“A Wonderful B&B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Americus
Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast
504 Rees Park, Americus, GA 31709   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Americus B&B and Inns
Clarksville, Tennessee
“A Wonderful B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2008

Found this place on TripAdvisor and it more than lived up to its reviews. Susan and Kim go overboard to make sure that you have a great time. They are very knowledgeable about the attractions in the area and will help you to plan your side trips. Their recommendations for dinner were all on target.

Breakfast began each day with muffins and ended with pancakes. Fresh fruit was also a part of the meal. Susan is an excellent cook and the food was absolutely yummy.

My favorite place was the breakfast room. Cold and hot drinks were always available with homemade biscotti and fruit. The trip was a girl's week out so my friend and I were able to spend hours getting caught up on our busy lives in a cozy atmosphere.

This was the first place on our agenda and it was a great beginning to a wonderful week.

592 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Clarksville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2008

My husband is a business traveler, and he had stayed with Kim and Susan for ten months while working in Americus during 2004 and into 2005. Over and over again, he had told me how much he enjoyed his stay at the B & B and how much he liked Kim and Susan. He kept promising that one day we would go there for a getaway. Then, this past spring, he was assigned to work in Americus once again. However, this time, I was able to go with him for a couple of weeks during the summer. I was a B & B virgin, and my visit to Americus Garden Inn and the time I spent with Kim and Susan was a wonderful first (and second) experience.

Americus Garden Inn is a wonderful place for business travelers to stay. Kim and Susan go out of their way to accommodate the needs of a business traveler. They made arrangements to see that my husband had an opportunity to have breakfast even though he had to leave for work before the standard time breakfast is served. Kim went beyond the call of duty to make certain my husband had Internet access so that he could work way into the night. No problem was too large or too small for Kim and Susan to address, and they always did so with big smiles.

I myself experienced the Inn as a lady of leisure, and I have never felt more at home while away from home. Susan is a wonderful cook. I so enjoyed waking to mouthwatering treats such as Spinach Frittatas and Strawberry Yogurt pancakes. Every day was a culinary delight, and if Susan knows of any special dietary needs or desires, she will do all she can to meet those needs.

The facility itself is lovely, and I so enjoyed rocking on the porch in the mornings or reading a book in the sitting room in the evenings. Walking around this small rural town is a joy in and of itself, and it is a short drive to Andersonville and Jimmy Carter’s compound, so history lovers will enjoy the area, too.

Americus Garden Inn is not only a wonderful location for honeymooners, those on vacation, those interested in history, and those who find rest and relaxation in small towns, but it is also a great place for business travelers. I look forward to my next chance to spend a night or two or more with my new friends, Kim and Susan, in their lovely Americus Garden Inn B & B.

• Liked — Food and Friendliness of Owners
  • Disliked — It was hot in GA at that time of the year, so it was hot when walking outside. :-)
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2008

This was the best stay on our honeymoon! The owners are some of the most personable individuals we have ever met. The room(the Scarlet Suite) was HUGE and well appointed. The house was quiet and comfortable. Breakfast was amazing. Served in 3 courses, it was one of the best we have ever enjoyed! We will be staying here again whenever our travels take us close to Americus.

• Liked — Peaceful
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
BIRMINGHAM, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2008

I can only echo the chorus of happy guests who have had the pleasure of staying at the Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast. This historic home with all the grace and charm of a gentler time is a perfect retreat from the pressures of the urban/workday world. Hosts Kim and Susan know their history and will share their knowledge and experience about a number of interesting and important historical sites in the area. I would recommend a road trip, weekend get-away at Americus to anyone. Even though the rooms and beds are so comfortable and inviting you could hole up in your room the entire weekend, you won't want to sleep through breakfast! And, if you are very lucky you might just visit when Susan is in the mood to bake Kim's favorite recipe chocolate biscotti!

• Liked — hosts, cleanliness, food, hospitality
  • Disliked — no pool or hot tub
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2008

This B&B is a charming victorian home. The accommodations are very comfortable and include all amenities. Our room was spacious and very comfortable. Susan and Kim, the innkeepers, are the best. They pay attention to every detail. They were available but not hovering. The living room area was very comfortable and we enjoyed an after dinner visit with my sister and her husband, who were also guests. The breakfast was fabulous--everything homemade and great coffee. The town of Americus has many older, restored homes; the area offers several historical sites. We were about 10 miles from Plains, Georgia, home of former President Jimmy Carter.

We will definitely return to the Americus Garden Inn!

• Liked — very comfortable, delivered everything as promised
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2008

Susan and Kim are excellent hosts. The "breakfast" in "bed and breakfast" takes on new meaning in Susan's kitchen. Every morning a delicious, healthy and visually beautiful culinary feast. (She gladly accommodated a food allergy or two, as well). The rooms are varied one to the next (over the years I've stayed in 4 different ones) but each is decorated with exquisite taste with no sacrifice in comfort. The setting benefits from Kim's lovely gardening and tons of light. It's worth heading south (or north) with the Americus Garden Inn as your destination. One of a kind, for sure.

• Liked — Serenity
  • Disliked — I couldn't stay longer
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
Panama City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2008

loved our stay. we stayed in the scarlett suite. breakfast was wonderful. we basically had the house to ourselves. Kim and susan were great.

we will definitely visit again, hopefully soon.

ryan
panama city, fl.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!