“Very Clean - Good Value Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Suites Guatemala City

You added Clarion Suites Guatemala City to your Saves list
Clarion Suites Guatemala City
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   14 Street 3-08 Zona 10, Guatemala City 01010, Guatemala   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #9 of 48 Hotels in Guatemala City
Austin, Texas
“Very Clean - Good Value Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

This hotel is superior. Staff and management run an excellent hotel. Price is a very good value. The hotel is conveniently located downtown Guatemala City, and is five minutes from/to the Guatemala Airport. Rooms are very spacious - very clean - lots of security throughout the complex. The restaurant is superior. I highly recommend anyone wanting a hotel near the airport to consider Clarion.

Room Tip: Restaurant is excellent - Great Staff - Great Front Desk Staff.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
ClarionSuites, Revenue Manager at Clarion Suites Guatemala City, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience in our hotel. We are glad that you had a pleasant stay and that you enjoy staying with us.

We will share your comments to our personnel.

Hope to see you soon.

Revenue Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Brockton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I was booked here for a business trip. My work was located 1 block away. My 2 room suite was comfortable and roomy. Good internet connection included in rate. Numerous dining options in the neighborhood. Zona 10 is full of shopping and dining options for tourists. Front desk staff speak English - perfect since I speak little Spanish.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ClarionSuites, Revenue Manager at Clarion Suites Guatemala City, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments and experience that you had in our hotel.

We are glad that you had a pleasant stay.

Hope to see you soon.

Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stayed in this hotel twice in September 2013. The suites are ample and well furnished. The restaurant has a limited menu but good food, well prepared. My complaint arises from a single incident which caused me to drop the rating one notch. I left a suitcase in storage during a short trip into the interior. When I returned, I handed the claim ticket to the bellhop who promised to deliver it to my room. After waiting 40 minutes, I went downstairs to inquire about my suitcase. The bellhop said he couldn't find the case and handed the claim check to a receptionist who gave it to another receptionist who was busy with a guest. After a long wait, this receptionist handed the ticket to yet another receptionist who came to me and inquired what it was that I wanted. The ticket was handed off to yet another person who disappeared for 15 minutes while another staff member tried to make small talk with me. Finally, more than an hour after I checked in, they produced my suitcase. This could have been an unusual situation but it was unpleasant and suggests a certain degree of disorganization and lack of accountability.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We would like to send our appologies for the inconvenience experience about your suitcase.

Your comments are very important for us, as this helps of to take action at the area that we need to improve.

We share your comment with our personnel at the Front Desk and be carefull about this situation.

Once again, thank you for your commment, and hope to see you soon.

Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Clarion Suites Guatemala is just the perfect hotel for a business trip. A charming environment in the breakfast hall, very good rooms and service.
The neighborhood has a lot of restaurants and places to go at night.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment, we are glad to know that we are enjoy staying with us.

Hope to see your soon.

San Salvador, San Salvador, El Salvador
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Checking in to the hotel was traumatic. We arrived in a vehicle and the drive into the underground parking was scary to say the least. Don´t bother parking your there if you´re driving a large SUV because it would be practically impossible to get out. The personel at the front desk were anything but helpful no smiles, no freindliness, just very cold. They never asked for my credit card to go on record so I had to pay cash for all my in-room meals.
The rooms are large but have outdated furniture and decor. The beds are ok but there was a slight smell of mildew in the room. The bathroom fixtures, faucets and towels are really, really old and worn out.
The breakfast area looks like King Kong´s hide out at Skull Island and the food is really sub standard. I would never stay at this hotel again unless I really had to.
The only con I can think of is location.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We send our appologies for all the inconveniences that you had during your stay in our hotel.

Let me inform you that we have another option to provide our guests when they comes with big vehicule, we provide access to the parking lots that we have next to our hotel. We will check this information with our personnel, as is important to give solution and avoid inconveniences.

We appreciate that you share your comments, as this helps us to take action where it corresponds. We will check our standars and service.

Thank you once again, and please give us the opportunity to serve you again.

Aldie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Consistently good service. Towels could do with an upgrade. Morning (5am) front desk crew not well informed as to messages left for airport pickup. Breakfast buffet is expensive if you don't want to pig out. Cheaper to order a la carte. Relatively safe area.

Room Tip: Rooms on south side are quieter i.e. Not on street side due to disco and casino noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
ClarionSuites, Revenue Manager at Clarion Suites Guatemala City, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to send your comments about your experience in our hotel and also for your recommendation.

We send our appologies about the message not provided at our front desk.

We hope that you visit us again.

revenuemanager@clarionguatemala.com
Panama City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here. It is close to all downtown business sites such as lawyers, banks, internet printer offices and restaurants for lunchtime meeting.

I had previously stayed at a Clarion somewhere else ( I cant remember where) and it was comparable and standard is high.

I was here for about 10 days and the owner even took us over to Antigua for dinner. Thats a very nice gesture. I believe the hotel has a presence in Antigua and I know for sure they have a very nice resort at or close to Puerto Barrios near Rio Dulce.

Room Tip: I cannot remember which are the best sides to have a room on but the ones facing the street are a l...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
ClarionSuites, Revenue Manager at Clarion Suites Guatemala City, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Tripadvisor.

We are glad that you enjoy your stay and also that like to spend time in Antigua.

Our hotel located in Puerto Barrios is Amatique Bay Resort & Marina, hope you have some time at the future to visit us.

revenuemanager@clarionguatemala.com

Been to Clarion Suites Guatemala City? Share your experiences!