Placencia is for those who are looking for the 'village' life on Belize.
We had the garden view - european which was pretty much that. A double bed and a twin bed in the same room with a view of the outside garden and parking lot. The bed linens were very unpleasant and looked handmade 10 years ago. The bathroom was very modest as well. I assumed there was no hot water but i didnt know how to properly change it However, it was surprising to know that the cable TV had more channels than in the US including HBO & Showtime.
The pool area is decent size with the beach literally 10 steps away. The beach water has a lot of seaweed on the shore but pretty clean once you venture further out.
The restaurant is a large hut type building near the pool. The food is decent. I highly recommend the lobster paella if its the day's special. The other menu items are ok taste. Price wise, all items are listed in BZE dollars and a little bit more expensive than relative dishes in the states. There is a tax and service charge that is included on all tabs. The service charge is split thru out all the staff and an additional tip is optional for your direct server. The restaurant, like all others closes, at 9pm so food options after this are null. I highly recommend: 1) purchasing duty free liqs at the BZE airport as the prices are very cheap and 2) a local grocery for snacks, water and drink mixers. If you plan to eat after 9, try getting a room with an oven so you can buy items to eat for cheap and on your own time.
The hotel offers free bikes which could be used to travel to other hotels (15 mins) and "town" (30 mins). There is also golf carts available.
Overall, the hotel has a very peaceful setting and not a lot of traffic or activity, with average food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Laru Beya is an exclusive, midsize resort located on seven acres of lush gardens and beachfront property in southern Belize. We have the amenities of a large resort with the service and attention to detail of an exclusive villa. We offer a wide variety of rooms including ocean and garden view, and two and three bedroom villas that include living and dining rooms and full kitchens. Also available are penthouse rooms and villas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Laru Beya Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laru Beya Resort And Villas
- Laru Beya Resort & Villas Hotel Placencia
- Laru Beya Hotel
- Laru Beya Resort & Villas Belize/Placencia