“Enjoyed my stay” 5 of 5 stars

18calle 9-50 zona 13 Aurora II, Guatemala City 01013, Guatemala   |
Sipoo, Finland
“Enjoyed my stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Very nice hostel with good and clean rooms. The owner was really friendly and helpful. I stayed here for one night before my flight. It was quiet and peaceful, so I got a good night's sleep. I wish the breakfast had been a bit bigger though :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Business
Waterloo, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Our group of 9 stayed in 4 rooms at Casa del Angel over two nights, with a trip to Tikal in between. This hotel is in a safe area in Guatemala City very near the airport, and extremely convenient for overnight stays. The rooms are clean, comfortable and secure, with modern bathrooms and plenty of hot water, and the rates are extremely reasonable. Out host Janet made us very welcome and provided a delicious breakfast. Services such as transportation to the airport at a wide range of times, luggage storage while we were in Tikal, free and plentiful filtered water and a lovely common sitting area made our stay very pleasant. Many thanks Janet, we would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This is a perfect stay near the airport. The room we stayed in was lovely and the bathroom so clean and modern. Its in a secure area in Guatemala city. We were very well looked after and were even given some breakfast at 5:30 am before catching our flight.

We didn't see much of zona 13 and got a taxi into town, so can't comment on the area or meals, but they looked like they'd be good also.

I'd certainly recommend staying here for a comfortable, homely, clean and welcome stay near the airport.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hurst, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

During a recent visit to Guatemala, I stayed at the Hostal Casa del Angel in zona 13 of Guatemala City. I was looking for an economical hostal as opposed to a larger hotel and while there are many hostals in this area near the airport, I decided to give this place a try. I was very happy with my stay.
The hostal is located in a middle-class residential area (Aurora II) just a few minutes from the airport. The hostal offers free pick-up/drop-off at the airport. The neighborhood is quiet and safe, with security guards posted at the entrance to the community. The hostal itself is located in a private home and has 4 rooms. Breakfast is served in the morning between 7:00 and 9:00, rooms have cable TV and there is also free wifi available.
The hostal Casa del Angel is clean, comfortable and nicely decorated. My room was spacious, had a great bathroom with plenty of hot water and a comfortable queen-sized bed.
Most impressive was the proprietress, Ms. Janet Miller. Janet is kind, friendly and very accomodating. She was more than happy to help me with tips about getting around the city, maps, and booking day-trips for me with a local tourist organization. Janet even drove me to a local supermarket to buy some provisions for my stay. She was a pleasure to do business with.
Guate is a sprawling city and getting around can be a bit daunting. Janet booked a taxi to take me to the city center (44 Quetzales), which is probably the most efficient and safe way to travel around the city. For the more adventurous (yours truly) there is a city bus (#83) that stops just outside the exit of Aurora II and runs through the city to zona 4. The cost is 1 Quetzal. From there it's an easy walk to the Historic Center of the city.
Overall I was very happy with my stay at Casa del Angel and would highly recommend it for a one night stay or longer. I stayed 4 nights and was very well taken care of. It's proximity to the airport is perfect for anyone who has to overnight in the city on their way to other destinations.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hostal Casa del Angel? Share your experiences!