We enjoyed RG for the most part and the highlight was the staff. They are so friendly and nothing was a bother. The room was immaculately cleaned each day although there was the odd bug, ant or roach so check your shoes. It was to be expected considering where we were. We didnt find the no see ums as bad as we had expected and a little deet keeps them away. The public areas were the best we came across with three pools and a nice deck out over the water. One suggestion for RG would be to allocate one of the pools strictly adults only. The beach is not that great due to sea grass, but that is not exclusive to RG with the sea grass all along the peninsular. We "inspected" other properties (or at least their bars) and in the end were happy with choosing RG. The only thing that lets RG down is the food and beverage which was far superior every other place we went. We ate breakfast each day and although the continental breakfast buffet suited us before heading out diving, had we been looking for a big breakfast experience, RG wouldn't have suited. You can order a la carte but its only average. We had the BBQ buffet one night and while it was OK, there was nothing memorable about it. There are certainly better food options in the area although you need a car or taxi to get to them. As others have mentioned, the whale shark diving seems a bit of a scam, or at the very least false advertising. According to our dive guides, no one saw a whale shark last year, and only 2 sightings in 2011. To be honest, the other diving with RG was not as expected but will review diving separately as this is for the hotel. On a positive, if you dive with RG the dive shop is conveniently located to the hotel and you can charge it all back to the room. We used the hobby cat, and as first time users, one of the activities staff gave us lessons and kept an eye on us for nearly an hour while we were out. In summary, good rooms and pool facilities but don't go for the food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the Caribbean coast of the Placencia Peninsula in southern Belize, the award-winning Robert's Grove Beach Resort, is a comfortable, beautifully appointed property set amidst 22 acres of tropical, art-filled gardens and sandy beach that offers easy access to all of Belize's top attractions: The largest Barrier Reef in the Western Hemisphere, lush Rainforest and Maya Ruins. Robert's Grove Beach Resort features 52 air-conditioned beachfront Classic Vista one bedroom rooms, one, two and three bedroom villas, with all the conveniences one would expect from a finer Beach Resort. There are three private beachfront pools and a host of complimentary activities and amenities that include free wireless internet, tennis court, fitness room, bicycles, pedal boats, kayaks, windsurfers and Hobie Cats. The resort offers three distinct and delicious dining venues: The Seaside Restaurant, with its accompanying bar and lounge, overlooking the beach and sea and serves an international menu along with local specialties. Room Service is available from the Seaside Restaurant. Habanero Mexican Cafe & Bar, offering a full range of Mexican dishes, overlooking the Placencia Lagoon at the Robert's Grove Marina and Sweet Mama's Restaurant a delight in Belizean home cooking and a unique outdoor setting. The food and beverage team at Robert's Grove Beach Resort also arranges special evenings and cultural programs on a weekly basis, including its famous Saturday Night Poolside BBQ Buffet with local music and dancing as well as Habanero's Tuesday night Mexican Buffet and Sunday Paella special. Romantic dinners atop the resort's thatched rooftop gazebos, private room terraces and thatched palapa at the end of its 225 foot pier offer additional dining pleasures. The Resort's spacious grounds, professional food and beverage capability and fully equipped conference room have made it an especially popular setting for large destination weddings, celebrations and business events. The Resort's Water Activity Center features the most diverse water sport activities in southern Belize: At the Resort's 5-Star PADI Dive Center a highly skilled team of dive instructors and dive masters are on standby for instruction as well as daily trips to the many exciting dive locations in our area. Snorkeling, Fishing and island hopping are available from our luxurious charter boats. We also offer overnight stays at our two privately owned islands. The Resort also operates a wide range of tours and excursions to the rainforest and Maya ruins, including Cockscomb Jaguar Preserve and Monkey River.And after a full day exploring the wonders of Belize's magnificent barrier reef and its tropical rainforest, Robert's Grove offers its guests the opportunity to pamper themselves at the resort's well-appointed "Sea Spa" where skilled therapists provide a wide assortment of massages and spa treatments in indoor and outdoor treatment rooms, using the jungle's best natural herbs and oils. The recipient of the Belize Tourist Board's "Hotel of the Year" (2008), TripAdvisor's "Traveller's Choice Award" (2010) and TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence for 2011, Robert's Grove Beach Resort has long proven its commitment to high standards - both in guest services and its regard for nature and the environment. Known for its natural beauty and quiet luxury, it is the perfect destination from which to enjoy the best of Belize and the beautiful Belizean people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Robert's Grove Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Robert`s Grove Beach Hotel Placencia
- Hotel At Roberts Grove
- At Roberts Grove Placencia
- Robert's Grove Beach Resort Belize/Placencia