“Favorite Hotel in all of Guatemala” 5 of 5 stars

La Inmaculada Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   14 calle 7-88 zona 10, Guatemala City 01010, Guatemala   |
Ranked #1 of 47 hotels in Guatemala City
New York City, New York
“Favorite Hotel in all of Guatemala”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We spent 10 days in Guatemala, passing through Guatemala City three times, staying at the Inmaculada each time. It is a lovely hotel with a friendly and helpful staff speaking decent English. The rooms, while not large, are very comfortable -- really up to North American standards. The breakfast, which was included, was very tasty and the food plentiful. The waiter, Luis, is a gem. The hotel staff helped us arrange transportation for a number of trips we took outside of Guatemala City, and the free transportation to and from the airport was helpful. I highly recommend this hotel. While Guatemala City is not much to write home about, the Inmaculada helped make our time there very pleasant.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

94 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
San Salvador, San Salvador, El Salvador
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

My last couple of hotel stays in Guatemala City have not been that great (you can read my reviews) so my experience at La Inmaculada felt exceptional. The hotel is small but has nice decor, comfortable beds, beautiful gardens, freindly and efficient staff and the room amenities are much better than most of the places I´ve stayed in Guatemala City. Wifi worked great and the breakfast was outstanding. One of the two nights at Inmaculada I had room service and the food was superb. Overall I would definately stay here again.
The only cons I can think of is parking space and access to the hotel when it is late at nigh, otherwise all other aspects are fine.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
New Providence Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

This hotel is well located, near the airport (we had a 5am flight), and near a number of great restaurants and the Oakland Mall. Comfortable room with stylish fittings, great pressure and hot water in the bathroom. Service at check in and check out was stellar. The restaurant was just okay, my wife had a steak which she loved and I had a 4oz Angus burger which was more like 4oz of cardboard. I also had a salad which seemed to made with tinned olives and tinned peaches - really average. After several days of traveling - you eat it anyway. We had a great bottle of wine which made up for the average burger and salad.

I have to mention the coffee - what a great cup of coffee. Even better when prepared and waiting for you just before your 3:30am departure from the hotel.

When in Guatemala City again, this will definitely be my home, I'll just opt to eat out.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 12 which was upstairs and really private.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Zürich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Spending two days in Guatemala City, it turned out an excellent choice for its location, friendly and helpful staff as well as some appreciated complementary services, such as airport pick-up and special coffee.

Room Tip: Room 14 - upstairs and spacious
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at this small boutique hotel last month. I was traveling by myself, and was quite nervous about being in Guatemala City. I arrived at the hotel at 10:00 am ,long before check-in time, however the staff on reception prepared a room for me right away at no extra charge. It was not the room I had reserved online, but it was still very nice. The rooms are not overly large, however they are very well appointed with high end furnishings and a fabulous bathroom. (women reading this will appreciate that !) I was feeling under the weather during my stay and I found the comfy beds with lots of extra pillows was just what I needed. The hotel staff were very accommodating, and gave me recommendations for shopping & restaurants within walking distance. I did venture out on my own during the day and felt perfectly safe in this part of town. I enjoyed a few absolutely delicious cappuccinos on the patio in the inner courtyard, as well as a fabulous pesto chicken dish for dinner . I even got to practice my limited Spanish with a charming young man in the dining room :-) If I return to Guatemala City, I am most certain I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Wonderful small hotel in "Zone 10" (said to be one of the few areas safe to walk in GC at all times of the day) which is a great alternative to the Westin or Intercontinental which are near by. Staff are generally nice and accomodating. Rooms very stylish - see my "tips" for room suggestion. Coffee is taken seriously and is seriously amazing - espresso shots, lattes, cappucinos, and americanos made with amazingly fresh and delicious Guatemalan coffee.

Room Tip: Rooms 01-04 are above the reception desk and the noise travels up the stairway through thin walls an...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a great true little boutique hotel in a good area and down the street from one of my favorite restaurants in GUA, Donde Mikel/ a 2 minute walk. The rooms are well appointed and comfortable and the staff is very nice and helpful. The bar/ restaurant is very small and not a place to hang out, atleast that's not the impression I got. I will definately be back and try a room in upper floor this time. I stayed in room 11 which was on bottom floor furthest away from lobby, which was ok. One small note. I was expecting to be overwhelmed with this hotel, but was not. That said, I did enjoy may stay very much and will definately be back. I have stayed at Biltmore and Tikal Futura before but will come back to La Inmaculada for the value (great rates/ service/ location/ staff.)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to La Inmaculada Hotel? Share your experiences!