“The Absolute BEST of the BEST” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Americus
Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast
504 Rees Park, Americus, GA 31709   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Americus B&B and Inns
Sylvania, Georgia
“The Absolute BEST of the BEST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2009

As a solo business traveler, I was looking for a place that was safe and secure. I found this with the Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast. The hosts, Kim & Susan, are a wonderful couple who obviously love running the inn. Every afternoon, I was greeted at the door with a smile, a hug and a "welcome home". After spending fourteen nights at the inn, it was home. I truly enjoyed having access to the beautiful baby grand piano in the living room. Kim and Susan know the area and can recommend places to eat and the local tourist attractions. The house is absolutely gorgeous with each room decorated in a "theme". Over the time I spent there, I stayed in three different rooms. Each of these rooms were immaculately clean. I especially enjoyed the homemade cookies and brownies that were waiting on me in the afternoons. The gardens are beautiful, well kept and interesting. If you are in the Americus Georgia area and have the need to stay overnight, you have to check out the Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast. You will absolutely love it and you will leave there knowing it is the ABSOLUTE BEST of the BEST. I can not say enough about Kim & Susan - they are wonderful. I am currently planning a return trip to the inn - this time a pleasure trip. I anxiously await seeing them again and spending time in their wonderful home. Come visit with them and here them welcome you home.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

590 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2009

Located between Andersonville and Plains, Ga., this bed and breakfast is immaculate and definitely the place to be while in Americus. It is a beautiful old southern home with a hostess who is extremely hospitable and whose taste is discriminating. The breakfast looks like a food magazine cover and is equally tasty!

Kennesaw, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2009

I wanted to do something unique to celebrate my husband's 49th birthday, so part of my plans included an overnight stay at this lovely home. This was our very first experience staying at a Bed & Breakfast, and while I knew it would be a memorable experience, I had no idea how luxuriously pampered we would be! I made the reservations approximately 6 weeks in advance. Susan, one of the inn keepers, called me and we discussed the purpose of our stay, and if there were any dietary needs. I told her that my husband, Tom, and I were celebrating his birthday, and that I am an ovo-lacto vegetarian (non-meat eater). Right then and there she offered some fabulous breakfast ideas, which I whole-heartedly agreed to! I could hardly wait for the scrumptious breakfast she offered, in addition to staying in such a gorgeous, historical home! Once Tom and I arrived at the house, Susan gave us all kinds of recommendations and a map with directions to various places of interest and restaurants. She also introduced us to another guest and gave a tour of the main areas of the house. In the parlor, there was a guitar and a grand piano, beckoning to us! I don't know how to play piano very well, but I knew I couldn't wait to put my hands on it later in the evening! Once we reached our "balcony suite", we were delighted to see a "Happy Birthday" banner hung across the doorway! Tom and I were very interested in the history of the house and the area, and Susan lingered to talk with us at great length to satisfy our curiosity. She truly is a "people-person" and is very knowledgeable and fun to talk to! Before she left for the evening, Susan baked an incredibly yummy batch of chocolate brownies and left some for Tom and I, as well as a wide assortment of complimentary snacks and beverages to enjoy. And the room ~ oh, it was so beautiful. So elegant and comfortable. And there was a little dish on our bed, filled with an assortment of chocolates. We truly felt spoiled. That evening, we enjoyed a glass of wine on the balcony glider swing. The gardens were lit and we could hear the soft trickle of the water fountain in the koi pond. And that morning, we watched the sun rise to some fabulously brewed coffee and gazed at the gorgeous gardens. Once we headed downstairs for breakfast, we could smell such delicious aromas coming from the kitchen! A 3-course breakfast awaited us ~ all homemade, and some of the items were Susan's very own recipes. Everything was absolutely delicious. This was the best breakfast of my LIFE! I highly recommend this beautiful Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast to anyone. Once you've been here, you'll probably never be truly satisfied to stay in a hotel.

Duluth, Ga.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

Large, comfortable, well appointed and very clean rooms; beautiful grounds and charming hostess/owner! Then top it off in the AM with a breakfast to die for. Make sure you snap a pic of the beautifully presented food before you dovour it. Susan was born to to be a B & B owner. She our stay a delight. The Pittards' , Duluth, Ga.

florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

We stayed at the bed and breakfast a couple of nights and could not have had a better experience. The hosts were just top notch; made recommendations of things to see in the area and were never intrusive. Quiet and lovely. Wonderful breakfasts, snacks, coffee, etc.
This is one of the best I've stayed in and look forward to a return visit.
L.R. Baldwin

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

Kim & Sue create a unique combination of the friendliness of family, helpfulness of a personal tour guide, and the incomparable culinary experience of the best chef to provide visitors with a special travel experience. This B&B is one of the best I've ever visited, and I've traveled around the world.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
lep8149
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

I knew after talking on the phone with Susan, that we were in for an absolutely wonderful experience. When we pulled into the driveway, we took a step back in time. The Garden Inn is a beautiful antebellum home with an expertly maintained garden and landscape. We were welcomed on the porch by our hosts Susan and Kim and were offered fresh baked chocolate chip cookies still warm from the oven. It was like coming home from a very long trip. Susan and Kim are simply wonderful caring people who love their inn and catering to their guests. They were very helpful in suggesting places to eat and area attractions. The Magnolia Suite was magnificent down to the smallest detail and was absolutely spotless. The highlight of our stay had to be that "Welcome Home Feeling" from Susan and Kim and Susan's gourmet breakfast fit for a king. The only thing that we didn't like was having to leave on Sunday morning. We will definitely be back in the Fall, hopefully for a longer visit.
Larry and Vicki

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!