“Like being in the comfort of your own home” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hostel Las Orquideas

Hostel Las Orquideas
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Guatemala City
Hostel Las Orquideas
10 calle 0-32 zona 14, Guatemala City 01014, Guatemala   |
Ranked #18 of 34 Guatemala City B&B and Inns
Riverside, California
“Like being in the comfort of your own home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

The place is very clean and with very attentive people at your service. They make you feel welcome and make you as comfortable as being in your own home. I traveled with my one year old son and my five year old daughter and I had no problems what so ever. They showed love and attention to my children and there was no complaint of them at all. I do have good children though. I'm from Guatemala,but definitely I would not hesitate to go back and stay there again. The rooms are very spacious and it has a beautiful terrace and a beautiful garden. The cleaning is done daily and you get a continental breakfast too.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Fontana, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2010

Hello, mi name is Victoria. Me and my family had the opportunity to stay at Las orquideas for 9 days. After many years of not visiting my city. We found it like home. the staff was incredible. They treat us like family. I will miss them. And if I ever go back I will stay there again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

LAS Orquideas is well situated in a nice residential part of Guate,easy access to business and shopping surrounding districts you feel at home, Cristina is a wonderful ,kind and helpful hostess,who speaks french and english and does everything to help you without being intrusive,there is internet access ,kitchen to prepare a light MEAL ,or you can ask the chef to prepare you a meal for a very reasonable price, an d enjoy it in the garden it is excellent value for money too,,l i was so happy to discover LAS ORQUIDEAS .after many trips in Guatemala city.by the way if you are sick in guate I recommend Centro Medico good private clinic.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Belize
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

This hotel was the perfect getaway for me and my husband, if you are looking for a quiet place to relax this is the place its a 20 min drive from the airport and a 15 mins drive from the malls, fast food is available with in walking distance and great dining is available 10 minutes away. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel as management (Ann Christina) made our two weeks stay in Guatemala City wonderful. Thanks Again

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

We happened upon this clean, lovely, cozy place. Ana Christina was fabulolous, kind, helpful, and knowledgable. You can have made to order dinner for $5 and breakfast in the morning! Definately stay here again!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2010

Two friends and I recently stayed at Hostel Las Orquideas, only a few minutes from the airport. Ana Cristina, the owner, kindly picked us up and brought us to her clean and convenient hostel. We had a triple room, which was spacious and had wonderful-smelling sheets! Her assistant, Rolando, made us yummy breakfasts and reasonably priced dinners, too. We used the hostel as a landing place between trips to Peten to see the ruins and Antigua as well as for the first and last night of our stay, due to the proximity of the airport, a mere 50 quetzales cab ride away. The only downside is that the hostel is only a block from a busy avenue, so traffic can be heard at all hours. If you want a quiet place, stay far from this bustling city. Don't miss the archeological museum, only a few minutes away, too.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Maryland, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2010

As soon as I heard that Ana Cristina, former manager at Xamanek, had started her own place, I knew it would be great. I always need some easy going place that is somewhat near the Guate airport to rest up after a Peten jungle trip. and this certainly fits the bill.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Hostel Las Orquideas? Share your experiences!