“Probably my last time staying here!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Americus

You added Days Inn Americus to your Saves list
Days Inn Americus
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1605 East Lamar Street, Americus, GA 31709 (Formerly Jameson Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Americus
Pensacola, Florida
“Probably my last time staying here!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel countless times before when it was Jameson Inn. Now its Days Inn and things have really changed. Their sign says new name, new amenties there is nothing new except the 37 inch televisions in the room. First off we had at least 6 live roaches in our room I was shocked and frustrated they were crawling on the walls, in the bathroom and in the sink. I couldnt believe it because I've never seen roaches at this hotel before. All the towels were stained and disgusting looking I felt nasty by just using them. We used the fitness center all the equipment is still old and outdated but it will do when you have nothing else. The breakfast is still pretty good with the wide variety however, it would be nice if they had bacon or sausage. I was in town for New Years Eve (Dec. 29th-Jan 1st) and decided to stay here but I will probably not make that mistake again..Sorry Days Inn

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
AmbriaR_11, General Manager at Days Inn Americus, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear Monica A:

I am sorry to hear about the issues that occurred during your stay here at Days Inn. We did recently change brands however we are still able to provide excellent service just as before. We are in the process of adding some more great amenities to our hotel. I’m sorry I missed the chance to correct these things during your stay. However, if you could contact me at your earliest convenience so that I may review your stay and ensure that things like this do not occur in the future. I thank you for taking the time to post your comments and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Ambria Ridley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stayed here one night (tonight) because we wanted a king size bed-several other hotels did not have. This is more of a $50 a night place, not $100. The room is non-smoking but the bathroom reeked of smoke. The sheets were questionable. We eventually thought they were h
Just old and stained and thin, rather than used. Stains on bathroom wall behind door. Had to get another bedspread to put on chair and ottoman. Too dirty and stained. Front desk says the hotel was bought two weeks ago and they are going to update so maybe they will bring it up a notch or two.

Room Tip: Maybe look around a bit. The town is pretty small so all the hotels are pretty close together.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
AmbriaR_11, General Manager at Days Inn Americus, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear WadeAtlanta,

I would first like to apologize for lapse in service that occurred during your stay. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments and bringing this incident to my attention. I will discuss your comments with our housekeeping department and get these issues resolved. We strive provide extraordinary service and sincerely regret when we fall short of this goal. We are in the process of upgrading our hotel however we are still able to provide our guest with new linen. I would like to personally take care of these problems and get them resolved for you. If you could at your earliest convenience, please give me a call so that I can research your stay. I ensure you that these issues will get resolved. Again I thank you for your comments.

Register, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our room was very clean and smelled inviting. It is a little worn in places and the shower needs a new shower head on it. Otherwise, it is a wonderful place to stay. This is the second time to stay there. The breakfast is average, but always plentiful. The staff were the most friendly that I have ever experienced. Great time!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Beth S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves in our great customer service and in our deluxe continental breakfast and I’m pleased that you were able to partake in both. Please accept my sincere apology regarding the shower head. If you could, please call or e-mail me at your earliest convenience so that I can review the room you stayed in and get a new shower head in place. Thank you again for your comments and I hope that we get the opportunity to serve you again when you are in the Americus area.

Sincrely,

Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

When I finally got to the hotel I was so tired and very thankful that Ambria allowed me to check in early. She checked me in with no problem and called afterwards to make sure that I was settled and comfortable. My room was nice and clean and I had everything that I needed. I enjoyed the breakfast as usual I love the various options that the hotel offers. The other great thing about the hotel is that it is located next to Ruby Tuesday and other great eateries. We also enjoyed the hotel pool its just to bad they dont have a jacuzzi. I also used the fitness room which was sufficient for my needs I was able to stick to my fitness routine without any issues. I stayed at the Jameson Inn for 6 days and 5 nights during this trip and its the #1 hotel for me when I'm in town visiting family. Thanks again for your hospitality and I look forward to seeing you guys next time I'm in Americus.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
AmbriaR_11, General Manager at Days Inn Americus, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Dear Monica A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay with us. As you were able to see first hand with Ambria, our team strives to provide all of our guests with pleasant accommodations and exceptional customer service. We are delighted that you experienced this during your recent trip to the area. At Jameson Inns, we are proud to offer a good value to our guests without sacrificing comfort and service. We look forward to accommodating your lodging needs the next time that you are in town.

