I've travelled, explored and fly-fished (for Permit) extensively throughout Belize.This was my 4th trip to Punta Gorda and my first overnight visit to Belcampo. It has the perfect combination. The setting spectacular for nature and relaxation. The staff does a great job offering daily cultural and nature tours, and one morning I did a free nature morning walk with Mara (the manager) and Wil (the resident nature expert) that was truly fantastic. The food was excellent all around at Belcampo. My experiences eating in town was poor and even heard reports of people getting sick. Never had a reason to explore further because continued great service and food/drink quality that the resort had to offer. The staff was very professional and accommodating, with Mara (manager) being the true cornerstone of the resort!
-beautiful jungle setting with diverse wildlife
-the farm, eating resort grown fruits and vegetables
-excellent food and drinks
-wonderful tours, waterfalls,ruins, birding,people
-permit fly fishing, excellent habitat and access from the resort. resort is on a river with easy,quick access to the flats.
-isolated beautiful island excursion (with my wife) and custom lunch with linens and ice cool wine
-the staff, awesome all around
Mara- the perfect manager with you ever need addressed and met
- Also Known As:
- Belcampo Hotel
- Belcampo Hotel Punta Gorda
- Belcampo Lodge Belize/Punta Gorda
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- change Primary photo from ownerphoto edit ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and HotelsClick so you can book your Belcampo Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.