“Awesome Retreat after a long days work” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Americus
Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
504 Rees Park, Americus, GA 31709   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Americus B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“Awesome Retreat after a long days work”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2006

I was working at a hospital in Columbus, Georgia and decided to drive the extra hour to stay at my favorite Bed and Breakfast. I have stayed at Americus numerous times because of the wonderful Innkeepers Susan and Kim. Susan and Kim make my visits very enjoyable and their hospitality is outstanding. I stay in hotels every week all year round, and I look forward to the time that I can be in Americus to spend my evenings in a beautifully decorated room, very comfortable living quarters, a lovely covered porch where you can relax and enjoy the birds singing, and the best breakfasts in the world. Susan gets the morning started with a beautiful display of fruits and muffins, and tops off the rest of the meal with her out of this world pancakes and quiches. The Inn is top notch and would make anyone who stays here once return for a second or third visit.Thank you Susan and Kim for making my week very pleasant and comfortable. I have to admit I have gotten the best rest this week than I have all year. Keep up the great work and I hope that other guests, business or just pleasure will enjoy the Inn as much as I do.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2006

What a wonderful stay at Americus Garden Inn.
We stayed in the "Veranda" which was lovely. The room was very spacious, and bright. Kim and Susan were so gracious in every way. They were so helpful with restaurants, and what to see in the area.

Each morning set before us a large healthy breakfast more than you could possibly eat.
Susan's chocolate biscotti was great always there tempting us for just one more taste.

We couldn't have asked for better hosts, and we wish many blessings upon this Inn.

Stayed May 2006
Hillsboro, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2006

We recently stayed at the BEAUTIFUL AMERICUS GARDEN INN celebrating our 16th Wedding Anniversary and it was FABULOUS!!!. Innkeepers Susan and Kim are Wonderful People and so very helpful with the Beautiful Things to do and Places to eat in their Lovely Americus. Highly Recommend this WONDERFUL Bed and Breakfast. Delicious Breakfast and a Lovely Historic Home. Looking forward to our next visit to the Lovely Americus Garden Inn.

• Stayed May 2006
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2006

My wife & I were vendors at the SEFF event and needed a place to stay. The Americus Garden Inn B&B came highly recommended by the event director, so I checked out their website. I was immediately attracted to the Executive Suite in the Schoolhouse and called Susan to made the reservations.

Now, I gotta tell you that we had never stayed at a B&B before, so we didn't know what to expect. What we found here with Kim & Susan was not only a beautiful home, Schoolhouse and grounds, but hosts that were very helpful, informative and gracious.

Since we were vendors at the SEFF event, we were leaving the suite very early and arriving back late. The Schoolhouse Executive suite provided us with privacy and enabled us to not disturb the other guests with our comings & goings. We also had the kitchen in the Schoolhouse which helped us to keep the meal costs down.

If you are planning on visiting Americus, GA, be sure to stay at the Americus Garden Inn B&B. You will not only have a relaxing stay, you will leave with memories of a beautiful home and two new friends in kim & Susan.

Oh! I almost forgot! Do not miss Susan's breakfast. We were only able to eat breakfast at the inn twice and wish that we could have eaten there every morning. Since we could not make all of the breakfasts, Susan stocked the kitchen in the Schoolhouse Executive Suite for us. Kim is an excellent server at the breakfast and is always courtious and helpful. What great hosts!

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2006

A few weeks ago I decided to surprise my wife for her retirement and birthday by taking her to a bed and breakfast which I fortunately found on the internet. This is something we always wanted to do even though we have been all over the world and the US we have never experienced a bed and breakfast.

Kim and Susan met us at the door of this lovely precivilwar home and their southern hospitality made us feel very welcome in their home. They treated us as though they knew us forever. Susans hospitality was reflected even more as we entered our bueatiful room with a balcony overlooking a gorgeous view, She supplied a happy birthday banner over our door as well as a lovely buequet of roses, several fragrent candles burning throughout, silk sheets scatterred with rose petals and a basket of fragrent soaps and lotions.

Susans breakfasts far surpassed all my expectations, from her unique choice of breakfast foods, to her appetising presentation and bueatifully decorated dining room. We plan on making Americus Gardens an annual stopover, to renew fond memmories and visit our new friends Kim and Susan.

