“Plains and Andersonville” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Americus
Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
504 Rees Park, Americus, GA 31709   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Americus B&B and Inns
Oviedo, Fl
“Plains and Andersonville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2006

Our stay was awesome and a great battery re-charger. Outrageously delicious, healthy and filling breakfasts were an unbelievable start to sight seeing days. Then incredibly warm colors and cozy decor gave way to relaxing baths and restful nights. After our anniversary dinner, we talked about whether we would read, watch TV, sleep or "other" when we got "home". It didn't feel like a B&B - and we have been to many!!!!!!! It felt like home and I think our hosts should be thanked appropriately. There was no detail overlooked and we look forward to going back.

• Liked — It felt more comfortable than being home. Also, owners very "area knowledgeable". Parking.
  • Disliked — Not DVD ready yet.
  • Tips/Secrets — Walk the grounds, use the swing (near the house or out in the gazebo), explore the home!
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple

598 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2006

My colleague and I live and work in the Atlanta area. We both love literature, history, and share an admiration for President Jimmy Carter. Weeks ago we planned this "get-away" to Andersonville, Americus, and Plains, GA, hoping that it would be both educational, inspirational, and relaxing. We found all that we expected, and more!

The Americus Garden Inn was simply lovely! Innkeepers Kim & Susan Egelseer were such gracious hosts, complete with the smell of fresh-baking break in the morning, history lessons about the home and area, and recommendations for our Saturday evening meal in Americus.

Sandy and I returned to Atlanta refreshed...relaxed from our very pleasant stay at the Inn, touched by the sites and sounds of Andersonville, and inspired by our beloved President Jimmy Carter! This trip will always be a special memory for us. We would definitely recommend it to others!
[Written on October 6, 2006]
note: I will add photos at another time.

Stayed October 2006
bethlehem, Ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2006

We celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary at the Americaus Garden Inn and we enjoyed everything, the red gold fish in the pond, the history of the house, the hospitality of Susan & Kim, our room, breakfast, Dingus Magee's and did we mention our very clean ROOM. It 's a verly lovely home, with a lot of history and two honest people who run it. I would highly recommend this Bed & Breakfast to anyone whether it be someone who's looking for a history lesson, a quiet weekend, a romantic getaway or just passing through. We hope to visit again before the year is out, that's how much we loved our stay.

• Liked — It was clean, spacious & just great
  • Disliked — I had to go back to work
  • Tips/Secrets — Plan to stay longer
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tallahassee, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2006

September 9,2006
We have had a week to reflect upon our visit to the Americus Garden Inn B & B in Americus, GA. We can say, unequivocally, it was our best B & B experience ever! The owners and caring innkeepers, Kim & Susan, provided us with a gorgeous, pre-civil war establishment with more than the comforts of home. It was scrupulously clean, very quiet, and tastefully appointed. They also provided us with stimulating conversation,helpful hints about the community and its historic sites, among them Andersonville and Plains, and cooked and served delicious hot breakfasts. They will personally confirm tourist info such as opening and closing times, cheerfully make dinner reservations, whatever else you may want. Finding out it was my birthday weekend, special attention was given us via rose-petal and chocolates turndown service. We left there feeling like we had added a son and daughter to our family. We will be back!

• Liked — The inn itself was gorgeous
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — engage in conversation with the hosts
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
Birmigham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2006

My husband was turning 50 and I wanted to do something that he would enjoy rather than thinking of myself.. He is a civil war buff so when I found this bed and breakfast it was "o.k. this is it.".. Now, I have to admit I was not too excited about the civil war theme but once again it was not about me.. So, we took off from Birmingham, AL with my husband not knowing where we were going.. I gave him gifts that hinted along the way. He figured out where we were going about half way there. The surprise was yet to come, though.. for both of us.

We drove into Americus through the historical district and at the end of the street sat the beautiful Americus Inn. Kim was there to greet us and the tour began. He and my husband began talking history and the weekend began. Kim showed us around the house and when we went upstairs there a big Happy Birthday banner above the room. I had ordered a basket that Susan customized for the birthday boy..corona light beers with limes, cheese and crackers, grapes and much more.. We stayed in the Scarlet room which was spacious and very comfortable. (Personally, I could have never left the room). The bathroom was also a treat.. Susan had left cucumber melon bubble bath was a nice surprise. The breakfast both mornings were superb. Susan needs to do a cookbook. The pancakes and egg dishes were so filling we did not eat lunch either day. She was kind to pack the muffins we did not eat at breakfast so we munched on those throughout the day. The civil war experience was actually pretty interesting. Of course my husband loved the POW museum and the cemetary (we went through twice!). That night we went to a restaurant on the lake that Kim and Susan recommended. It was great.
Kim and Susan, You make everyone feel like you are their best friend. I hope that soon you can experience the joys of receiving such hospitality and kindness instead of always giving. Will we come back..most definately and never leave the Inn.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
Gulf Breeze, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2006

This year I wanted to try something different on our anniversary. I did some research on the web and found Americus, Georgia.

My husband being a "history buff", I knew that this little town had plenty to offer. I then searched for a hotel and found the Americus Bed & Breakfast". Now, I had visited many bed and breakfasts but my husband had not and he was a bit skeptical.

The 3 nights that we spent at this bed and breakfast were so memorable that my husband has decided that he wants to continue celebrating our anniversaries there every summer.

Even though we had never met Susan and Kim, they made us feel as though we were visiting old friends. You can bet that I have certainly boasted to everyone about our great vacation in Georgia.

Thank you, Kim and Susan and we will see you next summer!

• Liked — Hospitality
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Tips/Secrets — Check the weather before riding up on motorcycles!
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
Stockbridge, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2006

We had been through a tough month, and just needed to get away from all the stress, so my husband started looking for a B&B. He had no clue where to start, but when he pulled up the information on the Americus Garden Inn, he thought it sounded like what we needed, so he sent an e-mail, asking about availibility. We received an e-mail back quickly and were told that there was room. My husband then called and spoke to Kim. Kim asked what we were looking for and why we wanted to come to the Americus Garden Inn, so he would know which room to recommend. When my husband explained to him all that had been going on, Kim told him that they had a room, and would be happy to have us. He then went on to tell my husband about what they offered. WOW! What an awsome place! Kim & Susan are the best! We were given a tour of the B&B upon arrival, then Susan brought out fresh baked Chocolate Biscotti (The biscotti is to die for, fantastic!) We we also told all about what was in the area, places of interest,& restaurants We did visit the Habitat for Humanity Global Village, but it was so hot out, that we went back to the B&B and sat in the beautiful living room area, my husband tinkered on the piano, while I did some cross-stitching. It was so peaceful!
Kim & Susan definitely take pride in what they do, the B&B beautiful rooms were so clean, and very comfortable! We stayed in the Jacuzzi room. I have never seen a tub so clean!
Susan, the breakfasts were WONDERFUL ! Okay Kim, I guess you can have some of the credit for the breakfast also, you did keep the coffee cups full, and did check to see if we needed anything else while Susan was working her fingers to the bone in the kitchen, with a different (full) breakfast served each morning.
You two are a great couple, we enjoyed our stay tremendously!We would love to return to the Americus Garden Inn, and would like to bring some friends with us next time.
Thanks so much for the Great Hospitality!

• Liked — The relaxing atmosphere, the wonderful Innkeepers & the breakfast!
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Tips/Secrets — this is not the place for you if you are looking for a fast paced, loud , crowded Hotel.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!