“At D*Victoria Hotel you are always #1” 5 of 5 stars
Review of D*Victoria Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Orange Walk
D*Victoria Hotel
You added D*Victoria Hotel to your Saves list
40 Belize Road, Orange Walk 011501, Belize   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Orange Walk
British Columbia
“At D*Victoria Hotel you are always #1”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

My wife and I have just returned from a stay in Orange Walk, Belize where we spend four splendid days wandering the town, seeing its sites and meeting the locals. We made the D*Victoria Hotel our base. A great hotel within a short walk from the bus station right in the center of town. The hotel is very reasonably priced with great staff. Our cozy room had a very comfortable double bed, private bath, ceiling fan, A/C, flat screen cable tv and a small fridge. The hotel has a large wrap around balcony, our room was located on the north side and overlooked the pool area. In the afternoon it was very shaded a real sweet spot to enjoy a cold beer or soda that could be purchased from the front desk. WiFi was also available but on the south side of the balcony only just because of the signal strength. We would definitely recommend this hotel to others, they have 31 rooms of varying configurations available and the hotel motto "At D*Victoria Hotel you are always #1" at is a real fact !

Room Tip: Poolside my first choice !
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Boston, MA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

I feel like I stayed in a different hotel than the one in the reviews here. From the outside the hotel looks ok despite being in a less Than appealing looking area.

Pluses: The rooms are clean, there is a pool, and you have wifi access.

Minuses: the bathroom is a few steps up which makes it slightly dangerous to brush your teeth as you can easily fall ( always on my mind while I was standing at the sink) and the bathroom wall doesn't go all the way to the roof so there is no privacy. The wifi does not work in the room so you need to hang out in the lobby.

I never got to keep because the rooms next to me had a party until 2 with an encore at 5. The staff at the hotel did nothing to stop this. I could not report it as I am a female traveling alone and it was a large group of drunk males. Not a good idea to alert them to my presence. That being said the walls are thin.

The rate is 75 Belize dollars for AC, 50 without. There Is much better value in town.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Forest, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

We stayed here 3 nights while in Belize. The hotel is clean and for the price you can not beat it. Very helpful, internet is available in the lobby and the upstairs "hammock" area, they were very friendly and willing to assist. We would highly recommend this "Pink Palace" in Orange Walk

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2008

Do not under ANY circumstances believe the photos on any site advertising this stink-hole. They're highly misleading. The place is a pig sty. I stupidly handed over the cash before viewing my room. It stunk! And the pool! It was empty of water, bar a few inches of black, smelly, scummy, litter strewn, fluid (I dread to think what it was). I tried to get my money back but was refused, depite a whole hour's worth of wrangling. This place is a disgusting, dirty, smelly, crumbling DUMP and the staff treated me the worst of any in my whole 3 month journey through Central America. I left in tears! Just DISGUSTING!

In addition to the above, they also tried to sell me a Lamanai River Tour to the Lmanai Ruins for well above the real prices offered by the tour operators. Con merchants to boot!!!

Avoid at all costs and head to the Lamanai Riverside Retreat instead. It's down by the river and hard to find, but worth the effort. The staff were amazing (mostly family of the warm, cheerful and friendly owner). My lovely cabana seemed like paradise on earth compared to the hideousness of D* Victoria Hotel.

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Disliked — The rank, dirty, scummy, 'swimming pool'.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
San Pedro town, Belize C.A.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2008

My family and I stayed at D*Victoria Hotel in August of last year.
The stay was good. Staff is above average, a little lack of customer service but acceptable still. Rooms are very clean, well maintained, a little small but didnt bother us.

The location of the hotel is just perfect, as it is right in the center of town. I do not recommend that you go in the pool, during our stay the pool water was very very dirty, was not inviting at all. Maybe it has changed, I hope so as the pool area is very nice to have a snack, chit chat, have a beer or just a nice swim Needs maintenance work URGENTLY!!!

I would recommend the staff, to be a little more friendly with the guests and that should boost up their rankings. Its a nice, clean and convenient hotel. Overall our experience was nice, nothing to boast about but nice.

Hotel de la Fuente would be a better option I belive, and you will pay more or less the same.

• Liked — Location and Cleanliness of rooms
  • Disliked — Staff Service & Pool!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to D*Victoria Hotel? Share your experiences!