“A Little Bit of Heaven” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BlueBelize

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Punta Gorda
BlueBelize
You added BlueBelize to your Saves list
139 Front Street, Punta Gorda, Belize   |
Ranked #5 of 18 Punta Gorda B&B and Inns
Fort Myers, Florida
“A Little Bit of Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

This bed and breakfast lives up to the great reviews I had read about it before going to PG. Although Rachel, the owner, was away on vacation, she left this gem in the capable hands of Estella and Estella's husband. Having driven down from Belize City, I was exhausted when I arrived. The last thing I wanted was to end up in some dump. I just wanted a little bit to eat and a quiet place to relax and go to sleep. What a delight the Blue Belize is. The nicely furnished two room flat is accessed by the large veranda that overlooks the sea. where I spent early mornings and the evenings. Breakfast consists of a large serving and excellent variety of fresh fruit and wonderful homemade fruit bread and juice. Peeps, and sometimes Nola, the two family dogs kept watch over me and the household as I slept. Peeps slept just outside my door and gave me a complete sense of security, although there was nothing either at the Blue Belize or in Punta Gorda that made me feel insecure. The bathroom is very nicely equipted, and the peppermint soap that Rachel has in the showers is heavenly. The grounds abound with beautiful trees and flowers and are well maintained. Down the unpaved road that leads to the Inn, there is a nightly gathering of drummers that add to the wonderful ambience and the crowing of roosters in the morning let you know when it is time to get up. It was three days into my stay before I saw a clock anywhere in town and I knew I was truely on vacation. Thanks, Rachel and Estella for a wonderful look as what life is like in Punta Gorda....a little piece of Heaven.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2010

The Blue Belize was fantastic! We looked at several other places in P.G. and none of them came even close. Our room was spacious, immaculate, and had stunning views of the ocean and the coast of Guatemala. The beds are very comfortable and the pillows too (a bit of a rarety in Belize:) Rachel was a wonderful host: warm, helpful, and accomodating. She's a marine biologist and gave us loads of information about Belize and its wildlife. Breakfast (which is included in the room price) consisted of fresh fruit, eggs, zucchini bread, etc. All absolute delicious! I think it's probably the best location in P.G. in that it's just on the edge of town so you're not bothered by noise (the nightlife can get really loud in the city center), but everything is still completely accessible. There is no air conditioner, but trust me, you will not need it. The sea breezes kept us plenty cool even though it was about 90 degrees. Wi-fi was fast too.

We had only planned on 1 night, but ended up staying 3 and really didn't want to go even then. All told, we spent a month in Belize at about 10 different places and the Blue Belize was by far the most comfortable and clean. Definitely one of the hilights of our trip!

• Stayed October 2010
Farmington, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

Blue Belize was a VERY PLEASANT surprise!!! The rooms are exceptional, Rachel was a delightful host and our stay was blissful. We arranged our trip to Punta Gorda town coincide with Garifuna Settlement Day, on November 19th and several days prior. Blue Belize is located at the southern end of Front Street, a short, seafront walk into town and the outdoor market on Front Street. It rained in the morning, during the Settlement Day festivities at the dock, but that didn't seem to dampen the enthusiam of the Garifuna crowd. (I understand the PM of Belize was there). In our room you could hear the distant drumming and celebrations that went on for the week prior to Settlement Day, (The Battle of Drums, begins the week before)... This trip and Blue Belize will always be the highlight of our trip to Belize, I especially liked that Blue Belize is in a very picturesque and quiet seafront area of PG, but a very short walk into town...I give it the highest rating of anywhere I have stayed!... Oh, yes, the light breakfast on the lanai was just right!... Thanks Rachel!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
oxford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

We [self, son and girlfriend] rented the 2 bedroom apartment for 5 days. A perfect solution for our PG stay and for anyone visiting the deep south. Rachel and her staff were delightful and helpul. A real gem

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Iowa City, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

Blue Belize was clean and comfortable. Rachel makes the best zucchini bread for breakfast! She always seemed concerned about our comfort and needs. She helped us get taxis and was easily available.
I definitely felt safe at Blue Belize, and I would stay there again in the future.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
La Chaux-de-Fonds, Svizzera
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

The owners are the most friendly and interesting people I met in Belize!
Rooms are perfect!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Belize
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

I left Corozal (Belize) with the intention of driving south to Punta Gorda and then taking the ferry to Guatemala. This was to be a get away vacation. After waking up in the Blue Belize, my plans changed. It was clean, comfortable and quiet with large cool rooms which had beautiful views from the balcony. I stayed another 4 nights and never did get to Guatemala.
Rachel and Dan were perfect hosts. Dan has a well equipped launcha for hire.
If you are going to Punta Gorda, try here first.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo

Been to BlueBelize? Share your experiences!