“Christmas getaway 2013 the best ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Colibri House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Placencia
Colibri House
You added Colibri House to your Saves list
Harbour Place, Placencia, Belize   |
Ranked #2 of 24 Placencia B&B and Inns
Kirkland, Washington
“Christmas getaway 2013 the best ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

My wife , 7 year old daughter and I spent 12 nights at Colibri house over the Christmas holiday. The beach was just yards away from our front door! We didn't rent a car, walked everywhere and felt completely safe even when walking home after dark. We rented the upstairs unit and it was everything we needed (spacious, great accommodations and clean). The local stores were within walking distance as well as all of the restaurants. Stefano and Nicoletta were amazing, they treated us like we were family and provided us great insight about Belize. We definitely recommend staying at the Colibri House if you intend on visiting Placencia.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
ColibriHouseBelize, Owner at Colibri House, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Hi Deon!!! What can I say.... We are friends now.... I enjoyed talking with you about new technologies, business and our common future... I say common because of your future, possible choice... I like the way you are linked to your nice Family and to your daughter... You are really working hard to provide her the best future ever... We can be definitively good friends... Thank you very much for your nice review.... I sincerely appreciate it... Thank you so much!!!. I hope to see you again, maybe in San Pedro!!! ;o)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Belmopan, Belize
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Colibri is a lovely, quiet place on the beach. Within walking distance to restaurants and shopping but quiet enough from village noise.
Great service is provided. Nicoletta is a gem
Will definitely recommend.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you Elmarie and Giddeon!!!! Your review arrived perfectly on time!!! I had a couple of inquiries of Friends who were asking about the quiet surrounding the Colibri House that by the way is located on the beach and in a residential area of Placencia Village..... A review like yours will be very helpful to them.... Now there is a nice, colorful picture that shows the Studio apartment. It has been made by a Guest Friend who came back twice at the Colibri House and it has been picked up by Tripadvisor. It gives the idea of the Unit (without Che Guevara, feders etc ;o) The Studio apt has been the apartment that gave us notoriety in the business of the Placencia Tourism.... I hope your change of live linked to Belize will crown your dreams.... I also hope to see you very soon, we still have to drink that second Belikin Beer ;o)
Qualicum Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Colibri House for 5 nights in Nov. 2013. Its walking distance to everything but far enough away so that you can sleep well at night. We have stayed many times in and around Placencia to know that this offers good value. Stefano and Nicoletta are never far away if you need something but give you lots of privacy. Its located close to the beach and is equipped with comfy deck chairs and bikes. I would definitely recommend this house. Thank you Stefano for your hospitality and I know we'll see you again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
ColibriHouseBelize, Owner at Colibri House, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Hi Cynthia thank you for your nice review, I surely appreciate it. This is our policy: we ask only for honest reviews to everybody... People who are "investigating" in Tripadvisor easily understand it and a honest review helps us to have more guests/friends coming to our place in the future. A honest review also helps us to improve our little business having more guests/friends coming to stay with us. Sometimes i get shy because of all the 5 stars that have been post in Tripadvisor. I judge a 4 stars review or a 3 stars review followed by a real nice comment as a Victory.... And I am proud to say that we only got genuine comments from the first day of this Tripadvisor adventure. I wish you all the best, grazie infinite! Stefano
Kansas City, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

This was our second trip to Placencia, the first time we stayed at a larger resort, which we really enjoyed, but the Village was much further away, and required a taxi or bike ride to get there. This trip we were wanting to be closer to all the good food and fun of the Village but still quite and low key. Colibri house is perfect for this, it is close enough to walk to everywhere but still quite and remote; we were usually the only ones on the beach! We felt very comfortable walking home from dinner every night, and loved having the kitchen to prepare our own coffee every morning. Nicolette and Stefano, checked up on us daily for towels and toiletries, but neither were too intrusive. We really felt like Colibri House was our place, and even caught ourselves referring to it as “home” while we were there. This is where we will continue to stay when visiting Placencia!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
ColibriHouseBelize, Owner at Colibri House, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Thank you for your nice review... It looks really a great one because written by travelers who came twice to visit Placencia... Yes, it is true, we are not a full included resort nor, as one of my guests-friends wrote, Buckingham Palace, but we do our best to offer a nice and comfortable place on the beach of Placencia Village in a charming environment and at a reasonable price, maybe also because we are Italians and everybody know that in Italy Hospitality is Sacred... Today is December 25 and I wanted to answer you wishing a Merry Christmas and a Magic 2014!
Louisville, KY USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

