“Highly Recommended” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 38 Guatemala City B&B and Inns
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

We stayed one night. The welcome was super friendly and accommodating. We had arrived late but the chef fixed a delicious meal for after the kitchen had closed. Clean, comfortable rooms, fair rates, and a prompt ride to the airport at a very early hour. The people couldn't be nicer!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Antigua, Guatemala
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Great place, great people! Very clean, absolutely safe and the owners were more than willing to help out with all our questions travelling around Guatemala. I can definitively recommend this place to all travellers, even families (we were travelling with our kids, 9-11yrs). Ideal location near the airport or (in our case) as a stop in between two Hedman Alas bus trips, through the country!

• Stayed July 2014
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Stayed here several times whilst doing some research in Guatemala. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The team are very friendly and helpful. The food is brilliant, with an excellent chef on site. Overall a brilliant stay, made some wonderful friends, and would love to return again soon!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

We stayed at Dos Lunas twice - once when we first arrived into Guatemala by plane and again at the end of our stay in Guatemala.

The staff at Dos Lunas are fantastic and really made our arrival into Central America a smooth and welcoming one.

The guesthouse is located really close to the airport (just a couple minutes drive) in a gated community, so it feels very safe. Naturally, you can hear the planes taking off but Guatemala City airport isn't busy - we heard maybe two or three planes on total. There isn't much around this part of town though so you would need to catch a taxi if you wanted to explore. We were there in transit so just needed a shower and place to rest our heads. If you arrive in the evening and are in need of some food, the staff will happily order you a delivery.

On our first stay we had to leave at 6am to catch a bus to Xela, which Dos Lunas had arranged for us. Claudia was up before dawn to prepare our breakfast, which consisted of two massive pancakes with maple syrup and a coffee. The wonderful victor then took us to the bus station, purchased our tickets and made sure we were set for our trip.

We had a similar experience on our second stay, both Claudia and Victor were so helpful and helped us make arrangements for our onwards travel.

We stayed in two different rooms, one with private bathroom and one with a shared bathroom. It really didn't make much difference as the bathrooms are only shared between two rooms and are located right next to the bedrooms.

I would definitely return to Dos Lunas if I'm in Guatemala City again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We stayed at Dos Lunas for 2 nights, a night on our arrival and another night before our departure from Guatemala City. Lorena is a great host and we had a good time chatting with her. The B&B is located at a 10 minutes drive from the airport in a private community. Airport pick-up and drop-off is included in the room rate. The rooms are clean and breakfast is included in the package. You can order dinner separately and we enjoyed the pasta we ordered one night. I will definitely stay here again if I am back in the city.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Rolling Meadows, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

We stayed here for one night in March. We arrived late at about 8pm and were greeted by the owner. She was very friendly and funny. The location is awesome with it being so close to the airport. The free transportation to the airport is great (it starts at 4:30 am). It is a very safe area and the rooms are spacious and clean. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Banff
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

I had two 6am flights so I stayed here for two nights, one at the beginning and one at the end of my trip. My emails were responded to with relative quickness and the bookings were made easily. The big selling point of this place is the location close to the airport and the free and friendly Victor ride to and from. For a Guatemalan standard budget accom, I found the sheets whiter and the general cleanliness higher than usual. Lorena is a knowledgeable and brilliant host. I'd like to note that it took me 45 minutes to walk from the Zoo/Aritsan market/Archeology museum area of the city to this gated community property after I arrived early on my last day in Guatemala. Otherwise, I saw nothing else of the city. The walk was past the airport, fairly direct and enjoyable. Lorena gave me the recommendation of a 'Guatemalan upmarket' steakhouse in the artisan market which supplied me with the best yet worth it $$$ lunch I had in the country. It was called Don Emiliano's. I would stay here again if I ever had early airport requirements in Guate.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Been to Dos Lunas? Share your experiences!