I just would not change a single thing about our stay at the Green Parrort. On arrival we were surprised at the distance we were from Placencia village (a little under 10 miles) but on reflection this suited us perfectly. The cabanas were spacious, well kept, clean and very well thought out with their bedroom window and our own special seaview in the mornings. The beach was clean, golden sand and the sea, clear, warm and calm. All of these things are great but for us the stay was made complete by the staff at the Green Parrot who were like a small family for us whilst there (it was not peak season and for a few days we were the only guests but did not feel like we were alone there at any point). Leo is a star....always on hand with an infectious laugh and able to give advice, local knowledge and make any arrangements needed to ensure our stay was the best it could be. Add to this the double act of Theresa (Giraffe) and Isabella (the crazy chef) and our evenings were never dull. Both went out of their way to make sure that they catered for my shellfish allergy (although my husband tried the shellfish specials and said they were amazing!) and Isabella produced dish after dish, night after night of excellent freshly cooked delights specially for me!Theresas sense of humour, friendly approach and conversation every night in the bar/ restaurant area kept us entertained and nothing was too much trouble. We did venture out on trips to Cockscombe (not highly recommended), Monkey River (excellent to see wild manatees although we did see them from the beach at the Green Parrot too one morning!) Ziplining (excellent fun) and taking the Green Parrot bikes into Placencia.....but we equally enjoyed our time just relaxing on the beach, in the cabana, in the bar and with our adopted family for the week. I would definitely recommend a stay at the Green Parrot if you want excellent service, unique accommodation, a fantastic beach location and time to relax and just enjoy being on your holiday! Thank you to Leo and all of the team for making our stay so memorable - if we are back in Belize at any time we will definitely be staying with you again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Green Parrot Beach Houses is located in Southern Belize on the Placencia peninsula. We have a total of 8 individual beach cabanas to serve our guests needs. All of our units are on the beach. In addition, we have our own bar and restaurant. The Green Parrot Resort serves a wide variety of customers- adventure travelers, divers, fishermen and women, weddings, college groups, religious service groups, and beach lovers. You can arrange all of your tours through the Green Parrot Office. We prescreen our tour guides so that you get the best adventure experience for the dollar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Green Parrot Beach Houses reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Green Parrot Beach Houses Hotel Placencia
- Green Parrot Beach Hotel
- Green Parrot Beach Resort
- Green Parrot Beach Houses Belize/Placencia