After numerous stays at our Placencia "home-away-from-home", we were excited to bring our first-time-in-Belize visitors for a weekend on the beach at Colibri House. The fascinating design and decor, the homey comfort, the beach just out the door, the location just outside the main bustle of the village - all added up to our visitors being charmed and comfortable. Colibri House is unique, and reflects the uniqueness of the owners, who are also the builders and designers. Both are well-traveled, and chose Placencia to create this wonderful gift to travelers. Right on the famous sidewalk "street", you can walk a few minutes into the village action, or park a car just a few steps away and drive; parking is easy in the village. You could cook meals in your kitchen at Colibri House, it's that well-equipped, but there are a lot of great restaurants in Placencia, from street-side treats and fun bars to world-class cuisine. We enjoyed our snacks (delicious freshly harvested and roasted Belizean cashews and peanuts come to mind) and drinks (fresh fruit utilized in various libations) while hanging out on the decks and in the hammocks, but besides brewing some good Belizean coffee in the morning we did no cooking. Grocery type stuff, and more importantly, liquor and wine and beer, are readily available at the store near the entrance to Colibri's driveway - but the store closes at 9 pm, so purchase the nightcap provisions for your late-night beach-deck pleasures accordingly. Stefano is a gem of a host, and Nicoletta will assure every household detail. We really do have a sense that it is "ours", more a home than "rental cottage". Our first-time Belize visitors were completely won over by the warm and unique qualities of Belize, and by the warm and unique qualities of Colibri House. They are already planning a second stay - and we'll be with them, for our seventh stay - at Colibri House!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
ColibriHouseBelize, Owner at Colibri House, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Oh my God... Cara Barbara... It is years that I wanted to answer you officially in Tripadvisor... I have thanked you many times in person but I have to confess all that I never knew how to respond to the reviews, you know me very well Barbara, I have learned just a few days ago!!! I wanted to tell you and Clay that I consider you my friends and I think that if you really will be back to stay with us for the seventh time you will also be a little like part my Family too!!! Un caro abbraccio e spero a presto! Ciao! Stefano
Grimsby, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We spent 5 nights at Colibri House at the end of October and it was fantastic!!! My husband and I rented the apartment upstairs and his 2 brothers rented the apartment downstairs. The location was PERFECT! Just far enough away from all the noise but close enough to all the action. It is located right on the sidewalk which makes getting food, drinks or catching a tour quick and easy. The house itself was very clean and comfortable. Lots of windows and doors to enjoy the nice sea breeze. The loft bedroom in the upper apartment can get a little warm at times but there are lots of fans to help cool you down. Stefano and Nicolette were amazing people to deal with - one of them stopped by once a day to make sure everything was going well and that we had everything we needed. They gave us lots of recommendations for places to eat and good tour companies to use. I was a little nervous about sending a wire transfer for the deposit initially but it is completely safe with Stefano so no need to be worried! We would 100% recommend Colibri House and will stay there again when we return to Placencia :)

Room Tip: The downstairs unit is cooler for sleeping.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Lauren, believe me or not but you know that the last three Parties we had at the Colibri House were all Families like yours renting the whole cottage? And Abbyann as Barbara with their husbands came back in different occasions... Maybe one day you will come back too!!! Thank you for your great review and for being so nice to us... I wish you, your husband and his brothers all the best, ciao e grazie!!! Stefano
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I just spent a week in Placencia in the downstairs apt of the Colibri House. It was my 3rd visit to Belize and Placencia, 2nd time staying at the Colibri House. I love Placencia and think the Colibri House is a fabulous place to stay. This house has a great location close to the end of the sidewalk on a beautiful beach. You are out of the foot traffic here and pretty much have the whole beach to yourself. We swam in the 82° water before breakfast and throughout the day. Both apts are very nice and a real bargain. Having a kitchen, fridge and nice bathroom is a big plus. Both apts. have these. Even though we never cooked a meal (too many great restaurants and wonderful fish dinners to be tried), we were able to make coffee and store drinks. There is also a blender in both apts - great for making fresh fruit smoothies or those rum drinks. Buy pineapple, banana, papaya and make your own smoothies. I would say my favorite apt is the upper one because of the decks and views. It was hot while we were there, but there are plenty of fans and when we turned them on and our apt cooled down quickly. This last visit my brother and sister and law joined us and we took over the whole house. That was a lot of fun. We each had our own space and bath but could share decks and patios. Stefano is very attentive and helpful. He still doesn't do credit cards so you have to wire money to secure your deposit. It really isn't that big of a hassle and definitely worth it!! I hope to stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Abbyann, it has been our pleasure to have you and your Family again here at the Colibri House. I was worried because of the weather but I am happy that you had a nice stay and I appreciate your review!!! I am also sure that many friends of Tripadvisor will appreciate it too!!! I am looking forward to see you again! Stefano

Been to Colibri House? Share your experiences!