“Best B&B ever!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Americus
Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast
You added Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
504 Rees Park, Americus, GA 31709   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Americus B&B and Inns
“Best B&B ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My sister and I had to come to Americus for a funeral back in 2011. My sister got lucky and found this amazing B&B. They took the very best care of us during an unpleasant time. So when we had to return to Americus for yet another funeral in December 2014, our first phone call was to Susan. And once again, her and her husband took wonderful care of us during this time. They made their home feel like 'our' home and took care of anything we needed.
They may never truly know how much we appreciate them. Thank you again Kim and Susan for such a remarkable and unforgettable visit. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have now stayed with at AGI 4 times. 3 of those in the Magnolia Suite with my sister - an annual Sisters Getaway. Once in the Verandah Suite with my husband for a much needed break. Kim and Susan are consistently wonderful and gracious hosts, making us feel very welcome and adding nice little touches to make our stay all it can be. The Inn is spotless, the food is fabulous. I just can't say enough good things about AGI and plan to return as often as I can.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Opelika, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I just completed my third stay at AGI. My sister and I find it to be a perfect location to spend time together and decompress. I find all of the details of the historic inn fascinating. The hosts are always gracious in indulging my questions and curiosity regarding the property. The rooms are grand and comfortable. Most have gorgeous hardwood floors and antique fireplace details to create a cozy atmosphere. The grounds and gardens are well tended with multiple quiet areas for enjoying the view. The house has beautiful covered porches that are perfect for sipping a beverage and enjoying your surroundings. If you desire, a friendly resident feline will be glad to keep you company or show you around outside (they do not come in with the guests). One of the best parts of the stay is the hospitality offered by Kim and Susan. They are a delightful couple who strives to exceeded all of your expectations. They have always been more than willing to work with us to make that stay perfect. On top of all this, there are the breakfasts! Susan is a fabulous chef who utilizes creative ingredients (including fruit and nuts from the gardens when in season) to create a multi course masterpiece guaranteed to wow you. She also happily accommodates special dietary requests when provided in advance. For later in the day there are also snacks and drinks available. A unique touch I enjoyed this visit was the vintage aluminum Christmas tree that graced the parlor. It was Kim's growing up and he gladdly told us about it. It is wonderful to be treated as family instead of just another customer. The AGI is perfect for those who prefer an personal touch to their stay instead of just a bed.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Winter Haven, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Yes, my brother owns a very successful B&B. Yes, we are aware Americus Garden Inn has an incredible number of positive reviews on trip advisor. Yes, my brother paid for our visit to Americus. Yes, we were spies - of sorts. From the moment we arrived at AGI we felt welcome. "Welcome to our home," Susan said. We felt welcome. Kim explained the history of the home during the wonderful tour. James Kelso Daniel built the home in 1847. He was the young son of James Kelso Daniel, Senior who married Sarah Gibson of Wilkes County, Ga, moved to Americus and may well have been a cotton broker in addition to running a large cotton plantation near Americus. Check the 1830 and 1840 census and you'll find these folks and record of their wealth. The home is extravagant with grand parlor, dining room, porches and a unique double staircase providing access to both the formal front entrance and the more informal back porch entrance. The house was "victorianized" around the turn of the last century leaving ornate fireplaces, woodwork, and other artifacts as part of the "update." Look carefully and you will find remnants of the earliest constriction including the most remarkable dining room woodwork. My guess is that it is original to the first iteration. The heart of pine floor are most remarkable. Then again the staircase! So why the high number of positive reviews? Could it be the details? Heated coffee cups, special proprietary coffee, magnificent gardens, or detailed travel advice? Certainly the food was beyond explanation. Wonderful! Susan could prepare a unique omelet everyday for 30 days - and we guessed favors, nuances, and ingredients for hours after breakfast. Maybe the photos as we left, the meticulous attention to our travel plans (Plaines and Andersonville), or is the secret Kim and Susan's focus on their guests? During our two day stay Kim and Susan spent more than five hours with us. We stayed away from the elegant (and expensive) eateries and headed to Pat's Place. Yes, there are "funky" Americus properties! It was Kim and Susan's suggestion and we loved it. Everywhere we went we told people we were guests at AGI. Everywhere we went we listened to comments about this bed and breakfast. All were positive (some a bit envious). So did we learn their secrets? You should visit this remarkable property for yourself - and I'll save the best for your insight. Neat place.

Room Tip: Spend as much time as you can with Susan and Kim! Take time to walk through the giant gardens! I t...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed at the Americus Garden Inn in the Magnolia Room last weekend, and enjoyed it immensely-- I wish we had another day to relax there. Wifi, videos, books, a comfortable house, extra snacks and beverages in the breakfast room... so much available for a guest's pleasure! Susan prepares a delicious breakfast for you, and is very attentive to food allergies. Kim is a great host, very knowledgeable about Americus and the surrounding area. They both gave us "insider tips" to maximize our planned Sunday School class with Jimmy Carter in Plains. We hope to return in the spring so we can see the garden in bloom. Thank you for such a nice weekend, Susan and Kim.

Room Tip: The sunny Magnolia Room has two beds, and is great for a small family.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Americas Garden Inn is the
Perfect location for a weekend of romance. The Victorian home is a step back in time with breakfasts that are delicious. You leave wishing Susan was your personal chef. Kim and Susan treat you as family and they will make sure your accommodations are To your liking.

• Stayed November 2014
Parrish, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My bride and I had a wonderful experience staying at the Americus Garden Inn. The owners were extremely nice and very informative about the local area. The breakfasts were excellent.....I found myself looking to see what we were having in the morning before I went to bed. My parents plan on staying there in the future.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Americus-Garden-Inn, Owner at Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Anne Marie:
Congratulations, again, on your wedding. We wish you a lifetime of love and happy memories!
We know that Americus would probably not be the first choice for most people to celebrate their honeymoon. Americus is a small town, it's quiet, nothing too exciting happens. But, for people looking for a place to explore historic sites, hike Georgia's little Grand Canyon or even go to Sunday School taught by President Jimmy Carter, Americus is the right place.
It was our pleasure providing you with a special place to start your lives together and we hope you will return to the Americus Garden Inn as a place of renewal and refreshment.
Warm regards,
Kim and Susan Egelseer
Innkeepers/Owners

Been to Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!