• Stayed May 2006
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2006

My new husband and I were looking for several things in a honeymoon destination, and we found ALL of them and more at the Americus Garden Inn!

When we drove up to the house on Friday we were taken by the charming facade and interesting rock sculpture decorating the front gardens, we were greeted with a very warm welcome from Kim Egelseer as he helped us with our bags and showed us in. After a brief orientation to the Inn and its history, we made our way to our room where Susan had displayed a "Congratulations" banner over the door, it really made us smile and was just one of the kind things they did to make our weekend so special.

We stayed in the Scarlett Suite and what a great choice THAT was! The first word out of my mouth was "Wow", it was such a spacious room and right away we could tell how great the weekend was going to be. There was a huge King Size bed , impeccably made with silk sheets ( part of our Sensations package) and gourmet chocolates centered in a glass dish in front of the extremely comfortable hypo-allergenic feather pillows. I have a get one for my bed at home now!

Along with the Sensations package that I ordered, I also ordered a special treat for our honeymoon and Kim and Susan were only too happy to assist. On the coffee table in the sitting area of our room sat a platter of chocolate dipped strawberries and a bottle of champagne chilling in an ice bucket beside some champagne flutes. They thought of everything , they even included some little plates with linen napkins and silverware for us...wow, such attention to detail is really appreciated.

One of our favorite parts of our stay were the gourmet breakfasts we experienced in the elegant dining room.
We chose to sit at a smaller table by the bay window where we could watch the birds outside enjoying their breakfast from the birdfeeders that hung in the garden. The table was set beautifully with linen napkins and silverware placed perfectly. Jonathan and I both enjoyed a cup of hot tea and Kim brought us some glasses of fruit juice that we selected from the long list of choices.

Breakfast every morning came in 3 courses! All devine and beautifully presented , Susan is not only a wonderful chef but she went to great lengths to incorporate my husbands favorite - blueberries- in every breakfast menu. How great is that?! From delicious blueberry muffins (he ate 3 of them!) to his favorite - blueberry pancakes. Sitting in that dining room, eating delicous food and having classical music playing in the background, really made us feel special and calm.

There were sodas , water , tea and coffee always available in the open dining room and even to-go cups if you wanted to take some refreshment with you while you tour the area. We really liked the fact they they thought of everything!

Not only do they know what they are doing when it comes to service , quality and convenience for their guests but they are such a nice couple! So kind , so friendly and they really make you feel like you are staying in your best friends house! You can pick a movie from the wide selection they have on display to watch in your room or sit in the living room and read a book or stroll in the gardens surrounding the house.
The koi pond was one of my favorite features of the garden.

Jonathan really appreciated the extensive restaurant guide in our room that contained menus , contact numbers and even how long of a drive it is to that specific restaurant! SO helpful and a great idea! Kim even made a reservation for us at a really romantic restaurant where we watched the sun set over a lake and the drive there and back was really relaxing.

There is so much more to tell and so much that we truly appreciated but you will just have to experience it for yourself! Our honeymoon was just what we were looking for, a quiet place to relax, be pampered and just enjoy a romantic lovely weekend, and thats exactly what we experienced at the Americus Garden Inn, thanks to Kim and Susan and all the special touches, from the rose petals on our bed to the strawberries and champagne. We cant wait to go back as soon as possible!!!

• Stayed April 2006
Marietta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2006

My husband, 16 year old son and I enjoyed a lovely relaxing stay at the Americus Garden Inn. We arrived late Saturday evening, but Kim and Susan were still so gracious showing us the inn and telling us the history of the house. We had the school house to ourselves which fit the three us very comfortably.
However the highlight of our visit was the delightful breakfast the next morning. We were on our way to Plains to attend Sunday school with the Carters at Maranatha Baptist Church, so we did not expect breakfast would be ready quite so early in the morning. Susan had prepared a delicious breakfast of date nut bread, fresh fruit and a farmers omelet. She even prepared special johnny cakes for me since I have a wheat intolerance. The hospitatlity was so warm and personal - it was the perfect start to a wonderful day. Even though we were pressed for time we enjoyed looking out the window at all the birds gathering at the bird feeders. We hope we can come back soon.

• Stayed April 2006

Been to Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!