“Very well done tour” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 27 things to do in Placencia
More attraction details
Owner description: Bunches of Fun Banana Farm Tours are set on Sagitun Farm, just minutes away from resorts on the Placencia Peninsula and a quick drive from Dangriga and Hopkins. We are Belize’s exclusive banana farm tour. Tours run on Monday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday when banana harvest is taking place. Tour times are 8 am, 10 am, and 2 pm. Bookings are essential.
Fort Worth, Texas, USA
3 attraction reviews
“Very well done tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Like others have stated I never really thought what went into where bananas come from. I will say I will never take for granted this fruit again. The whole process is done by hand, which to me is fascinating.

The tour is done by the owners wife, and you can tell she is passionate about her job. She is highly informative and funny. She was able to work around our schedule, and answered all my questions. The tour ends with fried banana chips, the perfect ending to a great outing. This tour is appropriate for all ages, and I highly recommend taking an hour or so out of your trip for this tour.

Visited November 2013

Cozumel, Mexico
4 attraction reviews
“Fun and informative, it's a must see!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I'll admit a couple of thing here; first, I really never gave much thought to "where bananas come from", and second, I didn't have great hope for it to be an exciting story! I recently had the time and the opportunity to visit the Banana Farm and take the Bunches of Fun tour and was very happy to enjoy this unique experience.
This is an experience suitable for every member of the family. Our tour guide was Mrs Banana Farm herself, and Mrs Zabonah was knowledgable, enthusiastic and passionate about her tour. Sharing everything from beginning to end of banana growth, harvest, packing and shipping, as well as silly stories made this a personal and unforgettable experience.
Take the time, take the tour! You won't be sorry.

Visited April 2013
Texas
3 attraction reviews
“It really was bunches of fun!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I absolutely loved this part of our vacation! We came to Belize to relax and enjoy the great beaches, but we came home with a new appreciation of how food is produced--plus the banana farm was absolutely beautiful!
The tour was of a family owned and operated banana farm that's a short drive from all of the resorts and attractions in Placencia. The tour guide is married to the banana farmer and she was awesome! She is so knowledgable about the banana industry, plus she was hilarious. We really enjoyed listening to her stories.
We learned so much about the banana industry. It's a very labor intensive crop, the fruit is kind of hard to grow in the soil in Belize, and all the bananas grown in Belize go to the UK. And, if you eat a banana in Belize, chances are, it was grown right there at that farm.
This was a really great agri/eco-tourism experience for us. I loved learning about this fruit that I eat every day, I loved the surroundings, our tour guide was AWESOME, and I really loved the fried banana chips that we got on the tour. I recommend this to anyone visiting Belize--couples, families, or even a group of friends. It's Bunches of Fun!!!

Visited June 2012