“No problems at all” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Americus

You added Days Inn Americus to your Saves list
Days Inn Americus
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1605 East Lamar Street, Americus, GA 31709 (Formerly Jameson Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Americus
Pensacola, Florida
“No problems at all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

When I finally got to the hotel I was so tired and very thankful that Ambria allowed me to check in early. She checked me in with no problem and called afterwards to make sure that I was settled and comfortable. My room was nice and clean and I had everything that I needed. I enjoyed the breakfast as usual I love the various options that the hotel offers. The other great thing about the hotel is that it is located next to Ruby Tuesday and other great eateries. We also enjoyed the hotel pool its just to bad they dont have a jacuzzi. I also used the fitness room which was sufficient for my needs I was able to stick to my fitness routine without any issues. I stayed at the Jameson Inn for 6 days and 5 nights during this trip and its the #1 hotel for me when I'm in town visiting family. Thanks again for your hospitality and I look forward to seeing you guys next time I'm in Americus.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
AmbriaR_11, General Manager at Days Inn Americus, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Dear Monica A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay with us. As you were able to see first hand with Ambria, our team strives to provide all of our guests with pleasant accommodations and exceptional customer service. We are delighted that you experienced this during your recent trip to the area. At Jameson Inns, we are proud to offer a good value to our guests without sacrificing comfort and service. We look forward to accommodating your lodging needs the next time that you are in town.

Jennifer Bray

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Bexley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Stayed one night when visiting Andersonville with my freind. The rooms were OK but they need a refurb with the carpet being very old although the place seemed clean enough. They also has very old Tube TV's with are all rather old now. I must say the greeting from the reception staff was excellent so no complaints with the welcome. The breakfast in the normal was similar to La Quinta but hey its for free.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Jef013,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your recent stay with us. Receiving feedback from guests is helpful, because it provides us with the opportunity to make changes and improve in areas that are important to our guests’ satisfaction.

I am sorry to hear that you were not pleased with the televisions that we currently have on property. However, I am delighted to share with you that we are in the process of upgrading all of our televisions to 37” flat screens!

Thank you for the kind words regarding your greeting from our staff. At Jameson Inn-Americus, we strive to provide our guests with clean, comfortable accommodations and great customer service. We look forward to a return visit from you in the future. Thank you for your patronage!

Birmingham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

In small towns, with little lodging competition, you're going to pay more for less of a hotel. That would be the case with the Jameson Inn in Americus. It's not worth $85 a night, but comparitively, it's not bad. Decent night sleep, helpful staff is what we needed, that's what we got. Breakfast, typical fare. Wifi slow at times, but it worked. Ruby's right next door, is nice complement. Only two complaints: the grounds guy using the blower at 7-am & the baseball fans @ Georgia Southwestern College. The latter, which has no connection to the hotel, are the rudest, disrespectful collection of miscreants I've ever experienced. Your town should be really proud. Oh wait, they ARE the town.

• Stayed March 2012
AmbriaR_11, General Manager at Days Inn Americus, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Dear twinwolves,

Thank you for sharing this review of your recent stay at Jameson Inn-Americus. We appreciate you taking the time to compliment us on our hospitality and service. We strive to provide our guests with clean, comfortable accommodations and great customer service. We are glad you experienced this during your trip to Americus, and we hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you for your patronage!

Miami Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

My family and I stayed here while visiting the Andersonville National Historic Site (Civil War Prison Camp and POW National Museum.) We rolled into town quite late and tried the Holiday Inn first. HUGE MISTAKE. That place is a DUMP! After getting our money back, we tried the Jameson Inn. Here is our review:

STAFF - The staff at the Jameson was very, very helpful. From our check-in to breakfast to additional requests we had, they were top notch. We needed two beds, but all they had was a king. Michael (front desk) gave us a blowup mattress and extra linens. And can you imagine, he did all of that without an attitude or grumbling....he had a great smile and was just so very helpful. The breakfast staff welcomed us with big smiles and warm food. The area was clean and the food was good. Although as others have mentioned, the breakfast is VERY southern with standard fare such as grits, biscuits, gravy, waffles, etc. Not much fresh fruit.

ROOMS - The rooms are dated. There is no way around this. And while orderly...they just didn't seem sparkling clean. The linens were fine...but you didn't really want to roll around on the carpet or walk barefoot in the bathroom. There were some patch jobs in the dry wall and the tub didn't drain very well. The bed was big and comfy.

PRICE - We did not book ahead and paid $85 for the night. I personally think this was a steep price given the nature of the rooms. Realistically it is a $55 night hotel, but given the other options in town, we gladly paid the asking price.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
AmbriaR_11, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Americus, responded to this review, March 21, 2012
Dear TheDisneyFansFamily,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted to hear that you received great customer service. We strive to offer the best service possible. I am glad you enjoyed the beds on our big and comfy Jameson Inn branded mattresses. We hope that you’ll choose our location again when in Americus. We want to WOW you with our rooms during your next stay by ensuring that it will be sparkling clean, no patches on the walls, and a tub that drains well. If you could, please contact me at your earliest convenience so that I may research which room you occupied and correct the issues you mentioned. Again, thank you for taking time to post your review and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Ambria Ridley
Guest Service Manager
Dallas, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

This property is very dated and is an old style "motor inn". All of the rooms open to the outside. The breakfast is substandard. Grits, hard biscuits, gravy, some juices, cereal, instant oatmeal. No hot food like eggs, meat or potatoes. The AC did not work in my room the day I arrived. The water pressure is low, so it took forever to shower. The high speed internet is not high speed. When it works (which wasn't often for me), it is closer to dial up speed and I kept losing my connection. There are not many electrical outlets in the rooms, although I did find a power strip on the floor underneath the desk. Check in took forever, and the front desk clerk fumbled around for 15 minutes trying to find the available room I had reserved. Bad experience from the get go, although my check out was quick and easy.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
AmbriaR_11, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Americus, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Dear northdallastx,

We would first like to apologize for the lapse in service that occurred during check-in. We pride ourselves on offering a quick and convenient check-in process so I am terribly sorry for your experience.

We would also like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments…we always appreciate guest feedback and we are already in the process of addressing each item accordingly.

We know you have other lodging choices here in Americus and we are grateful you chose Jameson Inn. We hope you will forgive us someday and we look forward to another opportunity to serve your lodging needs here in the Americus area.

Ambria Ridley

Guest Service Manager
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

Excellent Motel and it is very clean . The only disadvantage is their is not a lot of restaurants to choose from that are close to the motel. I ate at Ruby Tuesday and it was very good

Room 607 01-18-12

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
AmbriaR_11, General Manager at Days Inn Americus, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Dear George R,

Thank you for the kind review of your recent stay. At Jameson Inn-Americus, we strive to provide our guests with clean, comfortable, pleasant accommodations and great customer service. We are proud to offer a good value to our guests without sacrificing comfort and service. We look forward to a return visit from you in the future. Thank you for your patronage!

sthrngirl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

Clean room, comfy bed, and ultra friendly and helpful staff.

Room Tip: Had room at the back on the upper floor away from the road.