounge was full so they send me to the restaurant downstairs which was even better. Water bottles that they put in the rooms are not free, not even in the executive floor rooms and not even for Starwood guests. Internet was constantly falling so you cannont really rely on a stable connection. Not so sure if it is like that in other Guatemala hotels but certainly the Westin could improve that.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Ximena R, Manager at Westin Camino Real, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for comment about our propertu, it is very important to receive such appreciation from our guests, this help us to improve every day. Any additional comment will be welcome.

We hope to see you soon again in Westin Camino Real Guatemala.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Overall very pleased with this hotel. Its the best that I have stayed in when in Guatemala city on business. Comfortable rooms although the bathroom is a bit squeezed. The food I had was very good there and not extortionately overpriced for a hotel. Super location only 10 mins from the airport.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor and this was a bit noisey as the aircon is loced right outside the windows...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Ximena R, Manager at Westin Camino Real, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Guest

We hope to see you soon again in Westin Camino Real Guatemala.

Regards,

Been to Westin Camino Real? Share your experiences!