“Welcome Home!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Americus
Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
504 Rees Park, Americus, GA 31709   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Americus B&B and Inns

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2004

My husband and I made reservations at the Americus Garden Inn to celebrate our 20th anniversary. We had no idea our trip would take place on the coat tails of an awful hurricane named Ivan. We were beat and tired from helping all of our neighbors with yard work and fighting the traffic in the aftermath of the storm. When we arrived we were greeted with enthusiam and warmth. We have stayed in several bed and breakfasts in the south and this one is absolutely one of the best. Kim and Susan are truly the most gracious host and hostess we have ever come across before. They have a lovely home and they have given careful attention to every detail to make sure all of the guest's needs are met. Breakfast is unbelievable at this place. You have to go and experience it for yourself. We highly recommend it and look forward to our next visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2004

I had decided that I wanted to spend a romantic weekend with my husband for our 16th wedding anniversary. I finally settled on the Garden Inn B&B in Americus, Georgia, after looking at many places on the internet. Of course anytime you book something through the internet you are always a little leary.. The Garden Inn B&B was Wonderful Beyond Words.... The owners made sure to take care of our every need, and at the same time made you feel just like family.... We will definitely be returning in the near furture and are even giving some friends a weekend at the B&B as a Christmas Gift. I just want to thank the owners for their wonderful hospitalityand making this one of the best weekends my husband and I have ever had.
Heather Bowen
Warner Robins, Georgia

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2004

I'm a business traveller and find hotels to be a real "downer." Garden Inn was a geat experience. I can't wait to go back. The inn is very pleasant and restful. Kim and Susan have such a wonderful way of hosting. I felt like they genuinely enjoyed having me stay with them.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2004

We both thoroughly enjoyed this Victorian home surrounded by a neighborhood of stately houses within easy walking distance. My wife enjoys the warmth of this beautiful home, while I am pleased to find all of today’s comforts.

Susan and Kim bring the whole “get-away” experience together. These gracious hosts always make each visit more special than the previous. Be it providing the best local dining, sites of interest, or our most favorite, the delicious three-course breakfasts, the Americus Garden Inn is unsurpassed of all the B&Bs that we have visited. We recommend it to all of our friends and look forward to staying there again, and again, and (very soon) again.

Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2004

For our 15th anniversary, my husband & I decided to try a short stay at a romantic bed and breakfast close to home. This inn was without a doubt, the perfect choice. Our room (Scarlet Suite) was WONDERFUL...very roomy and charming... everything the website promised. It was the middle of the week and we wound up with the entire house to ourselves...talk about romantic! It was such a beautiful place and we were made welcome immediately by our hosts. We had anything we could ask for - movies, games, music, helpful dining advise, refreshments, midnight snacks and much needed peace and tranquility (we have three small children). After a wonderful, very restful night, we were treated to an absolutely scrumptious 3 course breakfast! I'm planning to make this an annual anniversary trip.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2004

We recently had the opportunity to visit Americus, Georgia. Our actual mission was to attend President Carter's Sunday School Class in Plains, Georgia. However, accommodations in Plains, are extremely limited at best. We happened upon the web site for the Americus Garden Inn, a B&B in an old Victorian home, three minutes from downtown Americus. Upon arrival, we were struck by the beauty and majesty of this mid-1800's home. Dealing with first things first, Susan and Kim ( a husband and wife team ) immediately gave us a tour of their home/inn, complete with family history and antidotes about a "warm"presence and the experiences of other guest. Our hosts were extremely well informed about their community, its history and things to see and do, as well as outstanding recommendations about local restaurants and the entire Plains leg of our trip.
It has been our experience that breakfast at a normal B&B, usually consist of fresh fruit, coffee and breakfast breads. The Americus Inn is far from the ordinary. Susan, a gourmet cook and certified nutritionist goes our of her way to create exciting hot entrees incorporating the local produce and the latest in healthy eating trends. It is delicious.
The next time our path goes anywhere near Americus, you can rest assured that we will again find ourselves being served breakfast by Kim the delicacies created by Susan. Hopefully she will have the orange whole wheat pancakes again!
We rate it six (******) stars.

• Stayed July 2004, traveled on business

Been to Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!