“Harry is the best!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Harry's Cozy Cabanas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Placencia
Harry's Cozy Cabanas
You added Harry's Cozy Cabanas to your Saves list
Sunset Pointe, Placencia, Belize   |
Long Beach, California, United States
“Harry is the best!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My girlfriend and I arrived and I was sick as a dog from a bug I got traveling. Harry and his friend Fern were extremely helpful and sweet by aiding to my sickness. The cabanas were amazing with an amazing view 20 ft from the aqua marine water. It was quiet, relaxing, and replenishing, Do not expect to be staying in a 5 star hotel or anything, but for $30 U.S. dollars a night and a view and beach like this; i couldnt ask for anything more. Thank you Harry and Fern. Hope we can visit again sometime; Michelle and Keith.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Kellogg Mn USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My wife and I just returned from our third stay at Harry's cabanas. We always get cabana #2 because we think it has the best view of the beach, but it really doesn't make any difference because we always take our coffee to the beach to watch the sunrise anyway. Although the water has seagrass it is teaming with life and a wonderful place to snorkel. We love the quiet and the safe feeling we get at Harry,s when we sleep. We usually just hook the screen door and leave the other doors open so we get that cool breeze all night. A short walk out the back of the property to the road and cut across the ball court and we were downtown to enjoy the shops and get some fruit to eat at the table on the beach for breakfast. All good things must come to an end and we are now back in Minnesota, but we have the special memories of our time spent with Harry and Fern to make the winter bearable.

Room Tip: Cabana # 2 is closest to the beach
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

These amazing cabanas are in the perfect location for a tranquil and relaxing vacation. Because they are on the tip of the peninsula, you don't get the same tourist traffic as the rest of Placencia and it is absolutely private. All you see are gorgeous carribean views of coconut palms, beaches, birds, fish, boats, sunsets, and sunrises. I recommend getting a kitchenette so you can never leave! Harry and Fern are excellent hosts and helped us with everything we needed. After almost 2 weeks in one of their cabanas I feel like I've added 5 years to my life! We can't wait to go back next year.....

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Fernie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

I just want to thank Harry & Fern for one of the best holiday's I have ever had. Belize is a very special place and I am glad I got to experience it - and Harry's Cabana's. The beach is private and Harry personally rakes it every morning so it is spot less. There are many hammocks to enjoy, and enjoy I did. Probably my favourite spot was the hammock on the wrap around deck of my cabana. The rooms are very clean and very well located in a private spot on the island, but within walking distance to the town. Our group went on snorkelling trips twice with Francis because he was such an excellent guide. I highly recommend the Tutti Fruity ice-cream as well as the Rumfish restaurant - both exceeded any expectations. I will be going back!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

We looked at the reviews and booked for two night.
broken dish machine in front , Harry coming from the bar completely drunk....
We asked him how to book a tour for the monkey river...He had no idea or too drunk to help us.
The cabanas are " not " cozy at all , I could sleep better in my garden shed.
Overlooking the ocean , I would say a kind of a marina.
We made up a story and left as fast as We could.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Harry's cabanas are terrible! Do not stay there! First of all, I want to say that we are not Westin type people,we just travelled throughout Belize for 2 weeks not paying more that $60.00 a night for a cabana, but we could not stay at Harry's even though I had already paid for a one night deposit and my husband and I were willing to have Harry keep it just to get out of there!Since we could not find the place, I asked someone on the street for directions, and when he said that I should look for "broken washing machines " at the entrance, I had a bad feeling...We eventually found Harry's cabanas, with no Harry but lots of broken " stuff" everywhere! The cabanas looked old, worn out, and the beach was dirty, with algea everywhere to make it impossible to swim! Not good! Harry was nowhere to be seen, so I asked a couple of Myan ladies if they knew Harry; they nodded and said: "Oh Mister Harry! He is at the bar!"True enough, Mister Harry was at the bar next door completely drunk, he could not put 2 words together, he was stuttering, not stable on his feet, and when I asked him about the Monkey River tour for the next day, he looked at me like I was speaking chinese!and I could not understand anything of what he said.He gave us a key to the cabana, told us to lock it at night and went back to the bar!Needless to say, we went to see him, told him we could not stay there, he gave us our money back ( even though we did not ask for it) and we stayed at Tradewinds in a bungalow right on the beach for the same price.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Oakland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Harry's Cozy Cabanas are wonderful. Its a perfect location on the Beach where not too many people walk by. There is a barbeque pit, Picnic table, and a picture perfect dock to go sit on. The rooms are simple, nothing too extravagant, but clean and well decorated. A fridge and coffee maker were included, clean towels and all other basic amenities. The beds were comfortable and the room stays cool. The rooms all have at least two fans. It is well ventilated with shutters and well screened. The small screened in front porches on the cabanas are nice to have as well, comfortably seating two people. It is also very to the Paradise restaurant which is a good place to grab a cup of coffee in the morning or to grab a bite to eat. Harry himself is a wonderful, kind person and a pleasure to be around. All in all Harry's Cabanas offer the best value in all of Placencia. If you want to have a quiet getaway in a gorgeous tropical setting, minus the the big resort hustle and bustle, this is the place.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family