“An Anniversary Getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Americus
Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast
You added Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
504 Rees Park, Americus, GA 31709   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Americus B&B and Inns
“An Anniversary Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2005

Two wonderful nights with sightseeing jaunts to Jimmy Carter's Plains, Ga., and to Andersonville, that terrible monument to the horrors of war. Breakfasts were absolutely terrific, and ample refreshments were out for taking 24 hours. Hosts Kim and Susan obviously are devoting their signifnicant labor and tremendous love on this inn. Kim's knowledge and help with area dining spots and historical sites was truly outstanding, and Susan works hard to deliver unique dishes. We were impressed with the many, many area reference pieces available at the inn. That's not to mention the comfortable surroundings and furnishings in this 1847 masterpiece. We enjoyed this greatly and plan to return.

• Stayed August 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Covington, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2005

Good ole' Southern charm and hospitality awaits you. From the moment we drove up the driveway, we knew we were in for a special treat. We were greeted at the door by our first names (quite impressive). After being so warmly welcomed, Kim gave us a history of the house, a tour of the first floor, went over all the ammeneties, and informed us of the best restaurants and places to visit, while the smells from Susan's kitchen were tantalizing my tastebuds!

Even though I discovered this B&B over the internet and knew it was where I wanted to stay, I called and talked with Susan. She was so personable and friendly and so helpful. She suggested the right room for us and spent about 30 minutes with me. I felt like we were friends after our conversation.

I have been to other B&B's, but I can honestly say Kim and Susan have the highest standards and give you so much for the price which is very reasonable. They are right there for your every need or request.

Oh boy, now it's time to tell you something about the breakfast you've anticipated!!! It's as good as everyone else describes and upon request, Susan will even give you a receipe. I enjoy cooking, but I'll be honest here, #1 I could never come close to Susan's cooking and #2 I don't think I could find the time to prepare them. I never realized how much work went into some of the delicious dishes you will receive. All I can say is, evidently, Susan puts much time, effort, and love into preparing them. You will not go away hungry!

Will I come back? You can certainly count on it. My hat goes off to Kim and Susan. So, if you're looking for the perfect place to stay, look no further.

In fact, I would give Kim and Susan the "B&B Inn Keepers of the Year" award!

Stayed August 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2005

I had the absolute pleasure in staying at the Americus B&B. The history, the decor, and the host and hostess were impeccable. Being a military family member, I have had the opportunity to travel and stay in many establishments, however, the experience I had with Susan and Kem will last a lifetime. I can't wait to share this experience with other friends and family. The house is beautiful. Being able to step into the past and use your imagination into a world that seems so long ago was adventurous. If you have an opportunity, please treat yourself to a wonderful experience. Belive me it will do your soul justice. Thank you for a wonderful opportunity, and I do look forward to seeing you again, and again, and again.

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2005

My family met in Americus, Georgia, where our parents and grandparents and great parents are from and all stayed at the Americus Garden Inn. We had the greatest time there, the inn was incredibly gorgeous and the innkeepers, Kim and Susan, showed us the true meaning of Southern Hospitality. This lady is an amazing cook and served us the most wonderful dishes. Their recommendations and guidance were helpful. They never stopped for a minute, and on our way out, gave us wonderful goodies they had left over from our breakfast.

We all agreed we should make this an annual affair.

AMERICUS GARDEN INN ROCKS!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2005

From the moment of our arrival to the last goodbye, our experience at the Americus Garden Inn is one for memories. We were treated as royalty and yet the common touch was not forgotten,with our host - Kim & Susan. The accomodations were just as advertised, clean, quiet & a trip back in time. The breakfast was made with old fashion integrity. WE will be back.

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2005

My wife and I traveled from Rincon Ga. to Americus for a short get away. We enjoyed staying at the Americus Garden Inn and visiting with Susan and Kim which were the most gracious host. The Breakfasts were great and Kim shared her reciepes. We also visited Plains and the Andersonville on the 4th to watch the fireworks. I look forward in traveling to Americus again and would love to stay at the Americus Garden Inn again.

• Stayed July 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2005

Recently we spent two nights at the Americus Garden Inn in Americus, GA.
We have stayed at several bed and breakfasts, but Garden Inn proved to be the best.

The house is old and very charming. The rooms are large with such comfortable beds and private baths. Kim and Susan were so gracious and helpful. Kim took extra time to tell us about historic places nearby and wonderful places to eat.

The breakfasts are delicious, especially the angel flake biscuits. They, alone, are worth a trip back in the future.

This is truly a great place to spend some time. They make you feel like family.

Stayed July 2005

Been to Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!