“Better Than Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Americus
Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast
You added Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
504 Rees Park, Americus, GA 31709   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Americus B&B and Inns
Jacksonville, FL
“Better Than Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2007

Execllent does not adequately describe the facility, hospitaliy and value of Americus Garden Inn. Surely, this is one of the very best B & Bs in the nation. Our hosts, Kim and Susan, welcomed us into their historic home (built in 1847) with a warmth and graciousness befitting family. The large, comfortable rooms were spotless and well furnished, and breakfasts exceeded our expectations. Susan is a grandma trained, gourmet cook; you will not leave the table unsatisfied. The surrounding area of Americus, Plains and Andersonville afford visitors to the area a variety of activities but Americus Garden Inn made our weekend visit most memorable. We recommend this B & B without reservation.

Jim and Judy Pope
Jacksonville, FL

• Liked — Charming room and wonderful hosts
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Zellwood, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2007

This was my first B&B experience and what a great one it was. When I called for information I could feel the warmth of Susan and her interest in making one's stay the best ever. As a single traveler I was concerned if a B&B stay would work for me. She was able to make me most comfortable just in our short phone conversation. Being interested in history of the area she allowed me to see how one can capture the essence and feel of history by actually staying there. This home predates the Civil War and Kim and Susan have done a great job of returning it to its former self.

The rooms are large with soaring ceilings, and well preserved wood floors. The beds are great. Mine was so restful I wanted to load up the mattress and take it home with me. The baths are large and well appointed for a home of the mid 1800's.

And I cannot close without a discussion of the great breakfasts. Each morning was a treat. I could not wait to try something new each morning. The hosts also provide excellent coffee. I happen to drink coffee through out the day and it was always fresh and available.

Kim and Susan have an attained great knowledge of the local area and its history and are able to direct visitors of points of interest one might not find on your own. They also provide a great review of local places to dine.

I am afraid these hosts have spoiled me. The B&B does work for me and I plan to viist more in the future and return to the Americus Garden Inn as well.

• Liked — The feel of home
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2007
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2007

Date: Feb 2, 2007
Reviewer: PJ McLendon, Florida

Let me begin with "Absolutely magnificent". Upon our arrival we were warmly greeted by one of the owners, Susan. Prior to arrival we had several phone conversations in which Susan acquainted us with the local area. Being our first B & B experience we were a little nervous, that disappeared with our warm greeting. We were given a tour of the house and a bit of history on the tour. We had spent the day at Andersonville and discussed that for a moment. The room was simply beautiful and personal touches added in every room (the sheets were freshly ironed!!!) My husband and I felt as if we were visiting friends, staying with Susan and Kim (the owners). We travelled with another couple and they were as pleased as we were. Breakfast was home made, all three courses were exceptionally wonderful!!!!! My friend was celebrating her birthday and with one phone call, Susan set everything in place. Needless to say my dear friend had a few wonderful surprises and shed a few happy tears!!
I highly recommend and will return someday.

Stayed February 2007
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2007

Our four-day stay at Americus Garden Inn exceeded our expectations. We appreciated the warm hospitality extended by Kim and Susan, starting with phone conversations even before we arrived. They were very helpful in acquainting us with points of interest and places for dining. The rooms are all lovely, and much care has been given to each detail in order to make guests feel right at home and to appreciate the historical ambience. Breakfasts were truly a delightful culinary experience, and each morning brought new surprises for the palate and pleasant discussions with other guests. We highly recommend the Inn to our friends, and we look forward to another visit soon.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
Albany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2007

This past weekend we had the pleasure of staying at the Americus Garden Inn Bed and Breakfast. It was a wonderful experience! The house is beautiful and has a fascinating history. Our room was so nice. It had a hardwood floor, high ceiling, and a very comfortable bed designed for weary travelers. The 3-course breakfast, along with the biscotti, was both delicious and nutritious! Our 3-course breakfast, which was made from scratch, consisted of chocolate muffins with assorted juices, followed by mixed fruit, and then an egg casserole with cornmeal buttermilk pancakes. What a breakfast! Now I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the owners; they're great people, so gracious and hospitable! They treat you like longtime friends instead of guests and make you feel right at home. Thanks Susan and Kim for a relaxing and fun-filled weekend! We look forward to staying with you again. We'd definitely recommend this bed and breakfast to others; it has 5-star quality.

• Liked — The hardwood floors.
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
Maryland-TRIP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2006

We stayed at Americus Garden Inn on our way to Sunday School with Jimmy Carter in Plains, only 15 minutes away. Kim and Susan knew we were only going to be with them at their home very briefly but still went "all out" to make it a mini vacation. Susan had asked even before we arrived if we had any food allergies. We have SO MANY allergies!!! So she invented and cooked a very special and absolutely wonderful breakfast that we could all eat together. That was a first for us. We hope you enjoy your stay at the Garden Inn as much as we did.

• Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2006

Over a year ago, we'd very briefly stopped in Americus, while traveling on the Sam Shortline RR. For my recent birthday "get-away," we decided to go back for a real visit. We had intended to stay at the Windsor Hotel, but when I saw Americus Garden Inn B & B online and chatted with the innkeeper, Susan, I felt that would be a much better choice.... and it most definitely was! From our most informative and gracious welcome on Friday afternoon until our un-hurried departure Sunday late-morning, it COULD NOT HAVE BEEN BETTER!

The entire home and our room were so lovely and well cared-for, down to every detail. We loved the books provided in each room and the video library (for the VHS in the room) and the plush and ample linens and towels and beautiful furnishings.

The 24/7 goodies in the dining room, the piano playing during the late afternoon, the delicious breakfasts (with wrapped left-overs "for later"), the good security and "being away from the downtown" (5 minutes away) and the sweet personalities of the hosts, Kim & Susan, added greatly to the general ambience of two and a half delightful days.

While in the area we visited (and thoroughly enjoyed) Habitat for Humanity Global Village, shopped (and got great bargains), toured Andersonville (see photo) and the POW museum nearby and ate heartily. The "piece de resistance" was attending a performance of the Chinese Golden Dragon Acrobatics at the beautiful Rylander Theatre.

We would definitely return to Americus & to the Garden Inn!
Anita & Max Eidex (Atlanta)

Stayed October 2006

Been to Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!