“Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 47 hotels in Guatemala City
San Luis Obispo
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

A group of 8 of us stayed here 2 nights prior to a road trip to Copan and Tikal, and then 1 night on our return before flying home. The hotel is as good as the reviews. Only negatives are 2 rooms on the street are noisey and some rooms are small. The furnishings are lovely, the breakfast is delicious, and the service is outstanding. There is a super market a short walk away for any items you might want. We bought a case of decent wine to take with us in the van and some other things we needed. I wish I could stay in such a nice hotel everywhere I go. All of the staff are pleasant, helpful, speak English, and bend over backwards to please you. You will not regret your stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

102 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Vancouver,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

With airport shuttle and location a safe couple of blocks from Hacienda Real restaurant (#2) and a short walk to Museo Ixchel del Traje Indigena this is a great spot for a night or two before or after catching a flight. The only note of caution is that the ´´queen´bed is small more like a double so consider the king bed or two bed choices. Staff extremely helpful. Handy computer room to do research and print maps etc.

Room Tip: 2nd floor more private
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Close to walk to the best area for restaurants, but far enough off the main road to be nice and quiet. We arrived too early (10am) but were invited in and treated to a wonderful cappucino while we waited for our room to be prepared. It was clean and new with wonderful LaÒccitane bath products.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I agree with all of the other reviews here about the facilities modern sleek ambience, comfortable beds and soft linens, and great hospitality. Luis in the restaurant catered to our every need and greeted us with a smile every morning.

But what went above and beyond service was on my last night, I experienced terrible, debilitating abd cramps and pain which made me miss my early am flight. As a physician I wanted to avoid the local emergency room not knowing what to expect. The front desk person offered a complimentary shuttle to the er and then later found a doctor to come and do a house call at 5am in the morning.

He gave me a shot and I felt immediately better and relieved to have avoided the hospital. When we asked how much we owed the hotel refused to charge us for the physician/ paramedic visit, or the medications and fluids they had provided me. It made a very dark moment so much better and left me filled with gratitude and thankfulness.

I will definitely go there again any time I'm in guatemala city. Thank you La Inmaculada staff, you really made my trip and looked after me when I needed it most.

Room Tip: Room two has some extra stairs up to the bed, if you're older might be challenging to maneuver i...
Tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Like many, I was very concerned about safety in Guatemala City, as I was traveling alone... I almost considered a business class high rise hotel just for that reason-but I just couldn't bring myself to book one, I really don't like them. But thanks to Trip Advisor, I found Hotel Inmacculada,and I would not hesitate to recommend to to anyone..I stayed 2 nights at the start of a 3+ week trip and it was more than a perfect introduction to Guatemala and its people.
It started with the very prompt email replies which I received to my queries. Then I was promptly picked up at the airport ( a free service) and driven to the hotel.
I felt comfortable immediately. You enter through a high iron gate which is locked at night. There is a doorman/guard at the gate during the day, not threatening looking but comforting. The hotel is small and built around a small open air courtyard.with lovely and cooling greenery, with a table to sit if you wish.Off that patio is the very striking and modern restaurant/bar/ breakfast room .It is small and intimate fitting the hotel.It is beautifully decorated in modern style (reds, grays,with flashes of silver in the hanging lights). The front of the restaurant is completely open to the patio, which was lovely. You could sit in the restaurant in comfort but still enjoy being outside.Especially nice since I had little desire to be wandering around Guatemala City by myself at night.
Most of the room are placed around this courtyard. I had booked one of their smaller rooms (I was alone) It was was not on the patio but had nice light coming in from a large window.(draped beautifully) .While the room was small, just room for a queen bed and two bedside tables on one wall, it had a long credenza against the other wall. with a desk,TV and room for your suitcase.The rather large closet (with safe of course) was down one step, as was the very adequately sized bathroom with fully tiled walk in rain shower and lovely amenities..The room was visually stunning, well planned and thought out, as well as very comfortable.The beds were very comfortable (good mattresses) with high quality sheets and pillows. And bonus, the lighting was very good, enough for reading by old eyes.I slept well.
The food at breakfast was very good, fruit, cheese, croissants etc at breakfast as well as eggs cooked to order.And lunch was also very good.The coffee was also excellent, as was the capuchino. I especially enjoyed sitting in the restaurant/ bar the second evening having a glass of wine and reading my book.. Oh- and this is how well planned the hotel is- under the banquett seating in the restaurant they installed plugs for your (too many) appliances. As I was having trouble with the batteries in my phone, this was well appreciated. There is free WIFI throughout.. I could not get a signal in my room, but I discovered that if i opened the door I could,so it was no problem whatsoever.
The staff, from the receptionists to my lovely waiter at breakfast to the guard, were exceptional. Friendly, helpful, accommodating,charming. .And of course because it is such a small hotel, they remember you and your preferences..They arranged a car and driver for me to go to the museums, a service very easily arranged through them at very reasonable prices.
So what I would say is Bravo to all those at the Inmaculada. .A job very well done.

Room Tip: I might suggest booking one of the larger rooms facing the charming patio.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Just came back from spending 2 nights at La Inmaculada for business. The location was excellent to attend all my meetings, the room itself was great, the breakfast area superb, the wifi speed fantastic, free shuttle back to the airport.. there is no reason why I would not stay here again. Great job everybody at La Inmaculada.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Antigua, Guatemala
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

As the owner of a boutique hotel at Lake Atitlan I was beyond delighted to finally discover a great and honest to goodness boutique hotel in Guatemala City. My husband and I needed a place for a few days to do some shopping and medical visits and our stay was perfect. Great service, attentive staff, lovely dining, the works. For sure stay here. This is a winner!

Room Tip: All the rooms are truly lovely however we enjoyed staying in the back part of the hotel to avoid any...
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to La Inmaculada Hotel? Share your experiences!