“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Placencia
Spring, Texas, United States
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We've been to many beautiful vacation spots but this one was our favorite! The staff was wonderful, the food was out of this world. The room was beyond comfortable and it was simply the most relaxing, romantic six days ever!

Room Tip: Other than the honeymoon suite I think all the rooms are about the same. Not really knowing about a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Wasilla, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

My husband and I wanted to snorkel one of the Caye's in Belize. We asked around and found excellent reviews on tripadvisor. Since it was short notice, we were given a 25% discount. I felt pampered from the moment I stepped off their beautiful boat. Dasha was ther to greet us with frozen drinks. We were taken to our beautiful cabins, had dinner (lobster) and then went to bed. It was dark when we got there so what a beautiful surprise to wake and explore this magnificent island. The staff were always available with advice about where and when to see the tarpen, when the best time to see the spotted rays, always asksing what they can do for us. Never heard the word "no" Can not say enough good things about this place. I just wish we could have stayed longer than 3 nights.

Room Tip: Does not matter, they are all magnificent
Alexandria, VA USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Just returned from four nights at the beautiful Hatchet Caye Resort. This really is a magical place. Incredibly calm and peaceful with breath-taking views. To say I was relaxed would be an understatement. With minimal cell service, I was able to really take a break from work--which doesn't happen very often--and just enjoy my surroundings.

The room was great--well appointed and immaculately clean. There is A/C but we chose not to use it and to sleep with the windows open. The trade winds were heavenly and hearing the water right outside your room is a wonderful way to fall asleep.

The food in the restaurant was excellent. Loved the coconut shrimp and the lion fish cakes! The staff was very helpful but not intrusive. The grounds were spotless too. The staff really pride themselves on keeping the resort clean.

I traveled with a friend, but most of the guests were couples. The other guests were friendly but not intrusive as well. We all seemed to have the same goal--to unwind for a few days. And though there were mostly couples, I personally wouldn't hesitate to go back by myself. It's just a very comfortable place.

The beach is rocky, but there is a great area for swimming off the dock. The water was amazing! We also kayaked. And, I had one of the best massages I've had in a long, long time.

It is a bit of a hassle to get there. Fly to Belize City, fly to Placencia, take an hour+ boat ride to Hatchet Caye. But it was worth it the hassle the minute you step on the dock.

I highly recommend this resort if you're looking for a peaceful vacation. If you're in search of a party scene, go to Cancun instead!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
St. Paul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had such a great time on the island! We got our open water diving certification and Elroy was a great guide. Staff at the restaurant/bar was great and super fun. Food and drinks were great. Everyday was a new adventure and the staff was there for anything you needed. Snorkeling was great right off the dock and the turtle snorkel trip was awesome! We met a lot of great people staying on the island and had a blast every night in the dining area. It was really hard to leave!

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Where do we start?!! My husband and I loved Hatchet Caye so much that we got Dasha to let us stay an extra night. (Dasha- can't thank you enough for helping us change our reservations and airline tickets - another great perk with no extra charges since Dasha worked her magic!) We can't say enough about what a great place this was to stay. Elroy, Fagan, and Dameano were always there to help with any outside adventures. All you needed to do was ask and they helped you with anything you needed. And the food was EXCELLENT!! I had heard that we should bring snacks in case of missing meal time but we never experienced any problems with food. Meals were ready whenever we were hungry and if you needed a snack in between all you had to do was ask and Juan and Antonio were ready to get you something delicious. They also took extra time and care to make our last night special. Dameano got us some fresh coconuts and Juan made us up a delicious drink. The rooms were clean (and I am pretty picky about this). It was like magic how the rooms were cleaned while we were out. Views were spectacular, snorkeling was unbelievable, and I really can't thank you guys enough for making our anniversary a very special one. We hope to come back soon!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
jus arun de corneh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

WOW! Just spent the weekend at Hatchet Caye and was pleasantly surprised. Everyone I talked to raved about it and they were right. From the moment we landed on the dock till the day we left it was heaven. The rooms were beautiful, right on the waters edge with a breeze blowing all night, the food at the Lionfish grill was fabulous, especially liked the fish tacos, the fish garnaches...all the fish was fresh. The best fish I've ever eaten, and the Rum Punch speaks for itself. Snorkeling righ toff the dock was fun as there was a ton of fish. All in all, I would go back here in a heartbeat. The staff, Ras, Charlie Brown, Andy, Dasha were great.
If you are thinking of coming here, go ahead and come. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Maplewood, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My wife and I got married in June and wanted to go somewhere warm when it wasn't so warm in Minnesota. We decided to pull the trigger on the LivingSocial deal for Hatchet Caye and didn't regret it! Everything met or exceeded our expectations! All the staff are there to help you at the any time and refer to you by name. They all want to make sure that your stay there is everything you can ever imagine. Unfortunately, for us American Airlines screwed us out of a day but Dasha was very quick to get our flight and travel arrangements from Belize City taken care of for us to arrive the next day.

The food was amazing! The only thing I would caution is for people that don't like seafood, you may become tired of the same chicken and burger dishes (but who doesn't like seafood?). I went out fishing and they cut up the tuna I caught for an appetizer and cooked up my barracuda to perfection!

This island is paradise! More private and intimate than a Sandals resort. I can't say enough good things about our stay here. Don't hesitate to book your stay!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hatchet Caye Resort? Share your experiences!