When you enter the Singing Sands Inn, you see several signs where they promote their motto of "Casual Elegance." That phrase really is a good way to describe the atmosphere at the Singing Sands. The cabins are not luxurious - for that you can pay the extra $150 per night to stay at Chabil Mar - but they are classy. The small pool is beautifully designed with a waterfall-like fountain to create the atmosphere of tranquility, and the beach is kept in good condition despite the inevitable seagrass. The tiling in the bathroom sink and shower is a nice touch, and the bed is comfortable. We only stayed for a night this time, but we'll be back for another visit!
On a side note: You'll want your own car to travel back and forth to the village of Placencia, where most of the restaurants and shops are. If you won't have a car, Singing Sands is still great if you will mostly be doing tours during the day. But if you want to be closer to most of the activity, you may want to find a place closer to Placencia village.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AA private secluded seafront resort on Maya Beach...with beautiful Placencia Lagoon nearby! "...Singing Sands is an oasis for the traveler...whether couples seeking a romantic space, groups in search of a base location...or birding enthusiasts and water lovers needing a place from which to begin...their Belizean adventure." Our Inn is tucked within a beautifully landscaped tropical garden, providing a restful environment for our guests. We take pleasure in providing a relaxed, at home atmosphere. We’ve been working hard in recent months to completely renovate and remodel our entire property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Singing Sands Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Singing Sands Hotel Placencia
- Singing Sands Resort
- Singing Sands Inn Belize/Placencia