“Treat yourself to a wonderful B&B experience - just 30 miles off of I-75.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Americus
Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast
You added Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
504 Rees Park, Americus, GA 31709   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Americus B&B and Inns
West Chester, PA
“Treat yourself to a wonderful B&B experience - just 30 miles off of I-75.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2009

My daughter and husband stayed at the Americus Garden Inn, and upon driving away, called me to say I must stop there on our planned road trip to FL. I'm so glad we took her advice! The house and gardens are beautiful and owner Susan, is warm, friendly and knowledgeable. I could go on and on raving about it, but I'll just say, "Take my advice - make a reservation for yourself when in the area".

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Marshall, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2009

On our way to Florida, we booked one night at the Garden Inn to rest and relax, and we accomplished both. Susan is a great innkeeper and met us at the door as we pulled up. The Inn is beautiful, with a lovely detailed interior. Our room had all the luxuries of home and the bed was very comfortable. The next morning Susan and Kim served an outstanding breakfast, one that I had been looking forward too since reading the reviews. She didn't disappoint! We highly recommend their B&B for any weary travelers looking to relax or tourists stopping to see the various sights of Americus, GA. I would definitely go back! Thank you Susan and Kim.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2009

This was my first stay at a B&B. When I saw Susan's welcoming smile, I knew this was going to be a very welcome change from staying at hotels. Susan has extensive knowledge of the house, places to eat and area attractions. The B&B was absolutely gorgeous! All the rooms were inviting and very comfortable. The big comfy bed was the best!
I can't say enough about Susan's breakfasts. Who else offers a 3 course breakfast with food that is to die for? You walk away totally satisfied. And if you have any special dietary requirements or favorite fruity flavors (blueberries anyone??), just ask. She does her very best to accomodate.
Susan and Kim (who I hope to meet next time) have put a lot of effort into beautifying their gardens after the tornado last year. It was relaxing to walk along the paths in the garden and see all the plants. The gazebo was a great place for my dad and I to "wine-down" after a long day on the road.
I am really looking forward to returning.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Fort Montgomery, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2009

We stayed here for a single night after touring the Andersonville sights and before going to Jimmy Carter's Sunday school class and seeing the other attractions in nearby Plains. When I called for the reservation, Susan went out of her way to provide tips for making the most out of a day in Andersonville. These turned out to be extremely helpful, and her husband and co-host Kim provided tips for the attractions in Plains after we checked in. We stayed in the Scarlett suite, which was immaculately clean, plush, romantic, and comfortable. Breakfast the next morning was yummy and filling. Susan has perfected dozens upon dozens of special pancake recipes; the ones she was serving that morning incorporated bits of sausage in the batter, which may sound odd but they were just delightful. Our only regret was that we were on a short trip and could stay only that one night. Highly recommended; these warm yet professional hosts will take great care of you!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Newnan, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2009

We intended to write this review as soon as we returned from our trip to Americus, but failed to do so. We plan to book a room(s) for a return visit with family and decided we needed to commend Kim and Susan for the wonderful B&B experience. It is a beautiful Victorian home, lovingly restored, in a quiet neighborhood. Kim helped us find a church for the next morning and supplied information on the restaurant scene and other points of interest in the area. The next morning, we were amazed to partake of a breakfast fit for a king as we visited with the other guests, many of whom were repeat visitors. Susan loves to bake and it shows in every dish she prepares. She is a wonderful chef! Not only are they great hosts in a great Inn, they are genuinely great people who love to pamper their guests.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2009

The Americus Garden Inn Bed and Breakfast was a great find! My husband and I stayed there for a romantic getaway, and we were not disappointed. Susan is a wonderful hostess; the inn was beautiful; our room was so comfortable; everything was spotless; and, last, but not least, the breakfast Susan made for us was one of the best I've ever had! It was a wonderful, relaxing getaway, and we would definitely go back.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2009

The personal attention given us by Kim and Susan made this an experience to remember. From the moment we were greeted on the back porch, we knew that we were in good hands. While the house is beautiful and tastefully decorated, it was the service and the food that made the Americus Garden Inn a truly memorable B&B. We had never been to Americus before, but we would go back in a heartbeat if we knew the Garden Inn had room for us. In addition to the B&B itself, the suggestions for a restaurant (The Trellis) and show (at the Rylander Theater) made for a very memorable evening. The Americus Garden Inn is worth driving out of your way to experience!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family

Been to Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!