“All Around 5 Star Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Punta Gorda
More attraction details
Owner description: ReefCI offer all inclusive Monday-Friday Marine Conservation SCUBA packages on a beautiful Coral Caye in the Caribbean. World class diving, plentiful home cooked food and fun friendly people await you. Learn to dive or further your dive qualifications and help monitor the reef, commercial fish species and capture the invasive lionfish!! Whale shark season is March - June so visit around the full moon and you may also get to swim with these majestic creatures!!!
Sag Harbor, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“All Around 5 Star Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I've been diving over most of the Caribbean for 7 years now, and I have never been diving with safer, more fun, or more knowledgeable instructors/staff than here on Tom Owen's with Reef CI. I spent 4 weeks with Reef CI during March of 2014, and completed my Rescue Diver course with them. I learned more, and experience more hands-on work, than I have with any other PADI instructors at multiple facilities. Not to mention, these rates, are the most affordable rates you will ever find (both in the states, and in the Caribbean). Now for the diving…. Hands down some of the coolest diving I have ever experienced. From the shallow snorkeling, to the deeper wall dives, and everything in between, there is ALWAYS something interesting to see/study and it NEVER gets old. The amount of information gained through the classroom time is a huge plus as well, if you really want to understand the environment around you. Being able to participate in the surveys and lion fish spearing is also very, very cool. It feels great to be able to dive such a beautiful reef system, while at the same time, doing your part to protect it. Reef CI is an excellent organization and I highly recommend it, especially for those that have never been diving and would like to give it a shot! I almost forgot to mention…the food is AMAZING. Best fish I have ever had...

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Spent a fabulous 3 weeks with ReefCI over March & April. Tom Owens Caye is an idyllic setting. The dive training is excellent - I completed my open water and advanced open water, and have come away with a real love of diving. Sessions on fish ID and other aspects of the reef help to bring the underwater world alive.

The staff are friendly, helpful and look after the guests very well. Meals are generous and tasty!

Spot, the island dog, provides lots of entertainment and loves a good cuddle!

Ellicott City, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“A visit to ReefCI”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Where do I start? This place is awesome for people who want to get away from civilization and step of the grid. Diving is the focus of the activities. You can learn for your recreational certification or any other level you wish to peruse. I just finished my advanced open water certification. One of the most interesting aspects of ReefCI is that it's a conservation institute. You are immersed in all that they do in analyzing the reefs around Thomas Owen Caye. Check out there web site for all the facts. Getting started with reservations and pre-departure communications are clear and concise. There office will help you with everything. Jo is in the office and she's the best. You'll be staying in quaint rustic bungalows. The meals are outstanding. The staff is professional and extremely easy to work with. They become friends to you. I love this place. I've been there 3x and want more. The diving sites are outstanding and they can provide you with all the necessary gear to enjoy your snorkeling or diving experinces.

Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Once in a lifetime!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

This was one of those holidays that you will never forget. It goes above and beyond the standard idyllic empty beach holiday and gives you such great experiences in diving, nature, marine life and relaxation. Days are filled with diving, information sessions, fishing, and of course some amazing meals. Reef CI has their daily schedule down pat perfectly, giving enough free time but also enough activities to keep you entertained so you never feel bored. All the staff are extremely friendly and always will to help with anything you need.

Visited January 2014
London, UK
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I had no specific desire to dive nor to undertake marine conservation when I was searching for volunteer opportunities. However, the Reef CI project stood out simply because it looked amazing. As it turned out, it was. The location, people, training and weather were all fantastic and I extended my stay by an additional week to make the most of what I was learning. At the end of three weeks I came away with both my PADI Open Water and Advanced Open Water certifications as well as a much better understanding of marine conservation and the satisfaction of having played a very small part in conserving the fantastic reef of the Sapodilla Cayes. My expectations were definitely exceeded and I would thoroughly recommend this project.