What attracted me most to this beautiful lodge on the Rio Grande River in the jungle of Belize just outside of Punta Gorda is that they have lodge personnel dedicated to events for non-anglers just as they do for fishing guides for the anglers. The lodge is situation on a knoll in the jungle with beautiful facilities. The dinning is just incredible. The room accommodations are wonderful and the service impeccable. My key reason for going was to catch large permit on a fly. Mission accomplished, one 31.5 lbs and another 25.3 lbs. Just spectacular. After a great day of fishing or seeing the Mayan ruins you can re-unite with your spouse at the rum bar. Not to be missed! The Belizean people are just great, always with a smile on their face and so well mannered. I highly recommend this lodge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Agritourism-chic in Punta Gorda: a Jungle Lodge, organic farm and a 12,000-acre nature reserve Set in the verdant hills above the Caribbean coast of southern Belize in the town of Punta Gorda. From our dock you can embark on our tranquil cruises on the jungle reaches of the Rio Grande, or our guided snorkeling and fishing adventures on the Caribbean Sea. Nim Li Punit and many other attractions are located nearby. At the heart of Belcampo Belize is the Main Lodge with our Jungle Farm Restaurant, the Rum Bar, the Jungle Spa, lounge areas, a swimming pool, and observation decks that open to stunning vistas of the coast, the Maya Mountains and a seemingly endless pristine rainforest. Our 16 individual, spacious suites are well appointed with plush beds, screened fresh-air verandas, and spa-style bathrooms with floor to ceiling tropical rainforest views. Take our private tram to the riverside dock where kayaks and canoes are available for complimentary use on the Rio Grande, or visit our air-conditioned gym. Belcampo Lodge has 16 private suites offering the best in luxury and comfort. A testament to Belize's natural beauty and craftsmanship, nearly every detail, from the woodwork to the tiles to the artwork, is sourced from local artisans. Whether you're relaxing on one of the canopy beds or lounging on your own private veranda, you will experience the magic of the jungle within the comfort of your room. Enjoy a drink in our Rum Room with ingredients sourced from our own Cocktail Garden. Meals (including complimentary breakfast daily) are served in our Jungle Farm restaurant, We produce on-site more than 70% of the food we serve to Lodge guests. With extensive gardens, tropical fruit trees, and livestock, our day-to-day food production is a hive of activity year round. We invite our guests to explore Belcampo Lodge and the surrounding nature reserve through our complimentary self-guided tours. •Canoe/Kayak on the Rio Grande •Onsite Hiking •The Jungle Gym •Mountain Bikes •Farm Tour Optional tours available are: •Snorkeling •Scuba diving •Fly fishing •Birding •Cultural tours ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Belcampo Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belcampo Hotel Punta Gorda
- Belcampo Lodge Belize/Punta Gorda