“Very nice decor, service, and proximity to the airport” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Casa Santorini
7 Av A | 17-17 Zona 13 Colonia Aurora 1, Guatemala City 01013, Guatemala   |
Ranked #14 of 38 Guatemala City B&B and Inns
San Pedro Sula
“Very nice decor, service, and proximity to the airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Hotel is incredibly close to the airport, which is a great bonus. I arrived about an hour late at night and did not follow any of the arrival procedures, but was still welcomed warmly by owner. Both owner and owner's mother were incredibly kind, helpful, and welcoming. Housekeeper girls were also great. Hotel looked great inside, and room was quite comfortable. Only complaint really was that shower was cold, and also flooded. I did not bring this up to the owner, however, so it cannot be used as a real complaint. Overall this is a very nice place to stay at, especially if arriving or leaving from the airport.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Guatemala City, Guatemala
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

great place. very close the airport with super friendly staff. english speaking owner jorge is extremely helpful and organised taxis for early hours of departure and had a wide knowledge of busses to other guatemalan destinations. rooms are clean and comfortable and there is a great view from the rooftop balcony. the prices are very affordable and the delicious home cooked meals are not to be missed. highly reccomended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

I always stay here when flying out. The hotel is quiet, clean, the staff is friendly. The rooms are nice, and there is a rooftop balcony. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: the private rooms are nice!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

I was there early Nov 2009 (not in Feb 2011!!) for an overnight stay. I was there with a large group (40+) and the hotelier accommodated us after some negotiation on price and availability.

There are large rooms with triple decker bunks, or private rooms with tv, washroom, and anywhere from 1-3 beds. I can't recall if there was a/c.

The owner (his name escapes me) was very friendly and spoke just enough english to make things work. There was wifi, although I can't recall if I had to pay. If I did, it was no more than $1/hour, like it was in most of Guatemala.

Location wasn't really much of a concern since we were there only for the hour, but it wasn't very far from the TICA bus station.

The roof deck with hammocks is a nice touch if it's not too hot to be outside (like early evenings).

Room Tip: Bathrooms are in a shared hallway on the 2nd floor, so if that bothers you, choose rooms at the back...
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

The hostel is close to the airport. If you take a taxi from the bus station, be aware that it will cost you around ten dollars. The hotel is very nice though. It is great value and the owners are extremely nice. They would do anything to make my stay comfortable and gave me great advices for my travels in Guatemala. I enjoyed the stay and would recommend Casa Santorini.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

Fast WiFi and delicious food. I recommend the chicken sandwich. Spent a couple hours each day (of a 4-day stay) exploring the surrounding neighborhoods on foot and felt perfectly safe, even at night. While checking out I said I was planning to walk to the airport but instead the manager offered to drive me. All in all a lovely place to stay and a very fair price.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Guatemala City, Guatemala
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

I really enjoyed my stay in Casa Santorini. Someone complained about cold showers but that is not true, in the hotel room that we took, the water was hot. The size of the hotel rooms are not small, they are normal and very comfortable even with two beds (one small and one queen). The washroom is big too.

In that hotel, they also have a hostel, and in the hostel the rooms are different but that is normal since it is a hostel. However the hotel rooms are comfortable. The bed sheets are great and comfortable. We once asked them to clean them and not only did they clean them but gave us different ones that looked very good. They clean very well our rooms every day.

The breakfast in the morning is our choice, they prepare it for us and serve it to us, it is very good. (And it comes with free breakfast). The price was great for us because we could not find another hotel which offered free breakfast and free shuttle service to the airport, free Wi-fi (wireless internet) along with free use of the computers, and free water. (There is also a main fridge where we can put our food for the next days, and also a microwave and a coffee maker).

The staff is very friendly and served us very well. The owner speaks English so that was positive for us.

It's near to the airport so it is very suitable for a traveler. I did have a car so I parked it safely in their garage.

• Stayed November 2010

Been to Hotel Casa Santorini? Share your experiences!