“Fantastic hospitality” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 33 Guatemala City B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“Fantastic hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Having recently stayed at Patricia's hotel after losing my passport it was exactly what I needed in every way a lovely Guatemalan family run this hotel they a sooo friendly helpful and are happy to help you with anything you need they make everything easy for you and go out of there way to give you the best service possible they b&b is located right near the airport in a secure gated compound and they offer transfers around the city too breakfast is decent fruit toast coffee etc the rooms are b&b standard comfortable and clean Thanks for an awesome stay

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
San Pedro La Laguna, Guatemala
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Upon leaving Patricia's Bed and Breakfast be sure to confirm the price of transportation when payment has to be made at the other end. The price from Guatemala City to San Pedro La Laguna is 125 quetzales NOT 250 Quetzales !!!! I spoke with this owner and he told me that he had actually quoted $30.00 which he certainly did not. I use Quetzales not US dollars.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room with a window.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Whitefish, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Patricia's is located in a very secure, quiet neighborhood close to the airport. The staff is incredibly friendly and willing to help you with any questions/problems. They offer a shuttle service to and from the airport and/or bus stations. Rooms are nothing fancy, but very comfortable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

I've been here twice now! Cheap, clean (!) and safe accomodation for Guatemala City. Perfect place for a stopover (I was just traveling through). English and spanish speaking. They'll pick you up at the airport and get you back again.
Nothing much to do there really. But wifi, comfortable beds and a little garden is very welcomming, so is the family! Would definently stay there agian!
Contactinfo: info@patriciashotel.com

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Port Republic, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

My friend and I spent spring break studying Spanish in Guatemala. Celas Maya, a Spanish School in Xela arranged transportation to and from the Guatemala City Airport and lodging at Patricia's B&B. Both Alberto and Patricia were waiting for us at the airport when we arrived from the States and quickly whisked us away to their gated middle class neighborhood and their pleasant B&B. Our room was small and clean. The shared bathroom had a hot shower. The colorful garden/patio area was a quiet, shady refuge, a perfect place to relax. Breakfast was coffee, fresh fruit and toast shared family style on the patio. The B&B is close to the airport so every now and then you can hear a jet whoosh overhead. If you are a light sleeper, you might want to bring earplugs, although the jet noise stopped around 9 or 10pm and didn't start again until 6am. I plan to return to Guatemala within the year and bring my husband. I definitely plan to stay at Patricia's B&B. The hosts are so warm and friendly. You can't beat the pick up and drop off service from the airport.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Greenfield, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

I was traveling from the airport in Guatemala City by bus to Xela, Guatemala, to attend a Spanish school. My school had arranged transportation through Patricia's to get me from the airport to the bus station. However, my plane was delayed, and I was too late to take the bus that day. Patricia was very helpful because she came to pick me up at the airport, even though it was later than expected. Since I couldn't leave that day, she brought me to the bed and breakfast until I could leave the next day. I really appreciated the wireless internet so I could contact my host family, school, and family back in the U.S.

Room Tip: Because this hotel is close to the airport, there was lots of noise from planes taking off. All of t...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2009

Patricia's Guest House - B&B was mentioned in Lonely Planet. There was no website, so we were a little worried about making a reservation, but were in a pinch.

The staff was SUPER friendly and very accommodating. We flew in from Flores to the TAG hanger and they picked us up there (15Q) and waited for what seemed like forever as the TAG employees tried to find the bags we'd left in storage before our flight to Flores... this is after a 1.5 hr delay in the plane. We felt bad, but the brothers (?) were patient and helpful.

The home is in a gated community. I think they said they have 5 rooms for rent, with shared bathrooms (2 were in our hall... ours and one other, and we shared one bathroom). They had both double beds and twins (we stayed in 2 twins) available.

The sheets on the bed were thin and there was only cold water available, but for 210Q, what do you expect?

We had a spider in our room that made us nervous and one of the brothers (?) did what he could to kill it for us.

They have internet available... the first 30 min. was free, and that's all we needed, so I'm not sure how much they charged after that.

It is VERY close to the airport, and if you are a light sleeper, you will hear the planes overhead (luckily, not my problem!) Also, they have a dog in the house (it didn't come to our "hall" but might be important if someone has allergies).

In the morning they served fresh fruit, toast and coffee out on the patio and then drove us to the airport (no charge as it's about 2 min. away).

It's a no-frill, convenient to the airport location with really friendly hosts. If you are on a budget (210Q was approx. $25), this is a great option!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Patricia's Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!