“Nice Hotel in Americus” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Americus
McDonough, United States
“Nice Hotel in Americus”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The Hampton in Americus was very nice. The bed was comfortable, the room was quiet, and the facility smelled nice. I had reservations so checking in was a breeze...I showed my ID and credit card and in seconds I had my key. There was a minor issue in the room...the globe around the light fixture in my room fell down, I reported it, and staff promptly came and fixed it. I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Columbia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

By comparison to most hotels in the Area, it's probably as good as you're going to get. Americus, GA is not exactly bustling with high-class, jet-set clientele. Room was fairly clean. Breakfast was the average quick fix fare for the hotel chains these days. Otherwise unremarkable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Phenix City, Al, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Faulty pool lighting causes severe electrical shock to swimmers. Don't be in the pool when the underwater lights come on or you'll be sorry. You'll get very little sympathy from the hotel staff. The lobby is a hangout for the hotel staff and their friends.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jonic64, Director of Operations at Hampton Inn Americus, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Mr. Joel H., when I read your Trip Advisor, I realize that this was said due to the issue that we had with the pool. As of yesterday 6-30-13, that issue has been resolved and the pool is now open. I apologize for any inconvience that this issue may have caused, but we really do strive to have everything in good repair and in good working order. Some times that is not the case, but with this one we worked quickly and diligently to order the parts, and get it repaired.
Thank you for your patronage and we hope that you will come stay with us again.

Jon Nichols
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

My stay here was good and made me happy to call my home for the week, while on Vacation here to visit friends.If theres one thing I've learned on my many stays away from home is its nice to stay with friends but always much better to have your own space to do what you want when you want. There are a few things I didn't like but I know you can't have everything.first of all I would I prefer a guest laundry so that I can wash my clothes while away on vacation at a hotel.I couldn't locate one in the area.Second, Ice maker didn't work on our floor and needs to be fixed.third, as to the price for the stay per night.I thought it was a little high considering you only have two options for rooms and that was either two Queen beds or one king bed. No suites or junior suites for people who spend a little more time in their room.Living space make the stay more relaxing.

• Stayed May 2013
Jonic64, Director of Operations at Hampton Inn Americus, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. While we need to do our part such as making sure ice machine is working, some things are just the way they are going to be such as the room situation. We are renovating the lobby at this time to give a newer look. We hope that the next time you are in Americus, you will stay with us again.

Jon
Newnan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We were disappointed with the room lighting. It was not sufficient nor attractive and should be replaced. The facility is very nice and convient for tourist. The facility is starting to need some renovation since it's starting to show it's age. (Carpeting is really showing wear).

Near Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We are partial to Hampton Inns and one of the primary reasons is the helpfullness of the staff. This one was no exception. The hotel was clean and pleasant and the complimentary breakfast was very good. The room was nicely laid out including a microwave and fridge. We had no complaints about the hotel itself.

We especially wanted to single out the helpful and cheerful attitude of the staff, particularly HAYDEN who checked us in. We smelled the welcoming odor of cookies when we arrived, and Hayden said that there were none left due to a large group that had already gone through several batches. Hayden was good enough to make another small batch for us which made the perfect ending to our very long day. It is cheerful service such as this that will keep us coming back to Hamptons in the future.

The hotel was quiet, the rate was right, and we will certainly return the next time we are in the area.

Fountain Valley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Accommodations were clean and a good selection provided for breakfast. The location requires making a U-turn de-pending on which direction you are coming from. Hotel close to a WalMart where you can pick up supplies for a road trip and save money versus stopping at other stores.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jonic64, Director of Operations at Hampton Inn Americus, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
I just wanted to send a quick note saying thank you for your kind words. We strive daily to be the Hotel of choice in Americus and we provide the Hampton Standard that is so well known across the US and the World. Our staff there along with our GM Vasi, are very knowledgeable and have many years experience. Please come back and stay with us again.

Jon

Been to Hampton Inn Americus? Share your experiences!