“Loved my birthday at Americus Garden Inn” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Americus
Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
504 Rees Park, Americus, GA 31709   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Americus B&B and Inns
Meigs, Georgia
“Loved my birthday at Americus Garden Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2006

My husband took me away for my birthday. He surprised me by taking me to the Americus Garden Inn. It was absolutly wonderful!
What a romantic getaway. The Inn is lovely, the breakfast superb, and the innkeepers made us feel very welcome and comfortable.
We stayed in the Veranda Room, which was beautiful! It had a big bay window looking out across the garden. We loved the fish pond. The innkeepers were so friendly and we had a wonderful time visiting with them.

• Liked — The Innkeepers
  • Disliked — I loved everything!
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2006

This was our first-ever stay at a B&B, and we couldn't be more thrilled with our experience!

The innkeepers were very kind, helpful, and informative about the house itself as well as area attractions. The rooms (our room and its adjoining bathroom, the dining room, and the sitting room) were all wonderfully decorated and super-clean. We especially liked the breakfast seating arrangements (there are four separate tables, so you can sit with other guests or by yourself).

Speaking of breakfast, it was delicious! The menu was different each of the two mornings we stayed, and each time it was just fabulous. Those with food allergies will be happy to know that Susan was excellent at accommodating our needs in this area (we didn't realize until after our stay that not all B&B's will accommodate special dietary needs).

We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and are recommending it to our friends and family as well. This great experience has set the benchmark for all of our future B&B stays! Kudos to Kim and Susan!

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Americus Inn for a weekend getaway trip in June and were very impressed. This was our first stay at a B & B, and we will definitely be coming back again. You couldn't ask for more gracious hosts. Kim and Susan gave fantastic traveling tips and helped us plan a relaxing and fun weekend, and they also gave us good tips on which restaurants to go to. Susan did an outstanding job of cooking a delicious and also nutritious three course breakfast. Kim graciously served the meals to us while Susan cooked. The house is beautiful and we really enjoyed the Jacuzzi Suite that we stayed in. We also enjoyed adding the sensual package to our room. I would highly recommend this B & B to everyone.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2006

The Americus Garden Inn was our first encounter with a B&B. Susan and Kim were absolutely charming. We could not have asked for a better experience: gracious from the first moment. We feel we met kindred spirits. My wife and I had a catering business for over fifteen years. We recognize the extra effort one puts into serving their customers. Susan’s cooking was superb, and Kim’s service was laden with extra touches that make the B&B experience what it should be. Susan and Kim set the bar high for other B&B’s.

• Stayed March 2005
Centerville,GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2006

My wife and I were looking for a new and relaxing way to spend our 31st anniversary. We found it in Americus, GA.

The Americus Garden Inn is fabulous. Kim and Susan are wonderful hosts. We felt right at home. Our room was very spacious and so relaxing. Susan prepared one of the most incredible breakfasts we ever tasted. Her cinnamon bread is just perfect. And the home made biscotti that is set out for your snacking pleasure is delicious.

We have stayed in many B&Bs and never had a bad experience but some are much better than others. Our stay at the Americus Garden Inn is one of our best. We could only stay one night because we took the SAM Shortline train to Americus and had to catch the train back the next day. We plan to go back and stay again soon.

Americus is a charming town. We met some of the nicest people there. Every one in town is very friendly. There is some neat history in their little town and some very interesting buildings. They also have some great places to eat and a unique little Ice cream/Children’s shop where you can get dessert.

We had a great time riding the train and visiting the towns along the way. We had to walk from the train station to the B&B but it is only about a mile. We enjoyed the walk past many wonderful old homes. We packed light so we did not have too much to carry. You can take a shuttle from the train station to the town and then walk to the B&B from there. It is a little less than a mile from town to the B&B. We like to walk so we walked it all. It is not for everyone but we had a great time. It was just the different sort of experience we wanted.

For info on the SAM Shortline train do a web search for SAM Shortline Georgia.

• Stayed May 2006
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2006

My husband and I went to Americus for a 3-day weekend and stayed in Scarlett's Suite at the Americus Garden Inn. I would highly recommend that you stay there!

Proprietors Kim and Susan were gracious hosts, ever available to assist us in finding our way around Americus and beyond. Our room was great--very large, with shiny wood floors and fabulous, soft sheets. The garden tub was impeccably clean and easily big enough for two. The breakfasts were fabulous and filling, full of local, fresh ingredients. If I had stayed there a few months, no doubt I would have been a blissful 300-pound person at the end!

I had emailed Susan some food allergies I have when I booked the room, and she made sure that the breakfast didn't include any of those items. It was wonderful not to have to pick and choose among the food offerings.

Living in Atlanta, I have gotten used to the constant, if distant, rumble of traffic. It was quiet enough at Americus Garden Inn that I resented returning to the traffic noise at home.

When you stay at a B&B, you want personal service and a unique, (usually) historic atmosphere. Kim and Susan and the Americus Garden Inn fulfilled those desires.

Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2006

A wedding brought us to Americus, GA and helped us to find the Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast. When my college friend let me know about her wedding, I immediately decided that this would be a trip for my husband and I without our 2 1/2 and 5 year old sons. I looked at the chain hotel where the block of rooms were and thought I want to do something special, something different. We don't get away much and decided to make this trip count.

After doing some research I found this wonderful B&B online. We had never stayed at a Bed & Breakfast before this trip. We were very excited and nervous at the same time. When we pulled up to the Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast we were very pleased. Kim and Susan were there to greet us and give us a tour of this beautiful historic home. Our room was fabulous and the breakfast was the best I have ever had. I loved telling the others in the wedding about the great breakfast I had Saturday morning. They had all either not eaten or grabbed something quick for breakfast. They were jealous of our unbelievable breakfast that included coffee, 6 juice choices, fresh fruit, double chocolate nut muffins, egg casserole, and pancakes. Susan is a great cook.

The husband and wife team that own and run this place are very kind and easy to talk to. They want to make your stay special and they do just that. We always felt very comfortable while we were there. We only wish we would have had more time to enjoy the beautiful inn and all it had to offer.

This may have been our first B&B experience however, it will not be our last. I highly recommend this place to anyone. It was a wonderful experience for us and a great escape from the little guys at home.

• Stayed June 2006

Been to Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!