“Owner is awesome” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Late Night
Houston, Texas
“Owner is awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Wife and I went to the flying pig and were getting a bit tired- there were a few expats in there, and the cab we were waiting on was taking forever- the owner threw his keys to another expat and he took us back to the hotel--- if you are in Placencia you have got to stop here--- definitely would be our "cheers" if we lived there

Visited June 2014

Ottawa, Canada
“Fly on in!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

As far as what I liked? Patrick, the owner, is a great guy. He is very welcoming and friendly and makes you feel right at home. His nachos are awesome, and so are the beer and Panty Rippers! Every Tuesday night he has an open jam session which I really enjoyed. I would go back just for that, but there is a spaghetti night as well that I have not had the chance to try yet. Next visit. He has two flat-screens for patrons to watch if they want, a dart board, chairs you can swing on, railings you can dance on (yes, it gets fun), and a little barmaid with a great deal of tolerance. Haha! I had a great time and will hang out there again whenever I return.

Visited May 2014
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Side of the road treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

The Flying Pig is a great little bar along the road on the way into Placencia. They have regular specials (all you can eat spaghetti) and a great night life. The naked wings are fried and good. Patrick will keep you laughing and aim to make you happy, so enjoy the local color.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our watering hole during our stay in Placencia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

I'm so glad we stumbled upon the Flying Pig. It was refreshing to get instant service as soon as we sat down. Most of the locals in other restaurants tend to take their time when serving guests. The owner Patrick was super fun and had us sampling rum in the first 2 mins of sitting down. The food was awesome and well priced. If you're driving by, it's an absolute must to stop in and try the wings and sign the wall!!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Football madness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Patrick made sure my buddy and I were well looked after during the American football semi finals. Had fun games to play while you are watching, and was a great guy to watch the games with. Although the bar was more so locals than anything, they were all very friendly.
A bit far out from the main drag, but a cab ride wont cost you much.
Patrick, Mike and I left our jackets there, as we couldn't really remember leaving! Make sure you give them to some pretty girls who are without jackets on a rainy walk home! Thanks again! Great night!

Visited January 2014