“Suprised!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Americus

You added Days Inn Americus to your Saves list
Days Inn Americus
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1605 East Lamar Street, Americus, GA 31709 (Formerly Jameson Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 25% Summer Sale
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Americus
Richmond
“Suprised!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I had not read any reviews of this location as I was not planning on staying in Americus. But, once there, I was surprised. The room was clean, beds comfortable, and the breakfast offered in the dining area was more than adequate. Considering the limited choices in Americus, this Days Inn fit the bill and should I ever have occasion to be in Americus again I would stay at this Days Inn.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
AmbriaR_11, General Manager at Days Inn Americus, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Donna D,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete the online review regarding your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to accommodate you with the things you needed. We truly enjoyed the opportunity to have you as our guest and look forward to your return the next time you are in the Americus area. I will be sure to share your review with our staff. Again, thank you for your review.

Ambria Ridley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Americus
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

The room smelled of mold when you turn the air on. I have never heard of reusing towels in a hotel or motel. I don't reuse my towels at home (Awful).

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

AmbriaR_11, General Manager at Days Inn Americus, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Dear Betty B,

Thank you for taking the time complete a review of your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that your stay was anything less than exemplary. Upon notification, we would have been more than happy to correct any concerns that you may have had during your 5 day stay. I had the pleasure of speaking with you during the second day of your stay as you made reservations for your friend and I would have welcomed any opportunity to enhance your stay at that time. Our hotel as well as other Wyndham properties practice energy and water conservation programs to better help our environment. There are tent cards in each guest room that allow the guests to "Save the Planet" by choosing to reuse their towels or sheets rather than having them replaced each day. This is indicated by either hanging the towels on the rack or leaving them on the floor. Any towels on the rack lets the room attendant know that the guest has chosen to reuse their linen. Any towels on the floor indicates the guest would like fresh towels of which are provided promptly.

Again, thank you for taking the time to post your review. We hope to gain the opportunity to serve you the next time you are in the Americus area.

Zephyrhills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stayed one night in the double/handicap room. The employees were extremely pleasant and helpful. The room was clean and well put together. The beds/pillows were quite comfortable. The only complaints would be that our room was right next to the pool so it could get a tad noisy at times. Also we requested a nonsmoking room but right outside the door sat a cigarette disposal. It stunk and I kept having to walk through people smoking. ...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

AmbriaR_11, General Manager at Days Inn Americus, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Christina L,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our clean and comfortable rooms. Thank you for making note of the friendliness of our staff. I do appreciate the comments you made regarding the cigarette disposal container. We will be using your comments to find a more suitable place to house that container. Thank you again Christina for being our guest and for posting your review. I will be sharing your comments with our staff.

Warner Robins, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Upon check-in at front desk I was greeted by a very surly woman who looked at and spoke to me as if I had inconvenienced her by making her come to the desk. As she looked up my reservation I asked if it was possible to get a room on the first floor. This simple request was greeted with a deep sigh, she then made a very big point of crossing out the original room number and re-writing a new one. I left the front desk feeling very unappreciated.

When I got to my room I was happy to see that it appeared clean with only minor wear and tear. I dropped my stuff off and went out to pick up a few things. When I came back I noticed the door to my room was left wide open. There were a few guys moving their stuff into the room next to me so I asked if they had seen anyone go into my room. They told me the cleaning woman had gone in and vacuumed. While I appreciate a vacuumed carpet I do not appreciate all my belongings including a laptop, cell phone, and cash being left unsecured. I mentioned something to her and was met with a annoyed explanation about how the room needed vacuuming.

Overall while the room was fairly nice the service staff was a disgrace and the daily housekeeping consisted of little more than re-making the bed and changing the towels. The room was never vacuumed and the bathroom never cleaned all week.

I will be returning to Americus soon but not to the Days Inn

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
AmbriaR_11, General Manager at Days Inn Americus, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear al3912,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and make us aware of your concerns. I am truly sorry to hear that the service your received was less than exceptional. As our other reviewers have indicated we strive to provide to provide the best customer service possible. I assure you that your experience will be used as a learning tool for our staff to ensure no other guests endure what you mentioned. I'm sorry that I was not made aware of the room issues you were having as I would have personally taken care of any and all concerns. I invite you back to our hotel the next time you're in the Americus area that we may gain the opportunity to serve you again and provide you with the service that we are known for.

wharton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Very nice motel/hotel. Staff was very friendly. Rooms were spotless except for dust on the dresser. My biggest complaint was that by the time we got to breakfast at 8 there were no bagels left & the omelets were cold.
All in all, though, a nice stay.

Room Tip: We were in room 601. It is the first room on the second floor next to the janitor/maid storage room...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
AmbriaR_11, General Manager at Days Inn Americus, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear mamabates62,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us. At the Days Inn Americus we strive to provide every guest with the best customer service possible and I appreciate you making note of that. I will be sure to share these comments with our staff.

I would like to sincerely apologize for the dust on your dresser. I have located your room in our system, and made sure that our room attendant corrected the issue. I also regret that you did not get to enjoy the items that you noted on our breakfast bar. As apart of the new DayFit breakfast program we no longer offer bagels however we definitely could have prepared more omelets for you. I will be sure to keep an eye on our food warmer to ensure it isn't malfunctioning and keeps the omelets good and hot. I appreciate your comments and bringing these items to our attention. We look forward to accommodating you on your next visit to Americus.

Ambria Ridley
Also consider these accommodations in or near Americus
Quality Inn Americus
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#1 of 3 in Montezuma
5.0 of 5 stars 1 reviews

Been to Days Inn Americus? Share your experiences!