“Above and Beyond” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Colibri House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Placencia
Colibri House
You added Colibri House to your Saves list
Harbour Place, Placencia, Belize   |
Ranked #2 of 24 Placencia B&B and Inns
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Above and Beyond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband has already posted a great review about our stay in March this year. But I wanted to add a special note. We traveled for 10 days with 2 kids-ages 8 and 9 years throughout Belize and Guatemala. Our last 3 days were at the Colibri House and my son had brought with him on the trip one special stuffed animal. A special toy given to him by his grandmother 5 yrs ago, and the one toy that is usually packed when it is time for a trip. Our last morning my son left this toy in our cab/van and we did not realize it until we were flying in the air from Placencia to Belize City. We contacted Stefano, who already knew about the toy as the van driver had called him. Stefano graciously mailed this toy back to the U.S. and made our son very happy. He also restored a confidence in me in the innate goodness of people. Thank you Stefano!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ColibriHouseBelize, Owner at Colibri House, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Hi All! This is the first time I am answering to every Guest/Friend who have reviewed us in this Magic site called Tripadvisor. A Magic link that connect Rental Business, Travelers and Tourists of the whole Earth... Thank to All of you and to Tripadvisor our little business, the Colibri House has prospered for years being able to survive also in recent difficult times because of the terrible Global Economical meltdown... It has been taught to everybody but maybe all of us have reached to the end of that tunnel that badly hit many nice Families. I have always thought about all of you hoping that the nice people who have picked up our vacation rental to enjoy their holidays could make it as we have been able to make it until now. I am sincerely grateful to all of you... Now possibly all of us will have to fight again against new Economical Challenges plus the Global change of the weather, so weird and unpredictable here in Belize as in the rest of the World. But I am sure that all of us will be blessed and we will make it again!!! I have always thought that the Karma strongly linked to the Colibri House was good for us and for our Guests/Friends and I hope He helped you as He helped us... Just a thought after so many years (14...) I started this business with Nicoletta, when nobody here or at home in Italy could even think we could make it... I wanted to share it with All of you but now it is better if I will post it right the way!!!! If not I won't be so brave to do it!!!!!!!! ;o)

I wish you all the best, grazie infinite.... Ciao! Stefano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Winnemucca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stayed at the Colibri House on my recent visit to Placencia, Belize. Although I hadn't stayed at the Colibri House before, it was like coming home. I enjoyed the hammock on the porch for reading, relaxing and yes, even napping. The house (and indeed all the properties I stayed at managed and owned by Stephano) are clean and nicely furnished. Colibri House is right on the beach, the breezes are just right and you can go for a dip in the ocean any time you want. It's on the beach so you can visit your choice of restaurants just down the beach or cook in the kitchen or barbecue outside. I also went down to the beach in the evening to watch the waves and swim a bit. It's a great place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stefano was great, the house location is great, and larger than we expected. We weren't sure if our family of 4 would comfortably fit in just the upper level, so we rented both floors. That was probably unnecessary, and we likely would have been just fine in the upper apartment. Sunrise over the beach is beautiful. FYI, the house has a wi-fi setup.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

River Falls, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We were able to stay in the upper unit of Colibri House for 4 days before Easter. The beach was at our doorstep and the view from the 3rd floor deck was breathtaking. There were two bikes to use with the rental and Stefano found us a 3rd to use during our stay. The bed was very comfortable and the whole rental was clean.
Stefano was an extremely accomodating host during our entire 2 week stay. He assisted in moving all our luggage so we could go snorkeling on the day we needed to move. Stefano checked in with us often to make sure we had everything we needed or to see if we had any questions he could help us with.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Ladysmith, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Ever since I was a kid I wanted a house on the beach somewhere that it was likely pirates once walked. We found such a place in Placencia, Belize!
The beautiful beach aside, as soon as we saw the pictures of Colibri House online we thought it was the place for us. Due to the blizzards in the Eastern US we were delayed getting to Placencia and it was almost dark when we arrived. Stefano was still there to greet us and help us settle in. A thorough briefing on all the “do’s and do not’s”, a hand drawn map of the best places in a range of categories that are an easy walk from the house and a check out on the bicycles provided were all given by Stefano as we were getting unpacked and established.
The house itself (we had the lower floor) was everything it appeared to be in the pictures we had seen online, and was a perfect set up for a couple with two small children. Stefano had sourced a playpen, or “baby jail” for our 19-month old and the sofa was perfect for the 3-year old. After traveling 26 hours with two small children we barely had the energy to find a restaurant but luckily Colibri House is only a few minutes’ walk from all amenities.
We had the best shrimp stirfry we’ve ever had only 5 minutes down the sidewalk from the house. Heading to bed right after dinner we didn’t wake up until around 8 the next morning, while having the most restful sleep we’d had in years!
That first night’s experiences set the tone for the rest of the stay, as we so thoroughly enjoyed it and intend to return. I think next time the kids will be older and we’ll likely take the loft rather than the lower apartment, just so we can sit on the deck at night and listen to the sound of the waves. Colibri House would be perfect for a 2-family vacation as one could stay in the upper and one could stay in the lower while sharing the beach.
The beach was very nice although sometimes depending on the wind you can get an accumulation of seagrass and other flotsam, but compared to the beaches in Canada I would take a little seagrass any day of the week!
We went fishing and snorkeling with an outfit out of Placencia (Cayequest) and they actually drove the boat right up on the beach in front of the house to get us, which was the Caribbean equivalent of a chauffeured limousine from what I can see! It was just as fun getting dropped off at the end of the day with a whole whack of fresh caught fish that required immediate barbecueing!
Nicoletta was very attentive and checked in every day or two to see if anything was needed, and Stefano rounded up a fellow to help me with a computer glitch I was having, so I can honestly say that you are not ever without local knowledge and assistance and that knowledge and assistance is of a very high caliber.
We would highly recommend Colibri House to couples or families and for two families traveling together (or maybe a family with teenagers) renting the entire unit would be perfect. We stayed 10 days and it flew by. Frankly, I could stay there for months if the opportunity presented itself and we are definitely going back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Parksville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I can not agree and thank enough to every reviewer who had devoted his/her time to share their wonderful experiences in Colibri House!!! As matter of fact, I have to say, it was even better after our two week holiday in Colibri House!!!! Stefano, Nicoletta, and their kitties are so warm and passionate; we do not feel we are just the guests renting the house, and we are their friends!!! Apartment is very self sufficient and comfortable, we enjoyed every minute of it! We cannot wait to return!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We have stayed at the Colibri House a number of times over the past 6 years. It is close to town yet just far enough away to be peaceful. Easy walk to stores and restaurants. Its location provides for a nice quiet spot on the beach and lovely views from the porches. Both the house and the apartment have virtually everything you could need during your stay. It is very cozy, charming, comfortable and clean. Stefano and Nicoletta are very friendly and are always willing to accommodate. This is the perfect layed back place to stay in Placencia. We'll be back.
Sal and Chellie

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

I wish you all the best, grazie infinite.... Ciao! Stefano

Been to Colibri House? Share your experiences!