“Incredibly relaxing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Americus
Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
504 Rees Park, Americus, GA 31709   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Americus B&B and Inns
oregon
“Incredibly relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2007

We just returned from Americus and a 8 day stay at the Americus Garden Inn. The town, while very much damaged by the tornado, is managing. The purpose of our trip was to explore my family genealogy. Days were spent driving to and from small towns and libraries. The Americus Garden Inn was like coming home ever day. We stayed in the Veranda room and it was spacious and comfortable. The bed was divine. In our experience b&bs can be noisy. Not so here - very quiet. The hosts are superlative, so good natured and informative AND then there are the breakfasts -- beyond scrumptious. We loved one of the quiches Susan made so lo and behold on our last day she made it specially for us. YUMMY!!! The Inn is very much a respite and anyone wanting a break should make a reservation ASAP.

• Liked — Comfort
  • Disliked — nothing comes to mind
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2007

This is a wonderful B&B. Simply put , Kim and Susan will do everything within their power to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
The rooms are spacious and perfectly clean, plenty of towels and toiletries. Susan even takes time to place candies on your pillow as a sweet surprise gift each evening.

After a hard day of sight seeing such awsome places as Andersonville, Jimmy Carter's boy hood farm and school we got a kick outta Susan greeting us with the words, " Welcome Home !" I still get a kick outta that.

She's known for her attention to breakfast which is quite awsome. Great egg dishes and pancakes!

She's a great little cook and we were delighted at her offerings.
One thing i would really like to point out is that the breakfast room always has fresh coffee brewing and snacks in baskets as well as bottled water and soda. That really comes in handy when your starving after a hard day of traveling..

Don't miss Andersonville! it's a most amazing place and one you will always remember, and take a lilttle time to learn the history of it. The area is beautiful and well worth a trip.

Nancy & Gary...

• Stayed March 2007
georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2007

My wife and I had a long weekend from work so we thought we'd do a "history" get away. We chose Americus because of the rich Southern history of the area, and Americus has quite a bit of history preserved right there.
We had never stayed in a B&B so we thought we'd give it a try. I chose Americus Garden Inn after reviewing their website. After speaking to Susan on the phone I made reservations confident I chose the right place. Susan is a joy to talk to. What a great weekend it was. Susan and Kim were fantastic hosts, greeting as we pulling into the drive. Susan gave us a nice tour of the B&B meanwhile sharing the history of the Inn from the time it was built to now. We were shown were everything was in our room and instructed how to get in touch with them if we needed anything. They also went over several restaurants in the area as well as the area attractions which include Andersonville Civil War prison, the 1840's town of Westville, downtown Americus historic buildings as well as Jimmy Carter National park and homeplace amoung others.
Susan is a fabulous cook, no I should say Chef, and spoiled us with a wonderful breakfast every morning, even accomodating me on my diet. Kim visited with us during breakfast helping us to plan our day by answering any questions and making our breakfast plates or coffee cups weren't empty until we had all we wanted to eat. It was nice for Kim to spend some time with us even though 2 weeks earlier they sustained substantial yard damage from the tornado and Kim had lots of work to do to get it all cleaned up. The breakfasts Susan prepared were top knock. Not only did we enjoy our stay in a beautiful house, in the historic district in a very comfortable room with snacks, videos, and books available for no extra charge, we made new friends with Susan and kim. Great hosts, but also just good folks. I can't wait until we can do it again.
Bobby Tuttle

Stayed March 2007
Jefferson, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2007

My husband and I needed a weekend away and decided to go to Americus for a weekend getaway. We found the Americus Garden Inn online and thought we would give it a try. We had never stayed at a B & B before and were a little nervous but after we arrived we felt right at home. We walked in and the house smelled like a fresh baked apple pie, lucky for us it was an apple crumb dish Susan was preparing for breakfast! We new right away this was going to be a great weekend!

Kim gave us great information about the town and Andersonville. The prison, POW museum, and the cemetary are really something to see. We ate dinner Sat. night at The Daphne Lodge. It is a wonderful and cozy restaurant outside of town that had a tasty menu and we would definately recommend it. Now back to the inn..

We stayed in the library room, it was really nice and spacious. We had a king size bed with antique furniture that gave the room such an at home feeling. Breakfast in the morning was absolutely wonderful! Susan's cinnamon roll pancakes were something that we had never had before but were wonderful! The other couples that were there were also so friendly and I think one of the best parts of our trip for me was the converastions we had at breakfast.

If you need a get away with a personal touch, please stay a weekend with Kim and Susan, they will treat you like friends they have know for years!

Scott and Melissa Thomas
Jefferson, GA

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2007

February 23, 2007
The Americus Garden Inn is one of the best bed and breakfast inns we have had the opportunity to enjoy. The owners, Kim and Susan, went above and beyond the call of duty. From directions and recommendations of local restaurants for our evening meal (of course, we didn't really need to eat again after the scrumptious breakfast fare that was provided each morning) to information on nearby sites to visit, The home is in close proximity to Jimmy Carters home in Plains and the Civil War prison of Andersonville.

All of the large, warm rooms are beautifully furnished. The guests are made to feel a part of the wonderful atmosphere that Kim and Susan have created in this 1847 restored home. There is little doubt that they truly love what they are doing.

We definitely plan to return to Americus for another delightful stay at the Inn.

Sue and Harold Burrell
Jacksonville, Florida

Stayed February 2007
Jacksonville, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2007

Execllent does not adequately describe the facility, hospitaliy and value of Americus Garden Inn. Surely, this is one of the very best B & Bs in the nation. Our hosts, Kim and Susan, welcomed us into their historic home (built in 1847) with a warmth and graciousness befitting family. The large, comfortable rooms were spotless and well furnished, and breakfasts exceeded our expectations. Susan is a grandma trained, gourmet cook; you will not leave the table unsatisfied. The surrounding area of Americus, Plains and Andersonville afford visitors to the area a variety of activities but Americus Garden Inn made our weekend visit most memorable. We recommend this B & B without reservation.

Jim and Judy Pope
Jacksonville, FL

• Liked — Charming room and wonderful hosts
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
Zellwood, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2007

This was my first B&B experience and what a great one it was. When I called for information I could feel the warmth of Susan and her interest in making one's stay the best ever. As a single traveler I was concerned if a B&B stay would work for me. She was able to make me most comfortable just in our short phone conversation. Being interested in history of the area she allowed me to see how one can capture the essence and feel of history by actually staying there. This home predates the Civil War and Kim and Susan have done a great job of returning it to its former self.

The rooms are large with soaring ceilings, and well preserved wood floors. The beds are great. Mine was so restful I wanted to load up the mattress and take it home with me. The baths are large and well appointed for a home of the mid 1800's.

And I cannot close without a discussion of the great breakfasts. Each morning was a treat. I could not wait to try something new each morning. The hosts also provide excellent coffee. I happen to drink coffee through out the day and it was always fresh and available.

Kim and Susan have an attained great knowledge of the local area and its history and are able to direct visitors of points of interest one might not find on your own. They also provide a great review of local places to dine.

I am afraid these hosts have spoiled me. The B&B does work for me and I plan to viist more in the future and return to the Americus Garden Inn as well.

• Liked — The feel of home
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!