From the moment we stepped onto this little piece of heaven, we felt as if we knew everyone already. We were welcomed by a beautiful small resort who's owners know no strangers. Lucky who goes by the nickname " Extremely" and his beautiful wife and family have allowed guest to discover what living on a paradise island at an amazingly affordable price is all about. Cozy cabanas with beautiful vegetation on the waters edge of Placencia's lagoon offer comfort, full functioning kitchen, comfortable bed, front porches with waterfront lagoon living. Lucky and his wife Erin provided a service that a concierge from the most expensive and elaborate hotels in the world couldn't touch. Not only did he arrange tours for us, but even joined us for dinner and drinks at the famous Barefoot bar later that evening. They also offer golf cart and bike rentals which is all one needs to get around the penninsula. And wait til you meet Barney ( the parrot who doesn't know he can fly and his side kick Oliver who loves to give kisses ( on Lucky's command only). This is definitely a place we will stay at each time we visit Belize. They have become our friends now.
- Also Known As:
- Captain Jak`s Cabanas Hotel
- Captain Jak`s Cabanas Hotel Placencia
- Captain Jaks Cabanas Placencia
- Captain Jak's Cabanas Belize/Placencia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose from one of the tropical garden private cabanas, two-story cottages, and/or private villa. Captain Jak’s offers accommodations for the back packing adventurer, couples, families, and/or small and large groups. Captain Jak’s is a hidden oasis, while still being located only steps away from the village and the Caribbean sea. Captain Jak's has its own private marina which allows you to leave from your door step for diving, sailing, fishing, Caye hopping, kayaking, or snorkeling. Zip lining, Mayan Ruins and cave tubing aren’t far away either. The owners of villa resort live on the property and they are some of the best hosts you will find in Belize. Make sure to ask them about their sailing trips. There is nothing like sailing with Lucky and Erin on the warm Caribbean Sea, anchoring at sunset and BBQing the fresh catch of the day while drinking their famous rum punch.You must experience Captain Jak’s. ... more less