“Close to museums and airport, noise on weekends, cold shower” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Dai Nonni Hotel

You added Dai Nonni Hotel to your Saves list
Dai Nonni Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Av. "A" 5-30 zona 13, Guatemala City 01013, Guatemala   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #4 of 48 Hotels in Guatemala City
Southbury, Connecticut
“Close to museums and airport, noise on weekends, cold shower”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

Airport pickup was smooth and secure, given an apple juice welcome drink. Shared a room with two twin beds with my pre-teen son for one Saturday night. Beds hard but bedding, room, and bathroom clean, albeit with thin scratchy towels. We walked to excellent nearby Children's museum, Art museum, and Natural History museum in the afternoon, and took a taxi back in the evening. After we returned from our museum adventure to bathe and dress for dinner, son's shower was cold. When I asked the person at the desk why it was not hot, I was informed the hot water heater gets turned OFF every night. This is ridiculous, it should be on whenever guests are staying. :-( Make sure you ask them to turn it on 20 minutes BEFORE you want to take a hot shower. Lobby pc unusable, infected with viruses. Ate sushi at nearby Japanese restaurant. Hotel staff was unaware of this restaurant, and advised us NOT to walk to eat at 8pm, although it was less than half a block away. We were in the taxi fewer than 2 mins total. After dinner, we ran back around the corner to the hotel, staying in the middle of the lighted street, until we reached the hotel gate, rang the bell and were let in. Left too early for the included breakfast, but staff prepared a sack lunch, cheese sandwich, apple, crackers for us to carry to airport. That said, however all of those positives were outweighed by the TERRIBLE NOISE from the nearby disco which blasted through the place, unrelenting until it was nearly time for us to get up to go to the airport. Some other guests returned very late and were very loud in the hallway and through the doors. The music's driving bass and beat were so loud from half a block away that it penetrated even earplugs and my pillow over my head. Maybe it is ok on a weeknight, but I would rate this place unacceptable for any weekend stay if this goes on every Friday and Saturday night. Taxi to the airport that the staff arranged arrived on time, and ride to airport was fewer than 10 minutes at dawn

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
abuelitos, Gerente at Dai Nonni Hotel, responded to this review, December 16, 2011
Dear Guest: Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. We very much regret the inconvenience you had. Of course, each comment will be taken into account to improve service and meet the expectations of our guests.
Again, thank you very much, greetings to you and your child.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

The room was comfortable and the service was excellent. This was a perfect place for a layover night before flying to Flores. They arranged a number of reputable cabs for us and the location is perfect for seeing anything that is safe to see in Guatemala City. This was the only hotel of 5 we stayed in that had free internet. The gardens in back are pretty and the patio is a comfortable place to read and relax. This is a great mid range hotel.

Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

I had a great experience at DAI NONNI. All the staff was super attentive and was a pleasure to speak to. The hotel is extremely cozy and clean! Very closed to the airport if you are flying out early in the morning.
Recomended.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

This wonderful B&B is an oasis among the hustle and bustle of Guatemala City. The rooms are very large, comfortable, clean and no bugs! The staff will treat you like family. I highly recommend this hotel.

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

Dai Nonni offers everything I hope for in a hotel: it is clean, comfortable, quiet, affordable and in an excellent location!! I felt safe and totally comfortable. Also, the staff is friendly and attentive. Our room was spacious, with a high ceiling, large closet, desk, and plenty of space to move around in; beds firm. The bathroom was sparkling with a deep tile tub, hot shower, plenty of counter space. Wifi with strong signal even in the room. There are dining areas both inside and in a covered patio-garden out back. The coffee is excellent. We were offered dinner - a delicious Guatemalan plato típico - and we were totally glad that we decided to "eat in". Vilma was patient and helpful with our many questions about how to get around the city, and we discovered that a 2-block walk put us right on the main boulevard dividing zones 9 and 10: thus it was a perfect location from which to go out exploring on foot. The staff arranged for our early-morning transport to the airport and we were there within 15 minutes tops. I recommend the Dai Nonni without reservation and I can say that we will certainly stay there again whenever we have the chance.

Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

I stayed at Hotel Dai Nonni for just over a month, doing archival research in Guatemala City. The location in Zona 13 is close to the airport and only a 15 minute taxi ride (roughly $5) into Zona 1. Zona 13 is very safe and slightly residential.

My room was extremely clean, comfortable, and well appointed. The bathroom was spotless. My room was separated from the main house and included a mini fridge and microwave, giving me more privacy and self-sufficiency on a long stay. I believe it's the only room (out of 7) with the fridge and microwave, but there is a communal microwave for all guests in the kitchen area. The entire hotel is equipped with wifi and it's pretty fast and they also have a computer for guests to use if you don't have your own. I needed to use their printer a few times, which they allowed, but I don't think they technically offer a business center. There's a fax machine on site that they'd probably let you use if you ask them. There's TV with plenty of channels and a safe in each room.

Comfortable lounging spots and an open air dining room overlook a beautifully kept garden. The hotel is steps from many restaurants, but most are fast food. If you want to head to Zona 10 for fancy eating, it's minutes away by cab. Breakfast is included, with 2 options, both of which are very tasty. They also offer dinner for $5. The nightly menu was always different, always good, and always had more food than I could eat.

The staff were extremely helpful, friendly, and welcoming. Couldn't have asked for more.

Because I was staying for over a month, I got a discounted rate on my room that was even lower than the rates list on their website. Definitely email to ask for prices. In fact, I paid less for this place than I would have for a private room in a not-terrible youth hostel in Zona 1 without any of the extras like wifi, breakfast, or a safe. Again, that's because I was here for a month. If you're only in town for a week or less, it'll be more expensive, but still very much worth the price.

The only drawback was that the neighbourhood gets very noisy on Friday and Saturday nights. I think the hotel is close to a nightclub. It didn't go on too long into the evening, and perhaps it was only loud because my room was in the back and not the main house.

I will definitely be coming back for another extended stay.

Room Tip: Ask for room 7 if you want the mini fridge and microwave.