“Romantic and Relaxing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Americus
Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast
504 Rees Park, Americus, GA 31709   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Americus B&B and Inns
phenix city
“Romantic and Relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2007

My husband and I wanted a romantic getaway from our busy lives. We found it at Americus Garden Inn. We were truly treated special from the time we drove up. Susan gave us a tour and let us know of the sites we might want to visit. My husband loves things about the civil war so ended up going to Andersonville Civil War Village and visiting several museums. The Garden Inn is a beatiful house with nice rooms. Our room the Veranda had king size bed and huge tub. It had entrance to the room from porch which we sat outside on big rockers at night. The bed was so comfortable. We had 3 courses for breakfast and it was delicious. Susan is the best cook and I had the best breakfast of my life. I will be staying at this Inn again on my anniversary. Thank you Susan and Kim for a great stay and making us feel welcome.

• Liked — everything
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

590 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Atlanta GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2007

I just wanted to thank you for making our stay at the Americus Garden
Inn Bed and Breakfast this weekend such a success. The accommodations
were delightful, and the food was delicious. Your advice about visiting President Carter's Sunday School class was most helpful.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
Northern Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2007

Carole and I stayed the weekend at the Americus Garden Inn and had a marvelous time. Kim and Susan were attentive and gracious hosts and they obviously put a great deal of effort into ensuring that their guests have an enjoyable experience. Susan's cooking was delicious - I will be writing her for the recipe for those cinnamon roll pancakes! Yum!
Carole and I stayed in the Scarlet room, which was spacious and comfortable.
When we first arrived on a very hot June day we initially had second thoughts. The place seemed a little barren & devoid of trees. We later learned that the town of Americus had borne the brunt of a tornado spawning storm in March and was still recovering. However, any doubts we had were quickly dispelled once we walked inside. Kim and Susan maintain the house in an excellent condition. The Inn is very clean and appointed with appropriate period antiques.
Enthusiastically recommended for travellers taking in the sights in and around Americus.

• Liked — The Host and Hostess
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Slidell, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2007

My job requires that I travel every week to all parts of the country. Now that you know that I have been a road warrior for over 7 years, I have to say that my experiences at Americus Garden Inn have been FIRST CLASS!

I was lucky enough, to have been given the opportunity to work at Sumter Regional Hospital in Americus Georgia. While preparing for my assignment I found the Americus Garden Inn on the internet. I stayed with Kim and Susan every week for approximately 8 months. This was my home away from home in may ways.

When I first arrive at the Inn I was the exception to the rule. I was the Business Traveler. Kim and Susan immediately accommodated my needs by making sure that I was able to connect to the internet. The also allowed me to use the meeting room for occasional meetings with the other Consultants.

This beautiful home brings you back to a time when the busy life that we all live today was not an issue. When I would return to the Inn after working Kim and Susan would be there with very welcoming smiles, and always an ear if I needed to talk.

My husband and I have returned to the Americus Garden Inn just to relax.

I am very late in posting this review please forgive me but I did want everyone to know how great this place is. Kim and Susan are FANTASTIC.

The Americus Garden Inn will always me my oasis.

Gail Artigue

Stayed July 2006
atlanta ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2007

We had a girls weekend away from teh city and stay here and just LOVED it. The hosts were wonderful, the house was AMAZING (like something out of a movie), the breakfast was lavish, the room we stayed in was huge and had a nice sized bathroom.

Ask the host about her ghosts stories! Something not written about on their website. No evil spirts here, good vibe were felt all around.

Hope to stay here again!

• Liked — The house was amazing
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Newnan, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2007

"Wow!" was the first word I used to describe the room in which we stayed. It was decorated so elegantly with all the right touches for a romantic get away. This was our first experience with a B&B, and it was divine! Susan is an excellent cook. Her breakfast was wonderful, and she even made sure it was to our liking (healthy) and followed our dietary restrictions perfectly. Kim and Susan truly pay attention to detail, and this is shown in the way the home is decorated, food is presented, and through the conversations we shared. She actually remembered so much about me through conversations my husband had with her prior to our arrival. Susan gave us a tour of the home, as well as directions to area attractions and restaurants. She pointed out all of the details to be sure we knew where we were going. There was a wide-variety of snacks, soft drinks, and candies available for us to enjoy at any time. If I had known how wonderful the coffee was going to be, I would have drank it the entire time I was there rather than only with breakfast. It was superb, as was our experience at this B&B. We will definitely return. Also, there is a lovely gold fish pond close to the house and there were many kitties and birds around to provide relaxing entertainment. Sitting on the veranda was peaceful, and we truly felt like we were "at home." This place was top notch, and I recommend it to everyone, especially those who haven't tried a B&B. It is an experience I will never forget!

• Liked — The hospitality of the innkeepers.
  • Disliked — Nothing...it was a great experience.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2007

We recently enjoyed such a peaceful, beautiful weekend at this lovely B&B. Kim & Susan paid such amazing attention to detail - mints on our pillow, trivia cards in the dining room, and complimentary bath necessities. We enjoyed the 24-hour beverage and snacks available - tea, coffee, 2 dozen soda varieties, fruit, snacks, and more! Susan paid extra special attention to a dietary restriction, which I was very thankful for. Breakfast was fabulous both days.

Stayed April 2007

Been to Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!