“A Great Westin in a Great Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Camino Real

Save Saved
You added Westin Camino Real to your Saves list
Westin Camino Real
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Camino Real 0-20, Guatemala City 01010, Guatemala   |
Ranked #23 of 47 hotels in Guatemala City
Atlanta
“A Great Westin in a Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

The Camino Real is great hotel. The rooms were very large and well kept(meaning the hotel didn't look like it needed a renovation). The same can be said for the lobby, restaurant, and pool area. Also, the hotel staff were extremely courteous and friendly, but the best thing about the hotel was the location. Its close to some great restaurants and bars within walking distance. (I highly recommend Hacienda Real for great steaks and seafood). BTW, don't skip the breakfast which is excellent.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Ximena R, Manager at Westin Camino Real, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time it takes to share your comments about your experience during your stay, it is a very important source of information. We really appreciate a positive stroke that pushes us to keep a high standard personalized service toward our guests.

Any additional comment please feel free to let us know, we hope to see you soon again.

309 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

One of the most beautiful hotels! Renovated Concierge Level room, fast and efficient check in. Lovely pool area and lobby areas. Lots of hotel shops with a variety of local souvenirs. The most friendly and helpful Concierges! Vilma arranged my 2 private day tours; one to the colorful city of Antigua and the other to Picaya Volcano/Thermal Spa. Both were wonderful experiences of a lifetime! Monica swiftly checked me into my room and made sure I was more than comfortable. Carlos and Gabriel were always super friendly and very eager and ready to assist. Their breakfast offering and evening hor d'oeuvres were both beautifully displayed and very tasty. Chef Jamie even made me a "special chili relleno" dinner! I can't say enough about the wonderful, gracious, and kind employees I encountered at the Westin Camino Real! Alberto, at the front door, always greeted me with a smile and called me by name. They ALL made my stay more than memorable! Had the pleasure of staying for 4 nights and can't wait to return to this beautiful hotel!

• Stayed March 2013
Ximena R, Manager at Westin Camino Real, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Guest!!

Thank you for a great comment it always motivating to receive such appreciation from our guests, this help us to keep our high service standard. We really appreciate a positive stroke that pushes us to keep a high standard personalized service toward our guests.

I will take the liberty to put your comment in our info staff board as it always motivating to receive such appreciation form our guests.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I recently spent Holy Week at the Westin Camino Real. When I am in Guatemala City this is the only place I would stay. When I got to the airport the free shuttle was waiting for me, once you arrive at the hotel the doormen will take your luggage to the front desk for you and from there to your room. I have stayed there several times before and am always greeted by name. This time I had a room on the 5th floor which was recently renovated. The room was spacious and nicely appointed with a cabinet holding the flat screen tv, there's a rack for your suitcase, a desk with a chair and a side table with a chair as well as end tables on either side of the bed. You may read other reviews in which they mention the showers being open, in the remodeled bathroom there is a shower door so no problems with a wet floor and it's a wonderful rainfall shower head with an optional wand (see my photo). There is free internet access in the lobby and I had no connections problems. The lobby has new furniture since my last visit in November and is comfortable to sit in. The bottled water at the hotel cost $2.75 but if you exit the hotel and walk along the street to the left and go to the corner and cross the street just pass the Taco Inn there is a Super24 market where you can buy bottled water as well as other beverages including alcohol as well as snacks and various other items. It's completely safe in Zone 10. There are other shops and restaurants within walking distance. When I had checked out and was going to get the shuttle to the airport it had apparently just left so the front desk actually called the driver to come back around to get me so I didn't have to wait for the next shuttle. It was the other passengers on the shuttle who told me this.. As with many hotels it's the staff that seem to make a great difference. My thanks go out to Christian Mayen, the front desk manager, to Don Cesar, the hospitality manager who never fails to greet me when I am there and also to Jose Carlos at the front desk and especially to Ariel (Estuardo) for always having a smile, joke and kind word for me and tolerating my frequent requests. The next time I am in Guatemala City I can't imagine staying anyplace else.

Room Tip: IF you are going to Guatemala for Holy Week you will find that on Good Friday almost everything (sho...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Ximena R, Manager at Westin Camino Real, responded to this review, April 9, 2013

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Our 2 night stay at the Camino Real Westin was up to the expected international Westin standards. Our double room was comfortable and quiet and the staff was efficient and helpful. The free shuttle to the airport was nice to have as was the in-hotel ATM machine. The location is good to access all the Zona 10 options and not far from the public transit bus to Zona 1. For non-Spanish speakers, the staff speaks English. The taxi drivers all refer to the hotel as the Camino Real.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time of writing this review from our hotel. It´s a pleasant received nice comments which help us to keep our high service standard. Your compliments are really a positive stroke and push us to keep a high standard personalized service toward our guests.

Los Alamos, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This is really nice and comfortable hotel with the free airport transportation. It worth to pay extra for the breakfast on the top floor for elegant service and nice view.
I wish concierges were less aggressive to obtain the tip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Ximena R, Manager at Westin Camino Real, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time of writing this review from our hotel. We are very glad to receive this kind of comments about our hotel; we really appreciate a positive stroke that pushes us to keep a high standard personalized service toward our guests.

I will take the liberty to put your comment in our info staff board.

San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This hotel provides excellent service, ample rooms and fine dining. After traveling through the country side of Guatemala, this was a comforting place to spend a week. You will find shopping malls, restaurants and other interesting areas at walking distance. The service was number one, the food was excellent, and the shops within the hotel offer high quality merchandise at good prices. Nice pool and gym facilities. If you are going to the convention center, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms at high floors offer a good view of Guatemala city.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Rooms modern clean. Comfortable bed. A bit noisy with the city below. Staff was friendly. However, they made an error charging my credit card after the room had already been paid by our travel company.

Room Tip: Higher floors farther away from city noise. Probably quieter with a room on the back facing the pool...
Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time of writing this review from our hotel. It´s a pleasant received such amazing comments which help us to keep our high service standard. Your compliments are really a positive stroke and push us to keep a high standard personalized service toward our guests.

Very truly yours,

Been to Westin Camino Real? Share your experiences!