Bexley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Stayed one night when visiting Andersonville with my freind. The rooms were OK but they need a refurb with the carpet being very old although the place seemed clean enough. They also has very old Tube TV's with are all rather old now. I must say the greeting from the reception staff was excellent so no complaints with the welcome. The breakfast in the normal was similar to La Quinta but hey its for free.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Jef013,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your recent stay with us. Receiving feedback from guests is helpful, because it provides us with the opportunity to make changes and improve in areas that are important to our guests’ satisfaction.

I am sorry to hear that you were not pleased with the televisions that we currently have on property. However, I am delighted to share with you that we are in the process of upgrading all of our televisions to 37” flat screens!

Thank you for the kind words regarding your greeting from our staff. At Jameson Inn-Americus, we strive to provide our guests with clean, comfortable accommodations and great customer service. We look forward to a return visit from you in the future. Thank you for your patronage!

Birmingham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

In small towns, with little lodging competition, you're going to pay more for less of a hotel. That would be the case with the Jameson Inn in Americus. It's not worth $85 a night, but comparitively, it's not bad. Decent night sleep, helpful staff is what we needed, that's what we got. Breakfast, typical fare. Wifi slow at times, but it worked. Ruby's right next door, is nice complement. Only two complaints: the grounds guy using the blower at 7-am & the baseball fans @ Georgia Southwestern College. The latter, which has no connection to the hotel, are the rudest, disrespectful collection of miscreants I've ever experienced. Your town should be really proud. Oh wait, they ARE the town.

• Stayed March 2012
AmbriaR_11, General Manager at Days Inn Americus, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Dear twinwolves,

Thank you for sharing this review of your recent stay at Jameson Inn-Americus. We appreciate you taking the time to compliment us on our hospitality and service. We strive to provide our guests with clean, comfortable accommodations and great customer service. We are glad you experienced this during your trip to Americus, and we hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you for your patronage!

Miami Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

My family and I stayed here while visiting the Andersonville National Historic Site (Civil War Prison Camp and POW National Museum.) We rolled into town quite late and tried the Holiday Inn first. HUGE MISTAKE. That place is a DUMP! After getting our money back, we tried the Jameson Inn. Here is our review:

STAFF - The staff at the Jameson was very, very helpful. From our check-in to breakfast to additional requests we had, they were top notch. We needed two beds, but all they had was a king. Michael (front desk) gave us a blowup mattress and extra linens. And can you imagine, he did all of that without an attitude or grumbling....he had a great smile and was just so very helpful. The breakfast staff welcomed us with big smiles and warm food. The area was clean and the food was good. Although as others have mentioned, the breakfast is VERY southern with standard fare such as grits, biscuits, gravy, waffles, etc. Not much fresh fruit.

ROOMS - The rooms are dated. There is no way around this. And while orderly...they just didn't seem sparkling clean. The linens were fine...but you didn't really want to roll around on the carpet or walk barefoot in the bathroom. There were some patch jobs in the dry wall and the tub didn't drain very well. The bed was big and comfy.

PRICE - We did not book ahead and paid $85 for the night. I personally think this was a steep price given the nature of the rooms. Realistically it is a $55 night hotel, but given the other options in town, we gladly paid the asking price.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
AmbriaR_11, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Americus, responded to this review, March 21, 2012
Dear TheDisneyFansFamily,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted to hear that you received great customer service. We strive to offer the best service possible. I am glad you enjoyed the beds on our big and comfy Jameson Inn branded mattresses. We hope that you’ll choose our location again when in Americus. We want to WOW you with our rooms during your next stay by ensuring that it will be sparkling clean, no patches on the walls, and a tub that drains well. If you could, please contact me at your earliest convenience so that I may research which room you occupied and correct the issues you mentioned. Again, thank you for taking time to post your review and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Guest Service Manager

Been to Days Inn Americus? Share your experiences!