“Great hotel and great staff too” 4 of 5 stars

La Inmaculada Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   14 calle 7-88 zona 10, Guatemala City 01010, Guatemala   |
Ranked #1 of 47 Hotels in Guatemala City
Silver Spring, MD
“Great hotel and great staff too”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Stayed here for one night after a family wedding in GC. I was quite impressed with this small hotel and the staff were all very nice indeed. Very short walk from the hotel to the Oakland shopping mall, which is reasonably upscale. I went to the mall to use an ATM.

Access to wifi was tricky from room, which was not the closest room to the check-in area. Was not a big deal.

If visiting GC again I would stay here rather than one of the big chain hotels.

Room Tip: The coffee was a very good quality here, some care went into the preparation, worth trying/
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Enjoy the hotel on my trip to Guatemala City. Service, food, coffee and comfortable spaces gives my trip the best experiences. Room had a small but unique garden view. The best coffee i had. The waiter was very friendly and while my colleague was enjoying wine he give us a try from their new apple carpaccio recipe. I must say that although I am a vegetarian I could not help try this exquisite delicacy, Also I try in two times the capresse bruschette. Finally I just want to thank the staff kindness and attention. I recommend this hotel for 10. Thanks specially to nigth waiter and his chef.

Room Tip: "must choose the rooms with balcony to enjoy breakfast reveling in the garden"
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Antigua, Guatemala
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I know this hotel well and know the owner so truly dont' enjoy writing this review, however sometimes after you have been in business awhile the details that made you wonderful become ignored.
Granted, the hotel was busy and we wanted a quick getaway to what we had considered one of our favorite hotels in the city.
The bed linens were OLD...pitted...the bathroom not properly cleaned, the room so incredibly small we barely fit...(they do have larger rooms and by all means get one!)
The small room had none of the amenities of the other rooms which we did not know until we checked in. It was also street side and we had the pleasure of listening to someone banging on a metal door for literally hours and all of the gifts of traffic noise...be sure to ask for a room that is NOT on the street.
We asked for massages and were greeted by two very preoccupied therapists who put a hastily made massage table on either side of our beds meaning that they had to "Throw" the table, (with me on it), to even attempt to massage one side of my body...they conisstently kept answering their cell phones and at one point ripped off my husbands towel exposing parts that are usually kept draped. And, we had the pleasure of paying $115 dollars for that experience!
Lastly, we decided to stay in and "enjoy" the restaurant where the prices are crazy high for the service and food delivered. The waiter essentially was "disturbed" that people were actually eating there and after about 10 minutes of "warming him up" he finally remembered that clients are what makes a hotel successful.
I am honestly not sure I can recommend this hotel any more and as a hotel owner myself I truly am sad to see this. The original furnishing that was hip and lovely is now just tired and looking like someone stopped caring. Including the paper thin towels that have the "hilton" on the tags.
What happened?

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room NOT On the street and also avoid the $99 rooms...super small and zero amen...
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

This small, personal hotel (on a street full of high rise hotels) comes complete with cable TV, AC that works, balcony in room, huge walk-in shower, and wonderful staff which were happy to help book tours, not to mention the free airport shuttle! Breakfast was delicious. You can walk to many restaurants nearby, and even to a huge shopping mall, as this hotel is located right next to Zona Viva. There is a doorman/security guard at the front at all times, so safety was never a concern.

Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I stayed here two nights, one on my way in and the other on the way out of Guatemala.

The grounds are beautiful, and the business center is a great service. The rooms have a very European/modern feel, and are lovely in their decoration and very quiet. The outdoor courtyard is lovely, and tranquil.

The first time we stayed here, we got in around 9pm, had some dinner, and went straight to bed in order to catch a very early flight. Dinner was fantastic, we had pesto pasta, and steak--great wine also. Drank the water b/c the waiter said it was bottled and that must have been true b/c we were absolutely fine.

Morning breakfast packed for the airport was great. The coffee (latte) was incredible--I kept thinking about it afterwards because it was so delicious. They also included a croissant and a yogurt parfait. Only problem with the parfait was they forgot to include spoons.

Came back on our way back through Guatemala, and was excited to stay there again. Very happy we did, but the breakfast the next morning was a little disappointing. They were out of the disposable coffee cups, so we didn't get to take their wonderful coffee with us or any juice. I wish that they had just made the coffee to give a few sips before we left. The good news was they did remember the parfait spoons this time though--which was delicious.

Only about 10 minutes from the airport.

Would definitely stay there again!!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The unchanged bed sheets had a dozen hairs on them and the restaurant food was of very poor quality. I didn't want to venture out into the city late at night after I checked In so I ordered at the restaurant. After a couple bites into the bland burger I noticed a huge green mold spot on the bottom of the bun. I rarely send food back, but the fact the kitchen overlooked this made me wonder what else would be wrong. I sent it back and the server was surprised that "I didn't like it" after I showed him the mold. This an other comments showed the staff isn't well versed in customer service, but compared to the other service experiences I've had at other nice hotels in Guatemala, this hotel was excellent.

In all the hotel is very safe, quiet and very nice. They really try to provide great service and that counts.

Stayed July 2014
Diego E, General Manager at La Inmaculada Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
I would like to apologize for the bad experience you had at Inmaculada.
We will give your feedback to the the housekeeping, restaurant and kitchen staff to assure that this doesn´t happen ever again. We have in place daily shift check ups on room and kitchen standars and procedures; but surely something went wrong with you. Since I see you come often to Guatemala. I hope you give us a second chance; to prove that this was a slip up and not business as usual at La Inmaculada.
Best regards,
Dublin Éire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We stayed here for one night when we first arrived in guatemala city. Its an oasis in the city as described with rooms facing into a garden courtyard where u can sit and have a drink from the bar or eat breakfast. Its in a nice safe neighbourhood with museums bars and restaurants within walking distance. Breakfast is included and is delicious and substantial. They also provide a free shuttle service from the airport make sure to contact them to avail of this. Rooms were modern comfortable with all amenities like ac safe and iron and ours also had a lovely balcony.
My only negative comments would be that they offer a wake up call with the coffee of your choice which is a lovely idea except when they forget to wake you up at the time you asked.
Also we found it difficult to get clear information at reception about onward travel to antigua. It was the third receptionist we asked before we were offered a shuttle bus service straight from the hotel for $10 which was great but shame we weren't told it the first time as we wasted time trying to find an alternative way.
Overall would definitely recommend though as positives far outweighed the few negatives.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to La Inmaculada Hotel? Share your experiences!