“Nice boutique hotel with great service” 5 of 5 stars

La Inmaculada Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   14 calle 7-88 zona 10, Guatemala City 01010, Guatemala   |
Ranked #3 of 47 Hotels in Guatemala City
Hong Kong
“Nice boutique hotel with great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed 1 night in this hotel before going to Tikal. This hotel is in zona viva and is 4 blocks away from Westin Camino hotel and 3 blocks from Intercontinental hotel.

The entrance of the hotel is not very prominent but the security staff is very alert. He helped me with my luggage the minute I stepped off the taxi ( I moved from Westin to here). The check in was very smooth and I was offered free espresso coffee while I was waiting for my room.

I paid extra for staying in a king size bedroom on the upper floor. The room is spacious and nicely decorated. Plasma tv and small sitting area. Free wifi in room works great.

They have a small courtyard area for breakfast and also a small indoor restaurant seating with air con. Breakfast with eggs and their espresso coffee is quite good.

I was caught in the rain that afternoon when I was hiking up the volcano. The next morning, the housekeeping lady said that she could do my laundry in 2 hours! This is really out of my expectation and I was so happy that I do not have to carry the dirty jeans and t shirt all the way to Tikal. This is GOOD service!

I would definitely stay here again if I ever come back to Guatemala .

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This is a cute boutique hotel off the main area but near a great restaurant (donde mikel).
The staff was extremely helpful!
Our room was wonderful and bed was very comfortable.
The bathroom was well appointed too.

Room Tip: We had a room with a king bed.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
North Tustin, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Great location, close to the airport and friendly efficient service including the transfers both way from the airport. Breakfast and coffee were wonderful. We walked to great restaurants. Our room was quiet. We were on the ground floor. The patio and public areas are very inviting. We have already booked again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
West Linn, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This hotel can be your home away from home. It's small, charming and friendly. The courtyard is lovely is surrounded by 13 rooms. The rooms tend to be small but very comfortable. I slept very well there - the bed was hard but I woke up refreshed each morning.
The breakfast is very, very good as was dinner.
I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

After 1 week on business trip in El Salvador, I decided to pick a "boutique" style hotel for my Guatamala stay.
- Location is great: Walking distance from Shopping Center and Major Hotel Chains
Safe location
- Service is great: Free pick up from airport and drop off.
You need to go anywhere? no problem, they will call a taxi for you!!!
Breakfast is amazing, croissant very fresh, any coffee you want... fruit etc. . . truly great service
Love the outside patio area, nice green vegetation, water sound, very serene, zen like and relaxing....
- Accommodation: Very nice, state of the art, modern, comfortable, clean
Love the place, will definitely stay there again during my next trip to Guatemala.
I traveled the world and stay at all types of hotels, this is truly a GREAT 5*** Boutique Hotel.
Thank you for a wonderful experience!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
mexico city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Although my room was a bit small, the bathroom is beautiful and so is the view to the garden. The staff are super helpful and friendly. The neighborhood is safe and walkable. Get an inner room with a patio view.

• Stayed May 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

I choose this hotel because of the excellent reviews; the free airport pick up and the Internet.
Despite me advising my flight details, because my flight was delayed they pick up guy went home and there I had to call the hotel x 3 at midnight to get someone to pick me up. I was almost the last person waiting at the airport which wasn't reassuring. Neither was the fact the entrance was behing locked steel bars.
The check in process was swift and I pleasant. The room however was very very small and faced the front road. I was rudely awoken at 6am first by the sound of shoes on the wooden floors going down the stairs and then by the road noise. When I mentioned this the reception staff didn't seem surprised and despite being told another room was available I was later told the move hadn't been sanctioned my management.
The breakfast selection was very anaemic and the fruit selection wasn't replenished readily. Other choices were eggs, bread and cereal only.
The hotel was on the edge of Zona viva and within walking distance to Oakland mall via a broken pathway.
The noise issues didn't go away for the 3 nights I spent there which was annoying. The room was very dark in the day, so I had to work downstairs in the lobby. I ate in the restaurant which was good.
Despite me booking my return to the airport at 5am the bus driver didn't arrive until 5:35am. There was no receptionist for check out so I was left with a large amount of local currency. Not sure whether this was a one off though. The Internet was good and speedy.
Positives: Internet and pick up
Negatives: small dark and very noisy room ( number 5)
Overall: wouldn't stay again. Would choose bigger hotel chain.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to La Inmaculada Hotel? Share your experiences!